Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 4:18 pm

^ I don't know about you, but this thread cheered me up.

Misunderstandings occurred but everything was sorted out amicably, with a little bit of humour.
I wish the rest of the internet was so congenial.

PredatoryTunicate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2019, 5:25 pm

Yeah.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 5:31 pm

Could you have a chat with Snake and try and clear the air ?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

PredatoryTunicate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2019, 6:21 pm

I don’t think so. I deleted the character ref and reposted it with they/them pronouns instead because I don’t want to get on Snake’s bad side.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 6:32 pm

We all make compromises to keep the peace or for an easy life.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 6:36 pm

that might be sub-optimal. people like that will push u as far as u let them. so u let it happen, they will invent another reason to make unhealthy demands. bc thats what they want. to have some... sick sort of fun... at ur expense. thats what makes them feel better. or they simply wouldnt bother. they have no right to mess with ur character. also having a chat with them is even more sub-optimal, given that their aim is to troll/push u. optimal solution would be, keep ur character ref (given that nobody else has problem with it) and just never reply to any cues from "snake". thats only thing that hurts them. ignore. dont feed the trolls.

PredatoryTunicate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2019, 6:57 pm

I don’t think they’re a troll, though. Snake has expressed similar opinions in the past. I’ll try to take your advice into consideration if things like this happen in the future.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 7:01 pm

some ppl troll intentionally, and some are just... well... do believe for real, that they have such rights on others. i dont know whats worse. i have to admit, i myself sometimes enjoy trolling ^^(mostly when the target has done something to justify my actions in my own eyes xD keyword MY). but this is either very skilled troll with no remorse, or JUST a person with no sense of borders, with more ego than is plausible. ofc my methods of dealing with such are mine and could not suit u) this is just a single perspective of quite a psychopathic person ^^

PredatoryTunicate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2019, 7:04 pm

Ah.

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 11:56 pm

PredatoryTunicate wrote:
I’m posting this here because I don’t want to get in trouble on this other internet thing for posting about this yet I also need to get it off of my chest. Hopefully this is the right board for this sort of thing.
I’m active on this small art and animation program/social media site called Framecast, and one of the things people do there is make species for people to use. I made a character in a species that are weird magical fox-things, and one of the rules of the species was that they lacked genders and used they/them pronouns. On my original ref of my character in the species, I referred to the character with ze/zim pronouns because I thought that would suit zim. The species creator was fine with it. Today, I made a somewhat updated ref of the character, again using ze/zim pronouns, and another person who I’ll be calling Snake noticed. Snake first made a callout post, not revealing my name, that basically said they felt betrayed by someone they follow happening to use pronouns other than she/the/him for a fictional character. Snake later commented on my ref that I should use they/them pronouns for the character, because people might make fun of me for using them. I told them that people probably wouldn’t make fun of me for that, and they responded my use of ze/zim for a character might cause people to think that those pronouns are valid, and that they were somehow transphobic. I wanted to avoid their ire, so I didn’t get into a debate on what the definition of transphobia was, and I instead just questioned their first statement. Snake said people would believe pretty much anything on the internet and I should be careful around pronoun-related stuff, and the conversation ended there. I’m somewhat annoyed at Snake because I comsider pronouns like ze/zim to be perfectly valid, if a little weird to use since I’m not used to them.

How are ze and zim transphobic? I thought that they were meant to be gender neutral. I don't like using "they" because it is a plural pronoun and I think it's inappropriate to use it when referring to a single person.