Have you ever experienced this before??

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Ana2002
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2019, 1:10 pm

hi to all. I'll get to the point. I've an odd feeling that has remained for a year. It all began when I was very stressed, I couldn't take it anymore. (I didn't know about my Asperger's at the time). I ended up with at least mild depression and anxiety. Since then, I think I've changed. I've lost almost all my interests.

The thing is that I see life as a dream. I mean, I don't see anything real . My emotions seem to disappear sometimes, It's very hard to vent them. I'd like to cry or have a tantrum, but I can't. I don't know how.
Some days (especially when I feel alone) I feel numb, like super tired of everything (both physically and psychologically), unable to cry (even when I need it). Days spend too fast, it's so overwhelming. I'd like to stop living for an instant, and then live again. Do you understand what I mean? I also struggle with my routine, and I've never experienced that. Most days are really hard to get up, to do daily things, to organise, to live. (So I often pass the time doing nothing and not being productive, I don't have many energy and I feel guilty of it...:S)
I'm tired out of living (I don't want to commit suicide or something related to that, but I've suicidal thoughts... I wonder if I still have burnout.

Have you ever experienced this before?

I feel this way now. Maybe later I see this in a different and more optimistic way. Everything makes me feel anxious even when they're 'ordinary' things. I don't know if I have expressed myself well, I don't usually vent my emotions and that could be the reason of my tiredness...

sorry for my English

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 2:43 pm

yes, been there. autistic shutdown/freeze phase. or could be dissociation. happens when stress load is just too much for 1 mind to bear, so u disconnect from urself, or switch off non-vital processing. it is reversible. but takes a lot of careful tampering with ur own emotions. please note, each and every night allways meets a dawn. even a polar one.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 1:44 pm

serpentari wrote:
or could be dissociation.

This one gets my vote. Yes, I've experienced it to a rather extreme extent one time. It was rather terrifying because I didn't know wtf was happening. BUT, it was merely temporary. Also, very common.. IIRC from my research at the time, nearly 20 years ago :shock:, it's the 3rd most common "mental illness," people experience after depression & anxiety. Just thought you might take comfort in knowing that you are hardly alone in this - that a Lot of people experience it, NT's, too - and that it will pass and you'll feel more.. "grounded," again soon, especially once whatever stressor has caused it stops stressing you.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 3:06 pm

i've had all of it, i got out. and i might be able to help...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Mar 2019, 4:22 pm

I've had that when I was dealing with a psychotic depression. Are you taking any meds for depression Ana :?: I'd recommend seeing a psychiatrist if your not & be sure to tell em about all this if you are seeing one. seeing a therapist might be good too thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 5:57 pm

Many Aspies experience great stress in their lives and this stress can lead to distress and trauma. This is a list of signs of someone experiencing trauma:
* Deer in the headlight frozen expression
* Paleness and racing heartbeat
* Terrified speechless
* Disruptive behavior
* Anger, irritability, mood swings, edginess
* Hyperactive
* Poor concentration
* Demonstrating poor impulse control
* Lethargic, lack of energy
* Depressed
* Shock, denial, or disbelief
* Confusion, feeling out of control