Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 1:57 am

Does anyone ever have a problem with getting blocked by random people online?

I was following an account on twitter and I even bought some Shopkins from her from depop and she likes cute things and is into ageplay and has her own podcast and makes money off her youtube channel. But anyway I noticed yesterday she had me blocked, the day my package came from her and it had everything in it I ordered so that couldn't be the reason why she blocked me. I also wondered if I had said something wrong but never said anything offensive to her. I am assuming it happened while I was painting with my mother because I saw her posts on my Twitter feed earlier in the day while we were at Home depot picking out a color to paint the dining room and buying paint supplies.

But since then my head has been hurting from it and I can't stop thinking how I suck socially as a person and how I am often misinterpreted. I have liked her content before and even commented. I even asked her on her youtube page why I was blocked and if I had said anything wrong and I saw today that comment was deleted and so were the other two comments written to her so I know she saw it but didn't respond to it and she never blocked me on her youtube which I find strange. She never blocked me on depop either which is also weird. But I am still blocked on twitter. I don't even know if she even subscribed to a block list and my twitter name could have been on there and I keep feeling tempted to send her a message under my other Twitter account to ask her if I had done anything wrong because I noticed my other account blocked by her for no reason, no warning, nothing.

How do you deal with being blocked? Do you try to contact them or ask someone to ask them for you why you are blocked or do you let it go? This has been hard for me for the past two days because of my intrusive thoughts about it. It brings me negative thoughts about myself like how much I suck with social interaction and why my social anxiety is justified and I shouldn't bother commenting or interacting with anyone because I will just upset someone anyway. This even makes my jaw feel sore too because of how sad I am.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 2:45 am

look. it happens that some people can not-like some other people. also a "celebrity" could just be blocking a lot of people indiscriminately because they just.simply.get overwhelmed BY THE OVERALL AMOUNT of communication they got. it might be wrong, and they could have nothing against u personally. its not about u sucking at communication, its about the other person's problems/bad mood/200 other ppl they also blocked that day. i must confess, i sometimes block people for no good reason too. because for example, they wanted to be "my friend" so hard, and i am so insecure, and they wouldnt listen to "please give me more space, dont PM me without permission, (unsaid - i am getting panick attacks when PMd by strangers i didnt invite)". because they did not realise, that friendship is a LONG, self-building process, and cant be rocketboosted. and tried so hard to rocketboost it, because they found me interesting, and i couldnt handle it. and per se i wouldnt have any personal bad feelings about that person, but i would want them to stop PMing me all the time. lets say i am socially frigid that way. and not just me. and yes, i also get blocked. somebody didnt like the same traits, that another person was bugging me to see more of. somebody got pissed off at my "i want this exchange to stop now" and blocked me xD. people are different, and sometimes just dont mix. its part of life. we chose, we get chosen, and more often than not it doesnt coincide. so when that happens, just please do not take it too personally.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 2:53 am

ok sorry for doublepost, but now - how to deal
largely that depends on the level of relationship i had with that person before the block.
if they were a once-met random stranger, i wouldnt possibly know they blocked me. if i see it, i block them back and forget their names.
if i had some casual communication with them, i would spend some half an hour thinking what on my part could lead to a block. then i would revert to previous method.
if there had been a developing or active friendship, if i had known that person for years, or if they had previously given me some promices to later block me, i would go after them to great lengths. sometimes i had recovered relationships after a breakup, sometimes i only got more traumatized. sometimes i realised that all the damn way the relationship had been 1sided and that i really should have left it long earlier.

once again, there is no such person, who is liked by totally everybody. there allways will be somebody, who would NOT like u. and it doesnt make u less of a person, it just means u didnt click with someone else.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 2:59 am

serpentari wrote:
look. it happens that some people can not-like some other people. also a "celebrity" could just be blocking a lot of people indiscriminately because they just.simply.get overwhelmed BY THE OVERALL AMOUNT of communication they got. it might be wrong, and they could have nothing against u personally. its not about u sucking at communication, its about the other person's problems/bad mood/200 other ppl they also blocked that day. i must confess, i sometimes block people for no good reason too. because for example, they wanted to be "my friend" so hard, and i am so insecure, and they wouldnt listen to "please give me more space, dont PM me without permission, (unsaid - i am getting panick attacks when PMd by strangers i didnt invite)". because they did not realise, that friendship is a LONG, self-building process, and cant be rocketboosted. and tried so hard to rocketboost it, because they found me interesting, and i couldnt handle it. and per se i wouldnt have any personal bad feelings about that person, but i would want them to stop PMing me all the time. lets say i am socially frigid that way. and not just me. and yes, i also get blocked. somebody didnt like the same traits, that another person was bugging me to see more of. somebody got pissed off at my "i want this exchange to stop now" and blocked me xD. people are different, and sometimes just dont mix. its part of life. we chose, we get chosen, and more often than not it doesnt coincide. so when that happens, just please do not take it too personally.

Except she didn't tell me anything. I wasn't sending her any private messages. I am not that much of a social person because I am always afraid of intruding or afraid that I will come off as a creep or come off as a harasser. Then when I get blocked, that just proves my point that my anxiety is rational and I have every right to be anxious.

I also don't comment enough on social media because I am also a anxious person because I am always afraid I will say something wrong and come off wrong.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 4:13 am

Who knows what the motivation is for people “blocking” you?

Maybe this person only wanted to have as friends people he/she knows in person.

I have about 500 “friends,” I don’t know, personally, 450 of them.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 5:12 am

like i said, reasons could be not connected to u. please just dont take every block personally. it could even be a mistake. somebody doesnt want to connect with u, forget them. there are milliards of people, and not all of them suit u. relax.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 8:36 pm

Someone unfriended me without telling me on Facebook cos I slagged off my ex.
You know like regular people do.
She said 'you're being rude to C'
She was really boring on Twitter. She used to tweet about fashion all the time and about low fat food in M&S.
I didn't know she blocked me on FB. I pmed her on Twitter to ask if I could unfollow her as we didn't share a lot in common.
She said 'stop being fake, we all know you're doing this as revenge because of FB, I did that because you were being mean to C'

C was a racist a***hole I only dated for one reason. I sort of liked having him as the Romeo to my Juliet as well. He ended up calling my nephew (mixed race) the n word. Kid was 9. He said 'I can't go to yours at Christmas cos I'd say something to that N... and his trash mother'...

I was being mean to him right after we broke up. None of her business. Unless they ended up dating. I avoided him so I didn't know.

So long story short: sometimes people block you just for being human and hating your ex if all they want in their world is happy fluff.

I also got blocked off this guy cos I thought we were in a group of 3 friends and he was really trying to date this girl and I kept getting in the way. On Twitter. I think it was an excuse cos he didn't like the bluntness I put into my novel. I like being blunt about things. He kept nagging me cos there was a guy called something-ari and I thought his name was funny...

Lesson learned on that: 1 sometimes you're a third wheel and if you're aspie you might not know it 2 sometimes you're too blunt even for your enemies 3 sex is actually a tricky topic even if you're not saying what you want to do yourself 4 snowflakes can actually be anywhere and some people are just looking to take offence. Don't stereotype that if you're around the right culture people won't be snowflakes.

Then all of Twitter turned on me cos I went 5 years without a selfie even though certain men got away w it. The women turned first. They were also jealous cos of my friendship with a certain guy.

I was also too blunt for them. 'will you join us for the concert' 'no, mum won't let me' 'why not' 'cos there's a song that guy sings about wanting to eat someone's brain' 'it's just a laugh' 'seems pretty zombie to me' 'don't call him a zombie'...

I'm going to deliberately leave out all of the politics with selfies on that site, let's just say that certain guys got away with it.

So lessons learned on that: 1 sometimes females (or certain guys, depends on the atmosphere for that...) are hated just because we don't post sexy selfies 2 sometimes people get jealous because you're honest about who you're friends with 3 people don't like it when you point out their immorality 4 people don't like it when you're not tribal enough

I know I'm not helping you with your experiences but these are mine.

I got social anxiety from a mix of trying to fit in on that site and trying to fit into a world where I was a fish out of water and trying to get a job. These days I don't post under my real name. I don't use social media except on here and a few other forums.

PS And if anyone sings a song about eating someone's brain, I still call them a zombie for it. It's weird. I listen to that sort of violent music less and less these days. It's almost like 8 weeks of my year now as opposed to a steady diet of it. Funny what lack of social media and peer pressure will do.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 4:43 am

exellent examples of ppl, who can do 1 best thing for u -eject themselves from ur world (aka block u).)))

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 6:39 pm

I was just on her page as a guest and it seems like she likes to block people randomly and not remember why. People are really weird.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 6:44 pm

Yep. People are weird. She's probably having her fun.

Don't take her seriously.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 6:48 pm

i told u it could have nothing to do with u personally ^^
just label it as "weird BS" and throw it away)
not all ppl suit u. and then not all ppl even give a flying... bird.... to what other ppl could feel)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 10:08 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. People are weird. She's probably having her fun.

Don't take her seriously.

So strange someone would make their own videos and do their own channel and make money off it and also do a Amazon wishlist where people buy things off it for her and has a Onlyfans page where people pay $25 a month to see her content there but yet do random blocking on Twitter. I guess she doesn't take Twitter seriously and I notice she just posts lot of passive aggressive stuff there and then deletes some of her own Tweets but she still posts some of her content there like her youtube videos or when she posted about how she is selling some of her things to make more room for more of her toy collection so I bought Shopkins from her on Depop and I messaged her on Twitter because I had no way of doing it on depop and she made me a bundle of Shopkins I wanted to buy and send me the link and I clicked it and signed up on depop to buy. Maybe she didn't block me on the other websites because she wants my money and she maybe takes it more seriously on the other websites where she can make money. But yet she has her Twitter page posted on her youtube channel under About on her page. Seems unprofessional on her part if she is trying to be a star and have notoriety.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 10:40 am

keyword trying? ppl who are "trying" are basically narcissistic. which means they can ONLY see themselves... and often are incompetent. dont expect professionalism from some utube starlett, thats all i can say xD
AND THEN there is that thing when ppl really get private space decimated as "known faces". she is 1, her auditory is... much more. she has to select her peers. a reallly notorious person wont have the damn time to talk to everybody, who wants to talk to them. literally. whatever the reason, dont take it personally. its not about u. its about her, anyways.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 11:22 am

serpentari wrote:
keyword trying? ppl who are "trying" are basically narcissistic. which means they can ONLY see themselves... and often are incompetent. dont expect professionalism from some utube starlett, thats all i can say xD
AND THEN there is that thing when ppl really get private space decimated as "known faces". she is 1, her auditory is... much more. she has to select her peers. a reallly notorious person wont have the damn time to talk to everybody, who wants to talk to them. literally. whatever the reason, dont take it personally. its not about u. its about her, anyways.

Like you say, it's her loss, when people act unprofessional that way, I just won't do business with them and won't watch their content. Yes you make money from people viewing your content on youtube. You just need to have 10k subscribers to qualify for that program.

If you treat people poorly, you won't have a good reputation and you will get less fans and therefore you will lose followers and fans and soon you won't have as much money. Their loss as you say. They are digging themselves hole.

I wasn't messaging her or anything except for that time when I wanted to buy Shopkins from her when she advertised her Depop page on her Twitter page. That app won't even work on my phone so I have no way of messaging any sellers on there and you can't do it on desktop but only buy.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 11:25 am

yes, it was totally not ur fault, not ur problem and not deserving any more of ur attention)))
thats the attitude. ignore them back) they probably wont notice, (unless 10000 ppl do that), but that will ease up ur own mind, and ur own mind is what u gotta take care of))) use the metaphorical razor for this. it doesnt matter. unfollow, forget, omit, proceed) im glad u are feeling better and more confident now (if im reading u right))))