I feel very disillusioned about my country

Page 4 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:15 pm

im not making excuses for any of history s**t, mind this. i have no f*****g reason to do that, living where i do. i am just pointing out, that morale is... a peculiar thing. it changes with time, and what we consider immoral and atrocious, was pretty norm some hundreds years ago. which means, that society is moving in a right direction overall... and ya, hypocricy of usa recent policies do ring a lot of bells. and then i am again pulling up russia as an example. modern this time. we are democracy by law, but a f*****g monarchy in fact. power is usurped, elections are forged. as if 2 revolutions in 70 years wasnt 2 too many...

as to compassion and empathy, maybe its not apparent, but im trying to deal those out here ^^

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:19 pm

serpentari wrote:
im not making excuses for any of history s**t, mind this. i have no f*****g reason to do that, living where i do. i am just pointing out, that morale is... a peculiar thing. it changes with time, and what we consider immoral and atrocious, was pretty norm some hundreds years ago. which means, that society is moving in a right direction overall... and ya, hypocricy of usa recent policies do ring a lot of bells. and then i am again pulling up russia as an example. modern this time. we are democracy by law, but a f*****g monarchy in fact. power is usurped, elections are forged. as if 2 revolutions in 70 years wasnt 2 too many...

as to compassion and empathy, maybe its not apparent, but im trying to deal those out here ^^

I'm pretty positive our elections are always rigged too. Look what happened with Florida when George W. Bush became president, and I heard Hillary Clinton pretty much sabotaged her own party. :lol:

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:21 pm

sorry, i honestly dont follow everything, that happens in usa ^^ but ya clinton sounded like a mess to me. same as why putin had such an easy time getting control in the first place...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:22 pm

The best thing one can do is to try not to be like the USA. Be above it. And seek to help yourself and your family under the system. The USA as a whole might be this and that----but, maybe, your local Congress person or Assembly person, or whoever, might not be. They might be decent people because they want to be decent people. It's easier to do decent things because there's fewer people to do the decent things for.

That's why many people do things on the "grass roots" level, and don't rely on the federal/state governments. Doing things on the "grass roots" level could yield more tangible results than trying to change things on the "federal/state" level.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:27 pm

i kinda like the public image Canada as a state is making for itself. then again, they only recently easened up their immigration laws, that were (and still are, though on a lesser scale), discriminative towards disabled ppl. so no paradise ^^ and all we can do, is make whatever little moves we can to make things just a little bit better. every drop in a sea...

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:36 pm

serpentari wrote:
i kinda like the public image Canada as a state is making for itself. then again, they only recently easened up their immigration laws, that were (and still are, though on a lesser scale), discriminative towards disabled ppl. so no paradise ^^ and all we can do, is make whatever little moves we can to make things just a little bit better. every drop in a sea...

My only problem with Canada is their weird law that basically allows people under 18 to get away with murder (literally). The governmemt even pays for their college and provides them with a new identity after they get released for serving less than 10 years.

Like, wow. I guess if I ever move to Canada I better hope somebody I love doesn't get brutally murdered by a psychopath teenager. :lol:

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:47 pm

well if u dont want to live in a country, that is considered world's bully, canada seems to be the choice ^^
(if ofc u qualify. i know i dont xd)

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:50 pm

serpentari wrote:
well if u dont want to live in a country, that is considered world's bully, canada seems to be the choice ^^
(if ofc u qualify. i know i dont xd)

Lol I probably don't either. I don't even own a passport and I have no job skills so what use would I be to them?

As I've said before I'm pretty much stuck in the US. :lol:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:56 pm

I could attempt to sneak into the country illegally, but the irony of that would be too much for me. :lol:

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 1:13 pm

still beats being stuck in many other countries ^^

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 1:15 pm

serpentari wrote:
still beats being stuck in many other countries ^^

True, I could be in one of those countries that canes homosexuals like in Indonesia. :lol:

Or worse... :|

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 1:24 pm

yes, there are many places worse than urs, and then than mine. if u take in all the suffering, that happens across the world, u will lose ur mind. nobody can manage that. and also wont benefit those people. doing something, anything, to help those u contact with, according to ur resources, in a way that wouldnt put too much strain on urself, is just as much as a person can do. every drop in the sea...

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 1:27 pm

serpentari wrote:
yes, there are many places worse than urs, and then than mine. if u take in all the suffering, that happens across the world, u will lose ur mind. nobody can manage that. and also wont benefit those people. doing something, anything, to help those u contact with, according to ur resources, in a way that wouldnt put too much strain on urself, is just as much as a person can do. every drop in the sea...

You're right. :)

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 1:37 pm

i know that, twiz)))
(what a smug b***h she is!) xD

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 1:42 pm

serpentari wrote:
i know that, twiz)))
(what a smug b***h she is!) xD

Lol you're actually very nice (to me at least). I've met some true B's in my life, and I myself learned a thing or two from the best one (my mom). :lol: :P

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 1:44 pm