Will I go to hell for practicing witch craft?

Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 10:15 am

Sarah, in my world view, which differs from other commenters' world view, there is no Heaven, no Hell, no psychics, and Karma actually manifests itself within the current lifespan - like, never mind being reborn as a cockroach - if you are mean to people in your current life, voila, other people will be mean to you.

I do think you need to be aware there is something about your mind which lends itself to magical beliefs, and keep in contact with your psychiatrist about what your recent preoccupations are. It would not hurt you to remember that your "reality testing" is not what other people's is, and consult with trusted others before you make any large decisions.

The biggest problem with all this is it could lead you into bad situations. Be careful.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 10:45 am

Sarahsmith wrote:
I have bad karma because I accidently got someone killed in a past life by giving them drugs. So I read a little about the occult once. I was angry at the world and wanted it to flood. I didnt want anyone to get hurt just wanted major flooding. So I cast a spell. Not long after my boyfriend said somewhere accross the globe there was biblical flooding. Many people died. If my karma was bad for accidently getting someone killed how bad is it going to be if all these people died because I was practicing witchcraft? Am I going to hell?

You're confusing correlation with causation. The flood correlated with the spell you cast, but that doesn't mean your spell caused the flood.

I'm sure there's been many times someone wished someone else would die, and that person did in fact die shortly after. But that was most likely just a coincidence.

Also if witchcraft had that kind of power, those who practice witchcraft would rule the world. Provided they hadn't destroyed it in the process.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 10:52 am

You only, ONLY end up in Hell as long as you have deliberately done severe wrongdoings and felt no remorse for them. Doing witchcraft for the right reasons, well.... as long as you're not a Satanist, then it doesn't matter.

For some reason, people have viewed firearms and explosives a "evil" just as much as how people viewed magic and witchcraft as "evil", but, really, they're tools, for crying out loud! :roll:

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 12:16 pm

You didn't cause a flood, "witchcraft" is just a hobby, you're not going to hell.

There's no need to torture yourself, the world is nasty enough as it is.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 1:39 pm

There were other times I though I was being smart like this and later concluded I was in the wrong. Hopefully Im just kind of dumb.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 1:45 pm

I think my meds are working because I used to think I could communicate with people through youtube, through space and time. I used to think a lot of weird things that I dont anymore. Also Im not manic anymore.

The thing that sucks is I cant cry unless I watch a sad film. I used to be able to cry at the drop of a hat, when I wasnt on antipsychotics.

I know I sound nuts. But life has been so difficult that it just seems like something isnt right.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 7:43 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
I think my meds are working because I used to think I could communicate with people through youtube, through space and time. I used to think a lot of weird things that I dont anymore. Also Im not manic anymore.

The thing that sucks is I cant cry unless I watch a sad film. I used to be able to cry at the drop of a hat, when I wasnt on antipsychotics.

I know I sound nuts. But life has been so difficult that it just seems like something isnt right.

You don't sound that crazy, more like you're in a phase of figuring out what you even believe in. I mean plenty of people are openly christian and don't have their sanity questioned. A person can have spiritual beliefs/ideas and still live a rational life so I certainly don't think, thinking about that stuff means your meds aren't working or anything like that.

That said spiritual beliefs that involve you blaming yourself for a flood because you wished the world would flood, probably aren't healthy because no one has that much control over the world. Or feeling guilt about a past life, I mean if that's a real thing then all you can do about it is try to live a better life this time right?

I myself am thinking there probably isn't an afterlife and so dwelling on death and there being nothing after that certainly doesn't help anything. If that is the case I might as well try to get as much as I can out of life before that happens.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:25 pm

Thats what I was thinking. Why cant I just be a person with strange beliefs. I guess thinking I started a flood with my mind does sound a bit paranoid. Just thought it was too much of a coincidence that it happend right after I was thinking about it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 11:55 pm

I remember once when watching kids shooting hoops at school, thinking I could control the basketball with my mind. It was pretty convincing because the ball did and did not go though the hoop in correlation to my thoughts. To this day if something is starting to fall over or roll off a table, I'll mentally command it to stop and it often does.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 11:58 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Thats what I was thinking. Why cant I just be a person with strange beliefs. I guess thinking I started a flood with my mind does sound a bit paranoid. Just thought it was too much of a coincidence that it happend right after I was thinking about it.

I think having strange beliefs is perfectly fine as long as they don't cause problems for you.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Apr 2019, 1:54 am

EzraS wrote:
Sarahsmith wrote:

I think having strange beliefs is perfectly fine as long as they don't cause problems for you.

I think this is very wise.
Anxiety and guilt over things totally outside of your control are problems when they are this big.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 9:54 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Thats what I was thinking. Why cant I just be a person with strange beliefs.

All religious/spiritual beliefs can sound strange or downright nuts depending on how you word them. Most of them tend to overlap or straight up took things from older belief systems, rebranded them and put them in their newer one. So I don't really find you 'mixing' beliefs all that strange. Believe what feels right to you.

Quote:
I guess thinking I started a flood with my mind does sound a bit paranoid. Just thought it was too much of a coincidence that it happend right after I was thinking about it.

You're applying chaos theory...or the butterfly effect (a phenomenon when a small localized change in a complex system can have a large effect somewhere else) to yourself. But it doesn't apply when what the small thing that happened was your thought. We puny humans - whether psychic abilities are real or not, are not quite so powerful. I do believe there can be power in our thoughts but it's by no means that direct or strong. The power in our thoughts is far more about ruling ourselves.

Going back to your original post, this is actually not a question that other's can answer. We can give you answers from our perspective - as I did in my earlier post but you're the one that has to figure out what you think witch craft is and by the means you used it. If you believe in hell and you believe used an 'evil' craft then, it would make sense that you may go to hell for it.

Edit: Also in response to some other posts: one can be a witch and not be wiccan. One can also be a Christian witch. And most faiths/spirituality have some form/idea of karma in them. The three fold rule would be the most well known witch version

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 10:25 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Am I going to hell?

hell no! :twisted:

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 10:06 am

Alterity wrote:
Sarahsmith wrote:
Thats what I was thinking. Why cant I just be a person with strange beliefs.

All religious/spiritual beliefs can sound strange or downright nuts depending on how you word them. Most of them tend to overlap or straight up took things from older belief systems, rebranded them and put them in their newer one. So I don't really find you 'mixing' beliefs all that strange. Believe what feels right to you.

Quote:
I guess thinking I started a flood with my mind does sound a bit paranoid. Just thought it was too much of a coincidence that it happend right after I was thinking about it.

You're applying chaos theory...or the butterfly effect (a phenomenon when a small localized change in a complex system can have a large effect somewhere else) to yourself. But it doesn't apply when what the small thing that happened was your thought. We puny humans - whether psychic abilities are real or not, are not quite so powerful. I do believe there can be power in our thoughts but it's by no means that direct or strong. The power in our thoughts is far more about ruling ourselves.

Going back to your original post, this is actually not a question that other's can answer. We can give you answers from our perspective - as I did in my earlier post but you're the one that has to figure out what you think witch craft is and by the means you used it. If you believe in hell and you believe used an 'evil' craft then, it would make sense that you may go to hell for it.

Edit: Also in response to some other posts: one can be a witch and not be wiccan. One can also be a Christian witch. And most faiths/spirituality have some form/idea of karma in them. The three fold rule would be the most well known witch version

I think it was black magic. But I never wanted anyone to get hurt from it. I wasnt even sure if it would work. I wish I could talk to this with my mom. But she might think Im going crazy again.
Didnt really think things through.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Apr 2019, 10:39 am

Sarahsmith wrote:
I think it was black magic. But I never wanted anyone to get hurt from it. I wasnt even sure if it would work. I wish I could talk to this with my mom. But she might think Im going crazy again.
Didnt really think things through.

As I previously stated, I don't believe your spell caused the flood.
Even if it did - the best thing you can do now is to learn on your mistakes and think things through before taking action.
We all make mistakes and we all sometimes unintentionally harm others. The best thing to do about it is learn to avoid repeating our mistakes.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 11:08 am

Can you cast a spell that doubles my money?