Will I go to hell for practicing witch craft?

Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 4:04 pm

Ouch.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 4:54 pm

Hate to say it, but if the Bible is anything to go by, you're probably going to Hell for even practicing witchcraft, never mind killing people in the process. That being said, who's to say if things like God, heaven, hell, and magic even exist? Your witchcraft may not have impacted anything, and there may not be a God to judge you or a Hell for you to go to when you die. Nobody truly has all the answers, all a person can do is speculate.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 5:16 pm

Not only are being grandiose (thinking that you're so darned important that you could cause a flood in Bangladesh or wherever it was), and have magical thinking, but you cant even make up your mind which religion you're going by.

You practice wicca, and are worried about BOTH Heaven vs Hell (Christianity), AND "bad karma" ( a belief from the Hindu/Buddhist tradtions of India.

So ...make up your mind! Are you Wiccan, Hindu, or Christian (so you know which deity is gonna kick your ass, and for what). Lol!

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 5:29 pm

I dont really follow any religion. I should have just said will I get more bad karma insteadof hell. I dont go by any religion but I just think that there may be karma and past lives based on my experiences.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 6:36 pm

I don't know about going to hell for practicing witchcraft, but I'd imagine you might end up going to a psychiatric institution if you don't stop taking whatever drugs you're taking.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 6:44 pm

My base answer is, don't worry about it.

More expansive in going along with your ideas:

Witchcraft in itself is not evil or bad unless you subscribe to a Religion that dictates it is. Practicing witchcraft does not send someone to hell/create bad Karma. Its about the intent one has when practicing. Sending a flood to plague people, would be negative intent - therefore that negative energy would come back to you - or amass bad karma as you are believing.

However, if this was done in a past life, its not going to add to your current karma level or send you to hell after this life time. If you were going to go to hell for something, you would have already gone at the end of that life time. The law of karma is a bit tricker, because different religions and cultures have different 'laws' about it. If we're taking for the believed origin - then the bad karma you amassed would have made it so the following lives you would have been a grasshopper or something like that until you burned off the bad karma. So being that you are human, you can rest assured that the bad karma from your former life has probably been absolved.

I'm not a spiritual expert so there's probably lots of other variables and so fourth, but I still would not be fretting about what you did or did not do in a former life. I would be more concerned about other things...

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
I don't know about going to hell for practicing witchcraft, but I'd imagine you might end up going to a psychiatric institution if you don't stop taking whatever drugs you're taking.

I know I sound a bit nuts. But other people believe in the spiritual world so I was hoping to get their input. Again, I practiced witchcraft in this lifetime, so Im worried about the next.

I am currently on antipsychotics.

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2019, 8:00 pm

Sarah: Being a wicca (as you're saying you are) is a religion unto itself. I don't know if you consider yourself Christian (or one of the other faiths that worships that god, and remember there are lots of others gods and goddesses in other religions), but it seems to my untrained eyes that you might consider following the ethics of the religion you're already practicing: Wicca. As far as I know, there's no such thing as the heaven and hell in Abrahamic and some pre-Christian European religions in Wicca. So what are you worried about? If you wanna do Wicca and coincidentally some random disaster happens or some unlucky schmuck has some misfortune or other, how are you responsible for that? If you wanna believe in karma, maybe s/he had it coming to them b/c theirs was bad, there's really no way you'll ever know.

In short, if you like living the Wicca life, then do it and don't worry about what happens to other people and/or about the silly consequences that some other religion dogmatically claims you're sinning by doing. B/c you're not.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 9:10 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:

I am currently on antipsychotics.

Then maybe you need to up your dosage.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 10:49 pm

I would say your meds are not working.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 11:14 pm

Witches and witchcraft isn't real, except in fairy tales and movies. I'm supposedly going to hell just for impersonating a witch at Halloween, believing in evolution and that the world is millions of years old, and being left-handed, but I don't care. :twisted:

enz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 11:47 pm

:lol:

enz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 11:51 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Witches and witchcraft isn't real, except in fairy tales and movies. I'm supposedly going to hell just for impersonating a witch at Halloween, believing in evolution and that the world is millions of years old, and being left-handed, but I don't care. :twisted:

actually there are two creation stories in the bible I think they contradict each other can't remember. and one of them was originally a rhyming poem meaning old earth doesn't have to conflict with the bible.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 12:14 am

quote="naturalplastic"]Not only are being grandiose (thinking that you're so darned important that you could cause a flood in Bangladesh or wherever it was), and have magical thinking, but you cant even make up your mind which religion you're going by.

You practice wicca, and are worried about BOTH Heaven vs Hell (Christianity), AND "bad karma" ( a belief from the Hindu/Buddhist tradtions of India.

So ...make up your mind! Are you Wiccan, Hindu, or Christian (so you know which deity is gonna kick your ass, and for what). Lol![/quote]
Basically this. It's so self-important to think that you have powers or whatever, can talk to the dead and all the rest of it, remember your past life somehow and yet you're on antipsychotics. Like I'm sorry but if you've been put on antipsychotics, there's a reason for it, and as such your perception of reality is less trust-worthy, particularly when you're talking this sort of nonsense.

OP, you're all over the place here. Apparently you're a psychic and a witch who not only knows who you were in a past life, but can identify other people from your past life in the present, apparently you're a practicing Wicca who believes in the Christian concept of hell, the Hindu concept of karma and the Buddhist concept of hell being this plane of existence.

At least pick your brand of crazy.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 10:15 am

Sarah, in my world view, which differs from other commenters' world view, there is no Heaven, no Hell, no psychics, and Karma actually manifests itself within the current lifespan - like, never mind being reborn as a cockroach - if you are mean to people in your current life, voila, other people will be mean to you.

I do think you need to be aware there is something about your mind which lends itself to magical beliefs, and keep in contact with your psychiatrist about what your recent preoccupations are. It would not hurt you to remember that your "reality testing" is not what other people's is, and consult with trusted others before you make any large decisions.

The biggest problem with all this is it could lead you into bad situations. Be careful.