Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 12:44 pm

I've been holding up for a while, but today I'm admitting to myself that I'm exhausted. I really wish life could be easy just for a short time. I'm really not asking for a lot. Just a little bit of normal life.

On top of it all I have to deal with idiots who think it's an unfortunate feature of my autism that I'm affected by death and illness among friends and family. This year was really too much, and anyone neurotypical would find this hard. Yet it's taken as proof that I'm incapable. Un-bloody-believable. Said people would buckle if they had to live an autistic life./end rant.

Anybody have tea and sympathy? Just for tonight.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:07 pm

here is some tea, sympathy comes by default. i have tough life too.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:48 pm

Thank you. I appreciate it a lot to know that I'm not alone.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:52 pm

no, u are not. and u are welcome.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 2:22 pm

Sympathetic words don't come easily to me; but I've been told many times that I make a very nice cup of tea! You're welcome to join me for a brew.

FWIW, I think you're right. When people know we're autistic, they can be very quick to read it into our reactions to things which they would struggle with too. If there's a difference, it's often just that life is more exhausting in general when you're a square peg constantly being forced into a round hole, which can sometimes exaggerate the impact of unfortunate events. But that doesn't detract from the need to mourn or grieve just as they surely would.

Seek out every opportunity for a little hibernation that you can. Best wishes.

SecretOpossumCabal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2019, 2:50 pm

Make sure you are getting adequate sleep, as I find that the moments that I can't bear are the moments where I'm sleep deprived. Good rest gives me a massive amount of patience and endurance, from that point on, I try to reinforce the fact that people are flawed and we're dealing with a fallen world, so with patience, sleep, and low expectations in mind, you end up safe-guarding yourself from frustration. So instead of constantly reacting to outward thigns you become more laser-confused on inner goals. So when the world shoots barbs at you they wash off like water off a raincoat.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 4:38 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
Sympathetic words don't come easily to me; but I've been told many times that I make a very nice cup of tea! You're welcome to join me for a brew.

FWIW, I think you're right. When people know we're autistic, they can be very quick to read it into our reactions to things which they would struggle with too. If there's a difference, it's often just that life is more exhausting in general when you're a square peg constantly being forced into a round hole, which can sometimes exaggerate the impact of unfortunate events. But that doesn't detract from the need to mourn or grieve just as they surely would.

Seek out every opportunity for a little hibernation that you can. Best wishes.

Yeah. They get to cry and have everyone make a fuss. I forget how before I started primary school.

Thank you for your kind words. And for the tea!

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 4:42 pm

SecretOpossumCabal wrote:
Make sure you are getting adequate sleep, as I find that the moments that I can't bear are the moments where I'm sleep deprived. Good rest gives me a massive amount of patience and endurance, from that point on, I try to reinforce the fact that people are flawed and we're dealing with a fallen world, so with patience, sleep, and low expectations in mind, you end up safe-guarding yourself from frustration. So instead of constantly reacting to outward thigns you become more laser-confused on inner goals. So when the world shoots barbs at you they wash off like water off a raincoat.

Thank you. The unfortunate thing is that I suffer from insomnia. I would have joined serpentari and cberg in the great big insomnia thread, but I was too tired :lol:

It's a bit better now though.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 5:04 pm

ya we also are so tired the thread happens to be discontinued now xD

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 5:20 pm

What's with all this funny tea? Serpentari offered you some posh tea , Trog probably gave you Yorkshire tea .

Have a proper cuppa made with PG Tips Pyramid Tea Bags in a chipped mug , it looks a bit strong to me but it should do the job :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 9:27 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
What's with all this funny tea? Serpentari offered you some posh tea , Trog probably gave you Yorkshire tea .

Have a proper cuppa made with PG Tips Pyramid Tea Bags in a chipped mug , it looks a bit strong to me but it should do the job :lol:

Well thank you, it's an excellent tea for the job. :D