I had a emotional scare today

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2019, 1:10 am

Every Sunday, Me and my family eat domino's pizza and I was going to go to Dominos to get the pizza as usually. My sister decided she wanted to drive this time (she did this a few times before). She waited in the car as I went inside to get the pizza but it wasn't already even though the app said it did so I sat and waited. There was this small screen next to me with names of people who ordered a pizza and when I looked at it. I saw the name of one of my bullies from middle school and high school. I always had this fear of being in public with my family and a bully sees us (I live in a small town) this is a fear because I don't want a bully to be able to recognize their faces and I don't want any female family members to think he is cute. I didn't saw the bully because his name was pretty down the list but it did take me out of reality for a moment. Is this fear silly? probably but I can't shake this fear.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 6:38 am

The bullies won’t come after you; they probably don’t even know you’re nearby. They might not even remember you at all.

At worst, they probably know that doing what they did in middle school might get them arrested as adults.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 7:19 am

Was it the bully's first name and last name on the pizza order?

If not, how do you know it was the bully and not just someone who shared a first name or last name?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 11:53 am

I feel vulnerable when alone in my hometown because there are a lot of horrible chavvy girls that are high on drugs and could cause trouble. I knew them at school and they still know who I am because it's a small town and they know people who I know. I don't trust drug-addicts with aggressive body language, because usually they're looking for trouble (these people are known to have caused trouble before, especially when drunk). I fear confrontation, which probably makes me sound weak and wimpy. Maybe I am weak and wimpy.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 12:14 pm

I can comment here about this as it surprized me. It was one of the roughians from school who was genuinely pleased to see me and gave me such a welcome when I saw him. It was 20 years later though. As people grow up, they often mature and end up very different people.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 1:33 pm

That's true, Mountain Goat. They often do.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 5:02 pm

Pizza delivery

:mrgreen:

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2019, 11:31 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Was it the bully's first name and last name on the pizza order?

If not,how do you know it was the bully and not just someone who shared a first name or last name?

Good point, I didn't think about that (yes the name was the same)

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2019, 11:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The bullies won’t come after you; they probably don’t even know you’re nearby. They might not even remember you at all.

At worst, they probably know that doing what they did in middle school might get them arrested as adults.

I saw each one over the past year or two and they all remember me. It has only been 3 years since High School but them coming after me isn't what scares, as I stated in my post. It's the uncomfortableness of me being with love ones and they being there is what scares me

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 5:51 am

Just canoodle with your “loved one” if the bullies “show up” (though they probably won’t).

Assert your rights as a person in love. Most likely, they will respect that you two are lovers (especially since they probably have girlfriends, too).

Let bygones be bygones, and move on from the bullying. You deserve happiness.

If they assault you, call the cops. If they insult you, just ignore them.

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2019, 1:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Just canoodle with your “loved one” if the bullies “show up” (though they probably won’t).

Assert your rights as a person in love. Most likely, they will respect that you two are lovers (especially since they probably have girlfriends, too).

Let bygones be bygones, and move on from the bullying. You deserve happiness.

If they assault you, call the cops. If they insult you, just ignore them.

I don't think you understand my post. I didn't mention assault, I didn't mention a girlfriend (I don't have one), I didn't mention holding angry against them. I just don't want to see them in public if I am with family because that would make me feel very uncomfortable.