Wanted to see 3Teeth but bad events in Austin made me leave

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 11:49 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Sorry to read about this mess you had in Austin. It is not your fault this happened.

It really reflected some bad things about the current state of society.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 2:04 pm

I am surprised Sweetleaf hasn’t commented. Not that I don’t want her to, just surprised since she is familiar with 3Teeth. I don’t know if I can listen to them anymore, though.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 3:53 am

Marknis wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
Marknis wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Sorry to hear about all that. Sucks you didn't get too the concert after driving all that way.

I drove up to Temple from Taylor a couple of months ago on my way back to Illinois after visiting friends.

I wanted to hear some music I wish I could experience more instead of the boring country music that the people in my area drool over as well as give the middle finger to my stepfather’s worldview.

Did you stop in it or did you keep going?

I'm curious of what "boring country music"is like. Exambles?

I generally find country music to be boring so I meant it as an adjective instead of a noun but I can give you a glaring example of why I can’t stand modern pop country music:

Yeah that one's pretty bad, but I highly doubt all the songs they like are like that. And even if they were then is it really such a big deal? People with different tastes in music can get along as long as both sides respect the other's right to listen to what they like... but I suppose that's the problem here? They don't want you to listen to the music you like, right? People who try to control what music others listen to are a waste of time, save for those who try to get rid of music that is obviously offending to certain groups (homosexuals, some race, women etc.)

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 5:54 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
Marknis wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Sorry to hear about all that. Sucks you didn't get too the concert after driving all that way.

I drove up to Temple from Taylor a couple of months ago on my way back to Illinois after visiting friends.

I wanted to hear some music I wish I could experience more instead of the boring country music that the people in my area drool over as well as give the middle finger to my stepfather’s worldview.

Did you stop in it or did you keep going?

I'm curious of what "boring country music"is like. Exambles?

I generally find country music to be boring so I meant it as an adjective instead of a noun but I can give you a glaring example of why I can’t stand modern pop country music:

Yeah that one's pretty bad, but I highly doubt all the songs they like are like that. And even if they were then is it really such a big deal? People with different tastes in music can get along as long as both sides respect the other's right to listen to what they like... but I suppose that's the problem here? They don't want you to listen to the music you like, right? People who try to control what music others listen to are a waste of time, save for those who try to get rid of music that is obviously offending to certain groups (homosexuals, some race, women etc.)

I actually like songs like this:

If all modern country music sounded like this, I would be a fan (Not how the Swans usually sound. This was a detour stylistically for them):

I was definitely given flack by others at school for my music tastes, Sunday school teachers and even a private tutor discouraged me from liking rock music unless it was Contemporary Christian rock, my father didn’t like the music I listened to and not only played the music he wished I liked instead but took me to a music performance only he had interest in on my birthday, my mother sometimes tells me to not go to see the bands I like because they are “too loud” and will “damage your (mine) hearing”, and my stepfather constantly shoves country music as well as his love of Oklahoma City’s music scene (Which isn’t even in the top ten) down my throat.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 7:53 am

Very sorry to hear about your difficulties in Austin.

How often have you gone to Austin for other kinds of events in the past?

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 2:19 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Very sorry to hear about your difficulties in Austin.

How often have you gone to Austin for other kinds of events in the past?

I would say a lot for the last 13 years of my life although there was a hiatus from going to music shows starting in 2009 and ending in 2013 and I used to be too anxious to drive by myself until 2016.