Page 4 of 17 [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

EDGAR_54
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Aug 2019, 4:16 am

EzraS wrote:
EDGAR_54 wrote:
Whoops! Sorry! I haven't figured out the quote function, yet.

You click the button that says "quote".

Thanks! Awesome, hopefully it worked properly this time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 4:56 am

Ezra’s not saying you should be locked away.

He’s saying that you’re smarter than you think you are.

Can’t one of your buddies in the shelter help you? I bet you’ve met some decent people there. Not all shelter residents are total crazy asswipes.

EDGAR_54
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Aug 2019, 5:18 am

I don't read anywhere, where anyone has actually said that they want to see you locked away.

We are pointing out your capabilities.

Most of the folks on here have a lot of their own challenges, and don't have the means or the time to tutor you in person. (I am trying to "read between your lines", that seems to be what you are asking of us on here?)

A lot of kind folk have given a lot of helpful advice.
Some of us, like myself, are just self taught -learn as you go.

Last week I watched a movie from the library, "A Street Cat Named Bob" it's an incredible true story about a formally homeless man, in the UK.

Anyway, I wish you well ASS-P. We are just trying to help, in the limited way we're able to.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 5:23 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Ezra’s not saying you should be locked away.

Can’t one of your buddies in the shelter help you? I bet you’ve met some decent people there. Not all shelter residents are total crazy asswipes.

I think if all he writes about himself is true he is not able to take care of himself and should have been in a care facility a long time ago.

Keep in mind I am saying this as someone who can not take care of himself and will be living in a care facility.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 5:48 am

EDGAR_54 wrote:
I don't read anywhere, where anyone has actually said that they want to see you locked away.

Most of the folks on here have a lot of their own challenges, and don't have the means or the time to tutor you in person. (I am trying to "read between your lines", that seems to be what you are asking of us on here?)

Last week I watched a movie from the library, "A Street Cat Named Bob" it's an incredible true story about a formally homeless man, in the UK.

Anyway, I wish you well ASS-P. We are just trying to help, in the limited way we're able to.

...If I didn't spell this out. I don't imagine I can likely get help in I.prkving my computer skills from anyone here
I don't see it as likely that I would get physical help from a WL person
..I would like help :( . If I had a " xtabler " situation, perhaps I could advertise on Craigslist for it :| . O STILL don't agree with Exra's " If you haven't figured out computers enough by now. you should be locked away forever! " :cry: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 6:44 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Actually it is more like I suspect he is more clever and more capable than he presents himself to be.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 6:52 am

ASS-P wrote:
EDGAR_54 wrote:

...If I didn't spell this out. I don't imagine I can likely get help in I.prkving my computer skills from anyone here
..I would like help :( . If I had a " xtabler " situation, perhaps I could advertise on Craigslist for it :| . O STILL don't agree with Exra's " If you haven't figured out computers enough by now. you should be locked away forever! " :cry: .

It is more like all your lifestyle health problems and being out on the street as you describe, means you can not take proper care of yourself. Also you yourself are the one who basically said you need hands on significant support.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 7:10 pm

ASS-P wrote:
EDGAR_54 wrote:

Please don't apply on Craig's List for anything. That's a good way to get murdered. Consult an agency...

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 7:49 pm

ASS-P wrote:

...This very low-end phone doesn't let you go back and forth between screens.....:(

What make of phone do you have? The internet browser on the phones I’ve had let you have more than one screen open at a time - they just cover each other up until you press in the corner of the screen. You might have a lot open and not realize it!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 12:00 am

...I lost a draft :cry: - here in this mass shrlter. with a cheap phone that eon'g6 stay, balanced. bad eyes and beat-up non-pescription glasses :cry: .
Didn't someone help me to.impro e .y computer skills beyond super-minimal posting :cry: ? Something beyond " It's too late for you!! ! Go swsy and leave us alone!! !! Just watch a video (which I don't really have the basic knowledge to work.off of - or the equipment. or space/opportunity to do that)! !! " One more thing I'll never have/experience/have taken away from .e in this crappy life I got :cry: .
I positivelyy BEG to be " taught to.fish." - Wbat I'm.supposedly supposed to want!! - and people say " Go.away :evil: ! " :( . Or. they say absurd BS about " Oh, you don't need to know anything else " :twisted: that I suppose is meant to.make me feel better :( ' It just isn't.true :( . I wasn't"t asking for money of gifts just KNOWLEDGE. :(

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 12:45 am

Did you make it to Santa Cruz?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 1:47 am

...Yes, I did, thank.you

I am now in.the same shelter situation I was in.last. It's decent as a facility, but it just foesn't allow me enough rest :( , and I'm having to.walk around all day again, especially exhausting myself now with a heavy duffle bag :( . The hospital treated me, but was - briefly n-- inefficient;bureaucratic involving my pills - I have none now :| - and was not offering much/" oh. it's chronic ". regarding my illnesses/declining health :( .

EDGAR_54
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Sep 2019, 6:52 am

Will these contacts be helpful?
I hope you fare better in Santa Cruz.

Shelter Information and Referral Hotline
(831) 457-0511

This hotline refers people to shelters, medical treatment, and food. The hotline has the most current resources for homeless services. Voice mail is available to clients (as part of the Community Action Board).

Shelter Project
501 Soquel Ave., #E, Santa Cruz, CA 95062 (831) 457-1741

This program provides vouchers to homeless persons with medical needs allowing them to stay in motels and provides emergency short-term rent assistance to avoid eviction (as part of the Community Action Board).

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 7:57 am

EDGAR_54 wrote:
Will these contacts be helpful?
I hope you fare better in Santa Cruz.

Shelter Information and Referral Hotline
(831) 457-0511

This hotline refers people to shelters, medical treatment, and food. The hotline has the most current resources for homeless services. Voice mail is available to clients (as part of the Community Action Board).

Shelter Project
501 Soquel Ave., #E, Santa Cruz, CA 95062 (831) 457-1741

This program provides vouchers to homeless persons with medical needs allowing them to stay in motels and provides emergency short-term rent assistance to avoid eviction (as part of the Community Action Board).

...Thank you, though zi don't know whether I can do anything with those. I am exploring tjongs.
To-day, I'm going to spent lots of money on taxis so I can get this ultra-heavy duffle bag in my storage place - There's no bud to there weekends

I may spend money on another heavy backpack after all - it may be less bad for my back then lifting up Goodwill/Walgreens"/Target bzgs with my stuff - Or maybe I'm trying to tell myself I csn " still " be romantically Jack Kerouac/Woody Hithroe hpmrleds. I can " still " ramble around and play my harmonica. so to speak :( .

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 8:16 am

ASS-P wrote:
...I lost a draft :cry: - here in this mass shrlter. with a cheap phone that eon'g6 stay, balanced. bad eyes and beat-up non-pescription glasses :cry: .
Didn't someone help me to.impro e .y computer skills beyond super-minimal posting :cry: ? Something beyond " It's too late for you!! ! Go swsy and leave us alone!! ! ! Just watch a video (which I don't really have the basic knowledge to work.off of - or the equipment. or space/opportunity to do that)! ! ! " One more thing I'll never have/experience/have taken away from .e in this crappy life I got :cry: .
I positivelyy BEG to be " taught to.fish." - Wbat I'm.supposedly supposed to want!! - and people say " Go.away :evil: ! " :( . Or. they say absurd BS about " Oh, you don't need to know anything else " :twisted: that I suppose is meant to.make me feel better :( ' It just isn't.true :( . I wasn't"t asking for money of gifts just KNOWLEDGE. :(

Just as a reminder computer lessons are free at any public library.

Santa Cruz Public Library: Tech Tutoring

"Sometimes one-on-one help is what you need.

Meet with a tech savvy librarian to ask your tech questions. This is your opportunity to find answers and learn about a wide variety of things, like how to download library ebooks or watch movies on your tablet.
"

https://www.santacruzpl.org/digitallear ... h-tutoring

^ You .................^ Librarian

This has been readily and freely available to you for years, perhaps decades.

Or does it have to be someone from WP who should travel to Sana Cruz?

What exactly are you fishing for?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2019, 11:48 am

ASS-P wrote:
Didn't someone help me to.impro e .y computer skills beyond super-minimal posting :cry: ? Something beyond " It's too late for you!! ! Go swsy and leave us alone!! ! ! Just watch a video (which I don't really have the basic knowledge to work.off of - or the equipment. or space/opportunity to do that)! ! ! " One more thing I'll never have/experience/have taken away from .e in this crappy life I got :cry: .

You would probably need to find some resource in your area that helps people with computer skills. Libraries do offer classes so that is an option or maybe there is some program in your area focused on helping homeless people with skills. But you'd have to look into it.

Its kind of a hands on sort of thing, so it would be very hard for anyone to teach someone computer skills over a text forum like this.