Page 2 of 17 [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 5:40 am

Money was not the issue. You had windfall money from the NYC lawyer at the time.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 3:20 pm

...No, it was after the windfall money turned up. .mzny months post-my.brother's death :(
- which was in July-August 2017 :| - that the ability to set up and work with a storage unit manifested itself! You really seem a
maybe a little obsessed with me :wink: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 7:55 pm

ASS-P wrote:
EzraS wrote:
All I can tell you is that no one has ever sat down next to me and given me step by step instructions on how to internet and I have never been in a computer class.

Like I said, no one on WP is going to offer to travel to San Francisco or Santa Cruz to be your tutor.

You said you were too aspie and too crippled to set up a storage unit or to be able to get to it.

You tell us you are too aspie and crippled to even make a "stinky dinky dee" phone call to get your "TLPOP". So some sucker finally caved in to your incessant pleading did it for you, and it ended up being a total waste of his time.

...Yes, I did have bad experiences in the past as far as the TLPOP. He did give me a number. but when, kind of concentrating on the motel/money, I think, and drmi-having pit the college dream.on the back burner :| - and having done a first draft of a letter which wasn't sent, some time had passed and as I'd misplaced the address and I thou8ght there might be a new person there (and I'd delayed sending it when it was summer), as I asked him for the address again but he said so think he couldn't find it :( .
I GOT SUFFICIENT MONEY TO (eventually - It can take a while for me to do things) GET THE UNIT AND GET THERE! I didn't HAVE IT BEFORE! :x

There is no shame in not having a college degree. My husband did not even graduate H.S. and went on to have a successful career as an elevator mechanic. I have a college degree and my husband makes more money than I could ever make. We focus too much on pieces of paper. They are nice to have and in some instances can be used to always get a job. But, motivation is the primary ingredient in success. Even in college, the number one predictor of success was simply showing up for classes, not rocket science level intelligence.

For what it's worth, I am going to watch the video Ezra posted. I have yet to figure out how to put up a link here, or even a picture. I can do it on FB, Twitter, etc... But, I'm having a harder time learning how to on WP.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 8:22 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
EzraS wrote:
All I can tell you is that no one has ever sat down next to me and given me step by step instructions on how to internet and I have never been in a computer class.

Like I said, no one on WP is going to offer to travel to San Francisco or Santa Cruz to be your tutor.

You said you were too aspie and too crippled to set up a storage unit or to be able to get to it.

You tell us you are too aspie and crippled to even make a "stinky dinky dee" phone call to get your "TLPOP". So some sucker finally caved in to your incessant pleading did it for you, and it ended up being a total waste of his time.

...Yes, I did have bad experiences in the past as far as the TLPOP. He did give me a number. but when, kind of concentrating on the motel/money, I think, and drmi-having pit the college dream.on the back burner :| - and having done a first draft of a letter which wasn't sent, some time had passed and as I'd misplaced the address and I thou8ght there might be a new person there (and I'd delayed sending it when it was summer), as I asked him for the address again but he said so think he couldn't find it :( .
I GOT SUFFICIENT MONEY TO (eventually - It can take a while for me to do things) GET THE UNIT AND GET THERE! I didn't HAVE IT BEFORE! :x

There is no shame in not having a college degree. My husband did not even graduate H.S. and went on to have a successful career as an elevator mechanic. I have a college degree and my husband makes more money than I could ever make. We focus too much on pieces of paper. They are nice to have and in some instances can be used to always get a job. But, motivation is the primary ingredient in success. Even in college, the number one predictor of success was simply showing up for classes, not rocket science level intelligence.

For what it's worth, I am going to watch the video Ezra posted. I have yet to figure out how to put up a link here, or even a picture. I can do it on FB, Twitter, etc... But, I'm having a harder time learning how to on WP.

He wants or wanted to have "the college experience" which he describes as a type of Xanadu. The extreme hard work factor to achieve a degree to obtain a career is not really part of the equation. Just the romanticized aspects of campus life.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 8:28 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...No, it was after the windfall money turned up. .mzny months post-my.brother's death :(
- which was in July-August 2017 :| - that the ability to set up and work with a storage unit manifested itself! You really seem a
maybe a little obsessed with me :wink: .

Suspicion does that I suppose.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 9:03 pm

...As I said above I believe, I've rather bavk'burnered the thought of going to uni, and that's maybe halfway or more to giving up the idea entirely. saying that it will never be, that it'd so.plg one more thing that life cheap t ed me out of :cry: - Foes that make you happy, some of you. that I'm bring so " grown-up " and " responsible " ad to day that :( ?
After all. ad I think I did say, I am kind of operating on the assumption that I may not have long to live and I'm sort of scrambling to get a room/place where I could at least have a comfy last few months going through those books. etc., that are in storage - Lowering my desires/expectations to that :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 9:58 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

In others words you do not have someone to sit down beside you and teach you everything.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 10:02 pm

....I am counting down to go to the ER for the night because J lost my shelter bed for the night because I was " late " checking in getting back :( . (I was no later/a little earlier than other times I went back, a staffed who was strict on me was on :( .) I've do a this before.
Howe we. maybe, conceivably. it could turn into the going.to Santa Cruz/Hollister I believe I mentioned ' Perhaps even with me abandoning everything I left at the shelter, including my prescription pills (I can get new ones there) 8) :P.
P e rsephone may not be e up there, but she PROBABLY DOES have so.e more up;backgroh x in other things - more than me :( .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 10:08 pm

It’s more difficult to post a picture than a YouTube video.

You have to write down the name of the picture—because it’s hard to memorize it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 10:26 pm

Try not to lose your prescription pills.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 11:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s more difficult to post a picture than a YouTube video.

You have to write down the name of the picture—because it’s hard to memorize it.

All you have to do is put the link in the box the same as a video. You do not have to write down the name of anything to post a video or picture.

The reason why what you posted did not come out is because is not the kind of link that works for posting a picture.

The little trick is to right click on it and select open image in a new tab. The new tab with just the image will have the type of link you need.

This link worked because it ends in .jpg
.jpg is like .com in an email address.

If you use the quote button on this post you will see the difference between the link you used and the one I used.

I have done that a lot to find out how to do stuff like changing the size or color of text.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 7:15 am

I don't care if you order me to have no help but a dry video, Ezrs! Beep ypu! :x

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 7:39 am

ASS-P wrote:
I don't care if you order me to have no help but a dry video, Ezrs! Beep ypu! :x

What exactly are expecting?

How do you know the video is “dry”? Did you watch it? I’m older than you. I’d easily swear on a Bible that I don’t know how to post a YouTube video. But if I wanted to learn, I would google the question and try it out. No one has shown me. Ezra is being honest with you I believe. If you want knowledge you have to go and get it yourself. Thanks to your phone you can get that knowledge without getting out of bed.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 12:02 pm

ASS-P wrote:

Nothing is ever good enough for you. You have spat in the face of so many people trying to help you countless times.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 12:07 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

How do you know the video is “dry”? Did you watch it? I’m older than you. I’d easily swear on a Bible that I don’t know how to post a YouTube video. But if I wanted to learn, I would google the question and try it out. No one has shown me. Ezra is being honest with you I believe. If you want knowledge you have to go and get it yourself. Thanks to your phone you can get that knowledge without getting out of bed.

Munchausen isn't about solutions.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2019, 3:39 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

...This very low-end phone doesn't let you go back and forth between screens :( . Furthermore, my lack of.a comfortable place to sit - with my hurting back :cry: - makes it not doable. I do 't ha e the basic clicking and dragging skills that you'd have to come to such a video with. I'd need someo e to show me basic " where you put your hands " skills - and answer liive questions. After that, perhaps I could work with just a video. I don't have the basic knowledge! :(