Why do these evil killers turn out to have autism?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 2:09 pm

The guy in “Life is Beautiful” did okay, ultimately.

What was sad, to me, was the story of the gay man who cracked all those German codes during WW II. He committed suicide because of the pressures bought about through his homosexuality.

Totally unfair. The man was a patriot through and through.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2019, 2:12 pm

Yes, Alan Turing is one of my heroes! Plus he was a fantastic runner. He didn't deserve that outcome. Thank goodness we live in a more understanding and knowledgeable age (in most countries at least).

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 2:12 pm

Joe90 wrote:
There's a thread somewhere here complaining about how the movie Rain Man disservices the autistic community, but I'd rather the savant stereotype than the killer stereotype.

I've become scared of my own disability now. What if all these serial killers and mass murderers WERE all on the spectrum and we have it in us? It is really panicking me. Why did Rainbow_Belle have to put that all of the worst people in history had Asperger's? Whether it's true or not, it has freaked me out. Of all the disabilities to be unlucky enough to be born with I had to be born with the s**t with the WORST stigma attached to it. :x

Does it matter? If they were all autistic it wouldn't say anything about the vast majority of autistic people who aren't serial killers, spree killers or the worst dictators in recorded history. Even if ASD means that people who also have violent tendencies might be more prone to act on them, that would only be relevant for those of us who possess those tendencies and fail to arrest them. Those of us who aren't prone to violence, as well as those of us who were but have learned to regulate those tendencies aren't within that group.

If you haven't shown a tendency towards violence in your life, don't worry about it. They don't mean you.

@Krafty - Alan Turing is the man you're thinking of.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 2:14 pm

HighLlama wrote:
Rainbow_Belle wrote:
Serial killers like Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Zodiac killer, BTK, Jeffrey Dahmer, Golden Bay Killer, Jack the Ripper, all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.
Dictators like Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and Chairman Mao all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.
Dictators, Mass shooters and serial killers all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.

No one knows who Zodiac or Jack the Ripper were.

Knowing who the individual is isn't needed to build a psychological profile. Building a profile is part of attempting to identify the individual.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 2:15 pm

Of course I should have known that off the top of my head....

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 3:09 pm

I think some hostile groups may already be targeting aspies for indoctrination and recruitment. Think about it ... if you wanted a human tool that already felt disaffected and disenfranchised by society, then look no further than an aspie. It may be easy to convince some of us that (1) “nobody loves you except your recruiter”, (2) “nobody is your friend except your recruiter”, and (3) “nobody has your best interests in mind except your recruiter”.

Your parents might not worry — they may even be happy that you have new friends. That is, until you attack people at a crowded event or location, and your new friends are suddenly nowhere to be found.

Every time I read posts on this website from people who are hostile toward America, Jews, Christians, or happy people in general, I have to wonder if they’re fishing for recruits, or if they’ve already been recruited and they’re just trying to work up a rage.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2019, 4:52 pm

I get tired of news reports that make a point of mentioning a killer was a "quiet loner who kept to himself", like that has any significance. But they'll always try to sensationalize something - heavy metal music, goth subculture , and video games are other things they have made a big deal about. That didn't make people into those things more likely to commit a crime. Neither does being a loner or being autistic. Give it time, eventually they'll move on to blaming some other irrelevant thing.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2019, 8:33 pm

There have been killers with a psychological profile of being mysterious, introverted, quiet loners that keep to themselves.
There is a saying beware of the quiet ones because no one knows anything about them.
A more outgoing personality displaying charm and wit is more likely to be a sociopath that can manipulate and deceive others to get what he/she wants.
A quiet introverted loner that keeps to oneself often describes a person with Autism/Aspergers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 9:37 pm

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
There have been killers with a psychological profile of being mysterious, introverted, quiet loners that keep to themselves.
There is a saying beware of the quiet ones because no one knows anything about them.
A more outgoing personality displaying charm and wit is more likely to be a sociopath that can manipulate and deceive others to get what he/she wants.
A quiet introverted loner that keeps to oneself often describes a person with Autism/Aspergers.

That can be true but I don't go by that. I've come across a psychopath before, and when we first met him he seemed very charming and friendly, and anybody was easily fooled into thinking that he was a nice guy. Then his true colours began showing, until about a year later when we all found out that he's a wife-beater, a con man, a control freak and a paedophile. His sister told us that he tried to kill their baby sister when he was just 2 years old, and all through his childhood he was fascinated by weapons. But he was very social. He had no autism spectrum disorder or anything - he was just a psychopath. Horrible guy.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 5:45 am

funeralxempire wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
Rainbow_Belle wrote:
Serial killers like Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Zodiac killer, BTK, Jeffrey Dahmer, Golden Bay Killer, Jack the Ripper, all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.
Dictators like Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and Chairman Mao all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.
Dictators, Mass shooters and serial killers all possibly had Aspergers Syndrome.

Knowing who the individual is isn't needed to build a psychological profile. Building a profile is part of attempting to identify the individual.

Right. Not what I was arguing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 12:50 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
Rainbow_Belle wrote:

The said profile remains speculation until they catch the perp, to see if he matches the profile.

And besides...whats your point anyway? Does the "profile" of Jack the ripper say he was an aspie?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 5:16 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
Rainbow_Belle wrote:

The said profile remains speculation until they catch the perp, to see if he matches the profile.

And besides...whats your point anyway? Does the "profile" of Jack the ripper say he was an aspie?

I'm uncertain, considering several have been built by various experts who've put forward speculation regarding who Jack the Ripper was. I'm not even certain all of the profiles postulate Jack was a he.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う