Support thread for those who have diagnosed Coronavirus

Page 3 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2020, 8:34 pm

I’m feeling all right.

Just irritated, like anyone else, about this whole crap.

Thanks for asking.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 3:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m feeling all right.

Just irritated, like anyone else, about this whole crap.

Thanks for asking.

Welcome

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 3:20 pm

Well we have all been told to wear masks here. Bit late if you ask me. I don't get to go out so it's not relevant for me though I do wear one anyway when I throw out my rubbish. It's going to be the weirdest Passover since the parting of the Red Sea, which is now becoming more credible every moment, plus the Plagues of Egypt. We cannot be together at Passover :cry: Unthinkable.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 12:51 am

Syd wrote:
To those with an official diagnosis:

What symptoms have you experienced?

How does it compare with other sicknesses you've had?

I had it, mildly. Dry cough, a little trouble breathing, weakness (just preparing a can of tuna, and making a sandwich was exhausting), mild temperature, headache, diminished sense of taste; no stomach upset or loss of appetite (I've always said that if I get sick enough to not be able to eat, order the lilies, cuz I'm never too sick to eat! LOL)

The most annoying thing about this fakakta bug is that it keeps coming back and back and back! Like, I had it for about 14 days, initially; then, I was over it for 3 or 4, then it came back for about 4, then gone for 3 or 4..... I think it happened 3 times, IIRC..... WHAT A PAIN!!

I remembered I'd heard about a website specifically for survivors, so I went to check it out, to see if others had the same experience, and almost everybody there, said the same thing (that it keeps coming back). Also, I've read a couple of articles that said the same thing. One article was about, I think, S. Korea, and they were trying to determine if it was coming back, or if people were getting infected, again. Somebody posted on the site that she heard-of somebody who tested positive, but never had any symptoms, for a month; self-isolated, went back to work; 14 days later, went to donate antibodies, and tested positive, still. That's, like, 6 weeks. Mine lasted 5, pretty much to the day (doc put me in isolation, at home; was never hospitalized, on a ventilator, or intubated).

As to how it compares to other illnesses: I can't think of anything it compares to - totally. Maybe the closest thing would be walking pneumonia----not "regular" pneumonia (I've had both - and I've heard the COVID can "give" you pneumonia, concurrently [sometimes, when you read that someone "died from complications caused by coronavirus", that's what I think it means]), cuz that, pretty much, wiped me out; but with walking pneumonia, I just felt worn-out (but not as worn-out, as this), had a dry cough, and had trouble breathing (I had more trouble breathing with walking pneumonia). It didn't compare to the flu, for ME. I haven't had the flu since I quit getting the vaccine - so, like, almost 40 years ago - but, from what I can remember, I was down for the count, with that. Like I said, I didn't have any stomach problems, so it doesn't compare to, like, food poisoning, or anything like that (which I've had at least 4 times). It doesn't compare to a cold - no runny nose, stuffy head, or anything like that. It doesn't compare to bronchitis (which I've had several times), cuz I didn't have that kind of tightness in my chest. I certainly have never had anything that came back, every few days - SHEESH!!

This is just MY experience----I've heard some say they ache all over, some have stomach problems, some can barely catch their breath, some have total loss of taste AND smell.....

I smoke (don't preach - save your breath), have COPD, and several years ago, I had to sell my truck to pay bills, so I have to take public transportation, now, so it was bound to happen.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 1:33 am

Thank you for sharing that, CC, that was very interesting to read. Strange how it kept coming back. But if that is so common in covid-19, then maybe people aren't infected again, that would be good news at least.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 May 2020, 3:48 am

I'm very glad you've finally recovered and that you had it comparatively mildly, not needing hospitalization. Thank you for your story which I hope can encourage and inform others. Any lengthy illness can be highly draining and stressful.

I'm inclined to think that despite the length of the illness and the numerous relapses, that the body might be immune after the eventual recovery.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 4:29 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Syd wrote:

[color=#9932CC][b]I had it, mildly. Dry cough, a little trouble breathing, weakness (just preparing a can of tuna, and making a sandwich was exhausting), mild temperature, headache, diminished sense of taste; no stomach upset or loss of appetite (I've always said that if I get sick enough to not be able to eat, order the lilies, cuz I'm never too sick to eat! LOL)

The most annoying thing about this fakakta bug is that it keeps coming back and back and back! Like, I had it for about 14 days, initially; then, I was over it for 3 or 4, then it came back for about 4, then gone for 3 or 4..... I think it happened 3 times, IIRC..... WHAT A PAIN!!

That's the worst of this sh*t. You feel like you won't ever get over it because it returns and returns and returns. Allthough it doesn't weakens you as much as in the beginning then.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 4:34 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Syd wrote:

I had it, mildly. Dry cough, a little trouble breathing, weakness (just preparing a can of tuna, and making a sandwich was exhausting), mild temperature, headache, diminished sense of taste; no stomach upset or loss of appetite (I've always said that if I get sick enough to not be able to eat, order the lilies, cuz I'm never too sick to eat! LOL)

I remembered I'd heard about a website specifically for survivors, so I went to check it out, to see if others had the same experience, and almost everybody there, said the same thing (that it keeps coming back). Also, I've read a couple of articles that said the same thing. One article was about, I think, S. Korea, and they were trying to determine if it was coming back, or if people were getting infected, again. Somebody posted on the site that she heard-of somebody who tested positive, but never had any symptoms, for a month; self-isolated, went back to work; 14 days later, went to donate antibodies, and tested positive, still. That's, like, 6 weeks. Mine lasted 5, pretty much to the day (doc put me in isolation, at home; was never hospitalized, on a ventilator, or intubated).

As to how it compares to other illnesses: I can't think of anything it compares to - totally. Maybe the closest thing would be walking pneumonia----not "regular" pneumonia (I've had both - and I've heard the COVID can "give" you pneumonia, concurrently [sometimes, when you read that someone "died from complications caused by coronavirus", that's what I think it means]), cuz that, pretty much, wiped me out; but with walking pneumonia, I just felt worn-out (but not as worn-out, as this), had a dry cough, and had trouble breathing (I had more trouble breathing with walking pneumonia). It didn't compare to the flu, for ME. I haven't had the flu since I quit getting the vaccine - so, like, almost 40 years ago - but, from what I can remember, I was down for the count, with that. Like I said, I didn't have any stomach problems, so it doesn't compare to, like, food poisoning, or anything like that (which I've had at least 4 times). It doesn't compare to a cold - no runny nose, stuffy head, or anything like that. It doesn't compare to bronchitis (which I've had several times), cuz I didn't have that kind of tightness in my chest. I certainly have never had anything that came back, every few days - SHEESH!!

This is just MY experience----I've heard some say they ache all over, some have stomach problems, some can barely catch their breath, some have total loss of taste AND smell.....

I smoke (don't preach - save your breath), have COPD, and several years ago, I had to sell my truck to pay bills, so I have to take public transportation, now, so it was bound to happen.

I'm glad you're feeling better. If it keeps coming back again and again I'm wondering if we'll all end up finding out that it doesn't leave.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 8:18 pm

Thanks for the well wishes, y'all!! Please forgive my manners----I totally forgot to come back and see if I needed to respond to anybody.

quite an extreme wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Syd wrote:

That's the worst of this sh*t. You feel like you won't ever get over it because it returns and returns and returns. Allthough it doesn't weakens you as much as in the beginning then.

Yep, same with me----every course / relapse / whatever was not as bad as initially.

Also, I forgot to say that after my first bout, I went out (had to go grocery shopping), but I didn't go out for 2 or 3 more weeks, so I don't see how I could have caught it again. (BTW, it took a few more weeks, after that 5 weeks, for my taste to return to normal.)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 4:54 am

I had it for about 3 weeks. Never officially “positive” for it. Had it mostly in March. Positive for antibodies.

Slight fever, no shortness of breath. Not enough weakness to stay in bed, though weak. Anxiety about getting worse. Never lost any senses. Diminished appetite for about a week. Slight chills. Slight tingling. Cold sweats. Moderate cough for about 6 weeks. Occasional feeling of weakness for a month after recovery.

All in all like a mild flu. Very lucky.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 5:15 am

I’m glad the lady with the purple letters recovered well. And I hope she has another truck now.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 6:51 pm

I’m not sure if I have it but I’m very sick again. My symptoms include muscle weakness, painful headaches (they have gotten worse!), lethargy and dizziness. I don’t want this to sound dramatic but I’m not able to get up and get anything done! I thought I was over this but it’s come back. I don’t want to tell my family. I’ve thought about getting tested but I really can’t afford to spend money like it’s nothing right now. My doctor said to stay at home and try to recover unless it gets serious. I’m so tired of laying in bed hence the reason I lurked back to the Wrong Planet site. I literally feel as if I’ve walked into the fiery pits of hell! To top that off my air conditioner is broken and the heat here is crazy.

End of /rant

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 8:11 pm

Where are you? There could be free testing.

If you’re in NYC, you can get tested for free in many places.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 4:17 am

oh my god it's campin' cat. oh my god oh my g

quite an extreme wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Syd wrote:

[color=#9932CC][b]I had it, mildly. Dry cough, a little trouble breathing, weakness (just preparing a can of tuna, and making a sandwich was exhausting), mild temperature, headache, diminished sense of taste; no stomach upset or loss of appetite (I've always said that if I get sick enough to not be able to eat, order the lilies, cuz I'm never too sick to eat! LOL)

RIGHT????? VGH!! !! !

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.