Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 9:21 pm

My first test of this type was a sigmoidoscopy. It doesn’t go up as far as a colonoscopy. I was not put fully under for that. I’ve had a few colonoscopies over the years and have always been put fully under for them. You’re given the anaesthetic and next thing you know you’re waking up and it’s over with. One thing to think about in the weeks before your test is your diet. If you eat a lot of nuts and seed, like some trail mixes, or flax seed bread, you’ll have to cut that out. Even after your prep, seeds can remain in you and block the camera they use.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 9:53 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
My first test of this type was a sigmoidoscopy.

I've had those too! I recall being really stoned and fascinated because I got to watch the camera. :roll: :wink:

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 11:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Were you given an anesthetic that made you unconscious?

Me? No. I was told that people only get that if they demand for it because they're too terrified or if there are some complications, like too much pain, for it to be done otherwise. But it's not like I wanted it, either.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 5:00 am

Why are all of you pretending to care about me
And if you do care why don’t you defend me from bullies here.
I dont know why I’d bother getting it. I think I’ll just ignore them when they call. I dont know if I even want to live. I’m sure many here on wp would be excited to find out I had cancer. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 5:40 am

I would get it, if I were you.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 5:34 pm

Sly ,,havent been on when you are being bullied , have usually just ignored bullies on here.
Havent had many encounters with people on here . So if someone appears to be caring for you
in someway ..Not always good to bite at their hands . Cause not everybody is trying to bully people
all the time. i hope . Hope your time at the hospital goes smoothly .
And hope you dont have cancer , whether you think so or not.

Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 5:53 pm

Jakki wrote:
Sly ,,havent been on when you are being bullied , have usually just ignored bullies on here.
Havent had many encounters with people on here . So if someone appears to be caring for you
in someway ..Not always good to bite at their hands . Cause not everybody is trying to bully people
all the time. i hope . Hope your time at the hospital goes smoothly .
And hope you dont have cancer , whether you think so or not.

Sorry I’m just frustrated it seems most everyone on here hates me and no one defends me except one person.
My life is so bad right now. Wish there was a autism support site thst wasn’t left or right leaning. :cry:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 8:07 pm

I’m sorry that I haven’t seen the places where you are being bullied, sly (I usually stay out of political threads, if it’s for political reasons I probably just haven’t seen it because of that), and I also apologize for how bad of a job I do at trying to defend or stand up for people, if it helps any I rarely am even able to do it for myself because I’m an incredibly passive person. But I do care about you, and sincerely hope that either nothing will be found during this procedure or that whatever they do find is easily treatable and nothing scary. I would be sincerely worried about you if it turns out you do have cancer, even if I probably wouldn’t be good at showing it. I’m starting to go into “lurker mode” again, I think, but I do still care and keep an eye on threads like this to see how you are doing. I just don’t always have the proper words to say or know how to help.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

When you assume, it makes an a** out of u and me.

I have increasing memory issues, and a tendency to forget that I forget everything. Please don't take it personally if I forget something, it probably says absolutely nothing about how important the thing is/isn’t to me.

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jun 2020, 8:16 pm

I don't know you very well, sly, being so new, but I'm sorry you're feelings are in this place right now. Your health is very important and you should take care of it, and take courage from the words being shared here. To reiterate some of what dragonsanddemons said above me, I'm incredibly passive I have a difficult time entering into nuanced political arguments myself, so it is not a place I feel comfortable posting (particularly in the midst of arguments I have no real established place in); still, I encourage you to reach out to people when you feel you need help. I hope for your sake you do go ahead with getting a colonoscopy, as many others have said, and that it works out for the best.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 3:14 pm

Well they haven’t called yet to schedule one, could be weeks then weeks to get appointment. Could be dead by then.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 3:31 pm

slow response by medical staff is to be expected,, have no worries to call them if necessary.

Quote:

itz_personal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2020, 3:45 pm

Sly: As KraftieKortie says, you need to get it checked out. And he's also right about the procedure: It's not a problem, and doesn't take long. Likewise, before mine they gave me stuff to drink for 24 hours instead of meals, so none of it should be an issue for you.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 9:11 pm

If you can, ask your doctor for Pico-Salax bowel prep, it doesn't taste anywhere near as nasty as polyethylene glycol bowel preps and you don't gotta swallow as much of it. Good luck with it, hope it goes well.

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 3:19 pm

They messaged me to call and set up appointment Friday but I habe ti wait until Wednesday to do so as i dont know my schedule for next month to know what days I have off.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 3:29 pm

sly279 wrote:
They messaged me to call and set up appointment Friday but I habe ti wait until Wednesday to do so as i dont know my schedule for next month to know what days I have off.

Hope this works out in your schedule

Quote:

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 3:46 pm

sly279 wrote:

You ever discuss with your the alternatives to colonoscopy, such as ColoGard? You avoid drinking that damn concoction they tell you to mix up to clear your bowels, and instead take a stool sample and send off to a lab for testing. My Medicare Advantage plan provider sends me a kit every year for testing.