Who here likes me and still wants to be friends?

Page 22 of 30 [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 4:10 am

No more politics. Sorry.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:05 am

League_Girl wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Was Sly's original post deleted as Alex said he took a screenshot

He may have edited it.

Can’t edit what I never said

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Aug 2020, 5:10 am

Welcome, Sly.

This is Haven so no political posts will be tolerated on your thread anymore.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:34 am

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
^ I think that thread got way out of hand. I think a lot of it came down to incompatible communication styles, and that Alex doesn't know you and Pepe very well. I hope you are doing okay.

Me OK?

I see a bad moon rising,
I see trouble on the way,
I see earthquakes and lightning,
I see bad times today. :mrgreen:

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:41 am

Who Here Likes Me And Still Wants To Be Friends?

I do.

Be the hero of your life.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 10:23 am

I've been catching up with this for the last few hours, a horrible way to wake up 8O

I crashed last night before all this happened, after being awake for 36 hours and trying for the last two weeks to post in the other thread in a way that would help people find some common ground and solutions instead of more strife - despite the constant derailments and those who used it to pick fights with others. There have been others who have put a huge amount of effort and time in here for months, both publically and privately, trying to mediate between members, between membership and the mods and also doing what they could to mend fences, build bridges and support vulnerable people privately.

It looks like it has been all in vain... I can't believe some people would really rather see this site perish than try to make peace or at least allow some room for those they don't like or disagree with :evil:

This site is already financially unviable and things will get much worse if a chunk of the active membership leaves and Alex will be incapable of sustaining a tiny 25 members political echo-chamber that has nothing do to with autism, even if he would actually want that. Which I doubt he does.

I'm very sorry sly, I'll stick around and do the little I can until an official decision is made, I'm stunned by the cruelty you (and a few others) have been shown here.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Aug 2020, 10:44 am

I'm doing what I can. We all value WP as a place where we can hang out safely and enjoy interaction.

Everybody should feel accepted here. We don't have to agree with others here in every respect. That would make for a very boring world.

my blog:

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 10:58 am

By now it's kind of out of your hands enviro, I get that. Let's see if when Alex shows up again we can wipe the plate clean and try again.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 11:16 am

Pepe wrote:
AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
^ I think that thread got way out of hand. I think a lot of it came down to incompatible communication styles, and that Alex doesn't know you and Pepe very well. I hope you are doing okay.

Me OK?

I see a bad moon rising,
I see trouble on the way,
I see earthquakes and lightning,
I see bad times today. :mrgreen:

I hope things get better soon :(

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 11:20 am

Another fox For Sly (because I'm sure what else to say right now to help) :(

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 11:26 am

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

He didn't call anyone the N word. This is entirely different. Sly used the word in an analogy, showing that it was a hurtful and racist term. He did not apply it to any person. It has nothing to do with him thinking the world is a movie, because he doesn't use that word in his regular speech. EVER. I dare anyone to find an incident where he used that word against a person on this site. He used an analogy. People used hateful metaphors toward him, and they were allowed to be posted for 11 weeks in full view. That same person was banned from AF for using the N word themselves, within a week of joining.

Sly does not deserve this. If he was such a racist White Supremacist, I'd like to see the reports that were filed on his BLM posts and the bans that were issued for his "racism" or "white supremacy". There are none.

I got banned from AF for posting 'n-word music'. That's not the same as using the word.

I don't report anyone for anything, so saying a post wasn't reported doesn't mean much. I don't think every post with a racist opinion warrants a warning or any action, that doesn't mean it isn't showing sympathy for actual white supremacists.

If you're angry you can't bully me for saying the truth, get over it. The fact that you're very angry doesn't make you right. You attacked me needlessly (in defence of Sly) for speaking the truth. You guys have tried to get the mods involved and it failed because I wasn't in the wrong. Get over it and move on with your lives. No one wants you to leave but I'd appreciate if you'd stop bullying me.

I'm not "very angry". I'm very thorough. I reported instances where you threatened to put him in hospital, and you called him horrible derogatory terms, saying we should quarantine from him because he had a dangerous infection. The mods agreed your language was inappropriate and they dealt with it.

I'm not a bully. You believe that people who make reports are bullies / snitches who get stitches / and fragile lying victims, but the mods asked us to make these reports. They appealed for information of how to make WP a better place.

If anyone on this site believes I am a bully for reporting malicious speech against other members, or for following the rules, please let me know. I've yet to see a disclaimer beneath the WP rules stating that nothing should be reported, or that people who report should be publicly shamed.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 11:30 am

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 11:49 am

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Aug 2020, 12:51 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

He didn't call anyone the N word. This is entirely different. Sly used the word in an analogy, showing that it was a hurtful and racist term. He did not apply it to any person. It has nothing to do with him thinking the world is a movie, because he doesn't use that word in his regular speech. EVER. I dare anyone to find an incident where he used that word against a person on this site. He used an analogy. People used hateful metaphors toward him, and they were allowed to be posted for 11 weeks in full view. That same person was banned from AF for using the N word themselves, within a week of joining.

Sly does not deserve this. If he was such a racist White Supremacist, I'd like to see the reports that were filed on his BLM posts and the bans that were issued for his "racism" or "white supremacy". There are none.

I got banned from AF for posting 'n-word music'. That's not the same as using the word.

I don't report anyone for anything, so saying a post wasn't reported doesn't mean much. I don't think every post with a racist opinion warrants a warning or any action, that doesn't mean it isn't showing sympathy for actual white supremacists.

If you're angry you can't bully me for saying the truth, get over it. The fact that you're very angry doesn't make you right. You attacked me needlessly (in defence of Sly) for speaking the truth. You guys have tried to get the mods involved and it failed because I wasn't in the wrong. Get over it and move on with your lives. No one wants you to leave but I'd appreciate if you'd stop bullying me.

I'm not "very angry". I'm very thorough. I reported instances where you threatened to put him in hospital, and you called him horrible derogatory terms, saying we should quarantine from him because he had a dangerous infection. The mods agreed your language was inappropriate and they dealt with it.

I'm not a bully. You believe that people who make reports are bullies / snitches who get stitches / and fragile lying victims, but the mods asked us to make these reports. They appealed for information of how to make WP a better place.

If anyone on this site believes I am a bully for reporting malicious speech against other members, or for following the rules, please let me know. I've yet to see a disclaimer beneath the WP rules stating that nothing should be reported, or that people who report should be publicly shamed.

The way I see it: it's not a good vs evil fight. It's a series of misinterpretations that escalated to really toxic level. There is no villain to kill in this story. There is a lot of toxicity to neutralize instead.

From my knowledge of you all, all the people involved have very strong triggers. Sly reacts super strongly to anything that resembles bashing or rejection, even if others don't intend it. FXE is really sensitive to anything connected to white supremacism. Your triggers collided, leading to really disastrous escalation.

At least this is how I see it. The world is crazy right now and no wonder this craziness leaks into our forum.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Aug 2020, 2:07 pm

^Thank you Magz. You summed up well.

Isabella is trying her very best to promote peace and a happy WP experience for our users, including Sly. I have never, ever seen her acting in a bullying way towards anyone, and the words Isabella and bully don't belong in the same sentence.

Once again I want to encourage all users to report any problematic posts which infringe WP rules.

The following activities are unacceptable on WrongPlanet:

1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members; violent or sexually demeaning content; sexual fetish; and discussion of excretory function. Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.

2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

3. Other inappropriate content and behavior prohibited on Wrong Planet:
This includes copyrighted material, serial codes, and posts made to promote a website, group or product, particularly if made repeatedly and without other participation in the WP community (spamming). This also includes discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.

Posting Specifications
--------------------
* Please don't post duplicate threads.
* Don't spam the forums with affiliate links
* Reposting a locked or deleted posts or threads is against the rules.
* Personal attacks against people or other sites are not permitted. If you have an issue with someone, talk to them about it somewhere other than our forum.
* Ensure that links and pictures in posts fit the page format
* Posts which disrupt the page format may be edited or deleted by the Moderators.
* Mentioning your own site is only permitted once you've contributed substantial useful content to the forums.
* Owners of WrongPlanet reserve the right to delete, edit, move, or lock any thread for any reason.

my blog:

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 2:39 pm

Here's some pictures of a funky looking fox Sly :)