Who here likes me and still wants to be friends?

Page 5 of 14 [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,108
Location: US

06 Jul 2020, 3:07 am

I’m going to try other autism forums that don’t allow attacks based on political beleifs. I’ll try to reach out to those I like to arrange other forums of communication.
If that goes well I’ll stop coming here,
When every I talk about wp to people off there they all think it’s horrible and encourage me to leave. “Doesn’t sounds like a support site” is what I’m often told.
I’ve shown them it as well. Manga was right to leave, so was dox. I wish change didn’t frighten me so or I should have left when dox invited me to.

He was right. It only got worse here.
Pepe and wolfman. I’m sorry.

Perhaps it will work out with this woman in Facebook and I won’t need supoort sites anymore. Either way this place is too hateful towards me. And the people who’d be nice to me are all leaving one by one.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,601
Location: Oz

06 Jul 2020, 3:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
True but I have invested time helping O'l Sly


"Captain cyberdad Bumbles" strikes again!
Like Dan, Wuhan, Andrews! 8O
Joke! :mrgreen:


_________________
I like to flirt. Don't take it seriously. ;)

Down with big business!...Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,601
Location: Oz

06 Jul 2020, 3:25 am

sly279 wrote:
I’m going to try other autism forums that don’t allow attacks based on political beleifs. I’ll try to reach out to those I like to arrange other forums of communication.
If that goes well I’ll stop coming here,
When every I talk about wp to people off there they all think it’s horrible and encourage me to leave. “Doesn’t sounds like a support site” is what I’m often told.
I’ve shown them it as well. Manga was right to leave, so was dox. I wish change didn’t frighten me so or I should have left when dox invited me to.

He was right. It only got worse here.
Pepe and wolfman. I’m sorry.

Perhaps it will work out with this woman in Facebook and I won’t need supoort sites anymore. Either way this place is too hateful towards me. And the people who’d be nice to me are all leaving one by one.


I am assuming you mean "AutismForums"?

It makes me mad that you are considering leaving.
The trash on WP should be ashamed.
And the mods should stop protecting them.

Just joking...lah, lah, lah, lah :eew:


_________________
I like to flirt. Don't take it seriously. ;)

Down with big business!...Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


SecretOpossumCabal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2017
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 147
Location: Boston

06 Jul 2020, 3:57 am

sly279 wrote:
I’m going to try other autism forums that don’t allow attacks based on political beleifs. I’ll try to reach out to those I like to arrange other forums of communication.
If that goes well I’ll stop coming here,
When every I talk about wp to people off there they all think it’s horrible and encourage me to leave. “Doesn’t sounds like a support site” is what I’m often told.
I’ve shown them it as well. Manga was right to leave, so was dox. I wish change didn’t frighten me so or I should have left when dox invited me to.

He was right. It only got worse here.
Pepe and wolfman. I’m sorry.

Perhaps it will work out with this woman in Facebook and I won’t need supoort sites anymore. Either way this place is too hateful towards me. And the people who’d be nice to me are all leaving one by one.



Did you read The Archbishop Vigano's letter to Trump? It's very pertinent and he's expressing your frustration. God predicted all of this:

Quote:
Mr. President,

In recent months we have been witnessing the formation of two opposing sides that I would call Biblical: the children of light and the children of darkness. The children of light constitute the most conspicuous part of humanity, while the children of darkness represent an absolute minority. And yet the former are the object of a sort of discrimination which places them in a situation of moral inferiority with respect to their adversaries, who often hold strategic positions in government, in politics, in the economy and in the media. In an apparently inexplicable way, the good are held hostage by the wicked and by those who help them either out of self-interest or fearfulness.

These two sides, which have a Biblical nature, follow the clear separation between the offspring of the Woman and the offspring of the Serpent. On the one hand, there are those who, although they have a thousand defects and weaknesses, are motivated by the desire to do good, to be honest, to raise a family, to engage in work, to give prosperity to their homeland, to help the needy, and, in obedience to the Law of God, to merit the Kingdom of Heaven. On the other hand, there are those who serve themselves, who do not hold any moral principles, who want to demolish the family and the nation, exploit workers to make themselves unduly wealthy, foment internal divisions and wars, and accumulate power and money: for them the fallacious illusion of temporal well-being will one day – if they do not repent – yield to the terrible fate that awaits them, far from God, in eternal damnation.


Full Letter here: https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/ar ... -right-now

Anyways you will be persecuted no matter where you go. This is a good thing and shows that you're on the side of good. We're likely going to lose the battle for this world, but the point is you're striving for the next one -- this world passes away and has an end. Your aim is for the eternal one. As Christians our sorrows are front-loaded, whereas worldly people who will gain a victory on this world and will thrive in this world, are reserved for the day of judgment.
For while their joys are front-loaded their terrors await for them because they have no way to cross the bridge of death.

Image

God has given to you the gift of hope which thrives in suffering and persecution:

I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet see, we wait for it patiently.
Romans 8:18-25



Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 29,029
Location: מתחת לעננים

06 Jul 2020, 4:04 am

i don't think sly is a christian, not sure, but please don't proselytize in the haven.

i would consider you closer to a friend than a non-friend, and certainly not an enemy ideological or otherwise. i'm not on the internet to make enemies, only sad little people are.

your input is as valuable as anyone elses and i take some of the blame for not sticking up for you when you were called nasty names. still i disagree with some of your views and find it hard, sometimes very hard, to put myself in your shoes, with regards to how you may come to believe them. i don't know your background, but i imagine it's quite different than mine and that's probably why, i guess.

i can tell you are a kind compassionate person who can "remember the human" and i know you don't have harmful intentions if you ever take a position i may find hard to defend. i try to avoid arguing here in general but the temptation is strong. but it is frustrating to see you take self-defeating attitudes and inevitably suffer when whatever you were wanting didn't go as planned. you should believe in yourself more, as cheesy as it sounds.....

i remember a time, around two years ago when i was going through a VERY BAD time and letting everyone on here know about it (regret that...) and you PMed me to check up on me. it may not have been much for you, but that was a very nice gesture that i still think about on occasion, especially since i know you were going through some stuff of your own at that time as well.

also you've been here since i joined, very few people from that time are left, so that's cool too i guess :)

take care


_________________
משיח משיח משיח

אייאייאייאייאייאייאייאייאייאיי


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,906
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Jul 2020, 4:38 am

Sly is a Christian.



Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 29,029
Location: מתחת לעננים

06 Jul 2020, 4:44 am

Image


_________________
משיח משיח משיח

אייאייאייאייאייאייאייאייאייאיי


The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,062
Location: Reading, England

06 Jul 2020, 5:07 am

I don’t really consider any users here to be friends. There are plenty of users who I like and respect but I don’t think this place really lends itself to friendship - obviously other people feel differently and that’s fine, whatever works for you.

That said, it cuts both ways. It’s very hard to hold animosity towards other people over the internet unless they’re really nasty. And I’ve never had any trouble with you, Sly.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,906
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Jul 2020, 5:10 am

I wouldn’t want to mess with those tusks :P

I’m pretty sure I’m a really insignificant part of the Heady World of the Walrus. It’s okay. I’m a really insignificant part of most people’s worlds....and if we really want to get all astronomical, the Earth is a really insignificant component of the Milky Way Galaxy, which is an insignificant component even of one quadrant of the Universe.

He’s a guy who looks at all the parameters. And feels disdain for those who don’t.



BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,178

06 Jul 2020, 5:29 am

cyberdad wrote:
Well apparently Sly says he dislikes me on another thread so I officially revoke my invitation to friendship... :cry:

cyberdad wrote:
True but I have invested time helping O'l Sly


There's your problem right there.

Sly doesn't like me either, we don't have a lot in common, don't share the same views and disagree (politely) on many things. Most people here who tried to offer sly support in the public forum did it because they don't like bullying and most of all because he obviously needs it. It might not lead to friendship, but it's the decent thing to do and might help him realise that despite a vocal minority who keeps insulting him, most of us don't hate him or wish him harm.



I'm sorry to see you leaving sly, I fully understand that a place where the rules are enforced in a balanced fashion would be better for you right now, but I hope you'll return if things here change in the future.


_________________
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,906
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Jul 2020, 5:30 am

I feel that most people here just want to have a decent time here.

There are some who like to pull chains, and have fun at other people’s expense. It’s best to keep a detached attitude about them, and consider the source.

My opinion about Sly is that he should experience actual people more, and realize the world is not a Death Wish movie.



BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,178

06 Jul 2020, 5:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:


There are some who like to pull chains, and have fun at other people’s expense. It’s best to keep a detached attitude about them, and consider the source.


It works for me and in an ideal world, we could all do it. But let's remember we're on an autistic forum and many people struggle with emotional regulation and other issues that make this very difficult or even impossible.

Let's also remember that trolling, belittling and intentionally provoking others is officially against the rules here. The sane thing would be to enforce the rules, not to ask people to adapt to those who break them.


_________________
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,906
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Jul 2020, 5:39 am

I’m all for enforcing the rules.

I certainly against “adapting” to the trolling methodology.

I dislike trolls and assholes myself.

The Wicked Witch of the West was a b***h who melted and went away solely because she was a b***h. And only after people stopped “feeding” her by reacting to her.



BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,178

06 Jul 2020, 6:15 am

"Bullies will go away/leave you alone if you ignore them" is a myth. What they usually do is escalate their behaviour, which is exactly what happened here lately. The only efficient way of making bullies stop is not tolerating their behaviour. When they are held accountable, many members here de-escalate their behaviour, this has been proven to work.

Sly ignoring such things won't make them disappear and it's obvious that reading even without replying still makes him feel hurt. I don't think this is something he can control. So I understand that he feels that until the rules start applying to everybody it's better for him to leave the forum and not read such things at all. Several others made the same decision, not because they are weak and overwhelmed as suggested in other threads but because there's only that much a person who respects themselves and others is going to be willing and able to tolerate when it comes to bullying and trolling.

I'm also one of those aspies (along with many others) who value rules and guidelines as a compass. Our compass is out of wack right now.


_________________
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,906
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Jul 2020, 6:30 am

I would agree that WrongPlanet is too much a microcosm of a typical social media site, and that we should restore it to its previous condition as a place which emphasizes a unique autistic viewpoint pertaining to morality.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 102,076
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

06 Jul 2020, 6:53 am

i enjoy having you around.


_________________
Schultz

Kanye West 2020

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645