I’m not doing too good

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Jul 2020, 4:56 am

Aches and pains do usually come out to play mostly at night. I just take my paracetemol tablets when and if needed.

you must find your cat a huge comfort - animals are such good therapy.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ImagineDragons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2020, 5:19 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m staying in my apartment more too, it’s hard to walk, cuz of my leg.

i find it important to get out in fresh air, so on the days when i am gimping, i just tightly wrap an ace bandage around my ankles or knees and make myself get out there even if it is just for a block.

Guessing you meant LIMPING rather than gimping ?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 6:00 am

i am guessing you are offended by my use of the word "gimp" which i apply to myself only in a very personal way not reflective of anybody else on earth. IOW i meant the use of the word to describe myself and my own arthritic situation only. IOW not just a limp but battling pain and stiffness throughout my body but especially in an orthopedic sense.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 8:07 am

That’s a hard list of pains to deal with . Am hoping you find some relief . :(

where ever you go ,there you are

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 8:47 pm

I cannot help thinking about dying, it the only way I stop stuffering with tooooo much pain,too much anxiety, my bladder problem & now I have colitis, I REALLY HATE MY LIFE!

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2020, 8:52 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I cannot help thinking about dying, it the only way I stop stuffering with tooooo much pain,too much anxiety, my bladder problem & now I have colitis, I REALLY HATE MY LIFE!

I'm very sorry that you are feeling this way right now - I don't know if this will help at all, but it's what I have to offer:
A couple months ago (almost exactly) I was in a situation where a few times I came closer to suicide than I ever have, and much closer than I was comfortable with. I could recognize this while still feeling the way I did. The situation I was in caused me to keep returning to that point. At the time, I genuinely believed with all of my heart and mind that things would not get better, that even if my situation changed I would not be able to live with myself.

On the other side of that, after a brief period of recovery, that feeling went away for me again. It doesn't mean I'll never reach another low in life, it doesn't mean I might no have another suicidal episode, but I'm ok for now. This is not meant to say "I'm fine, so you should be fine too." I just want to express to you that even if something feels so difficult and painful, and even hopeless, there is a brighter future for you.

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2020, 3:41 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
Big, cozy dragon hugs for you, Kitty. I’m not dealing with pain really, but exhaustion. But I can completely sympathize on the lack of ability to actually really do anything because of an ailment, on top of the restrictions due to COVID-19, and feeling cooped up because of it. I actually look forward to doctor appointments where I’m literally poked and prodded for most of the time and that usually involve some sort of blood draw or injection, because I actually get to get out of the house.

If there was anything I could do to ease your pain or at least make things less hard on you in some way, I’d do it. You really deserve a break (at least) from your pain, I wish there was something I could do about it. All I can do is offer an abundance of virtual hugs and well-wishes, which I do.

I haven’t ordered groceries for over a week, I wasn’t doing too much, I was WAAAAY BEHIND on buying stuff online, doing my trash, doing my laundry, other stuff too. I wasn’t myself, I had very little energy. I finally ordered groceries yesterday, I didn’t clean them yet, I took the frozen meals out of the boxes & put them in the freezer, I will clean them later. After that I had a meltdown, I wanted to die. I can’t die, my cat needs me.

You know it's a common stage in aspie life where you feel alone, have lived long enough to know it is not likely to change easily anymore, and you are tired and your personal resources are very very low.. that's why in my Asperger's support group, one person committed suicide at 31, and another one stopped posting on Facebook two years ago or replying to emails, so I assume he may have suicided too or died accidentally from being addicted to some drugs.

If your insurance covers it and you can afford it, make a follow up appointment with an orthopedist and tell them you are having pain where the bones did not heal right. You can take a Tylenol for it. Otherwise, you can't just give up because you have pain issues - keep working in your house as doing the chores will make you feel good when they are done.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2020, 9:17 am

CHANGE is the only constant .

where ever you go ,there you are