Mountain Goat wrote:
Does anyone know who I am? :D

A person that loves trains. 8)

How did you know?

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 12:02 pm

I think of myself as ever-changing and I don’t believe I’ll ever fully know myself. I like it that way ...

I think of you as a complete mystery (I would say this to anyone) ... you are a great many different things to me... I like it that way ...

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 12:06 pm

Juliette wrote:
I think of myself as ever-changing and I don’t believe I’ll ever fully know myself. I like it that way ...

I think of you as a complete mystery (I would say this to anyone) ... you are a great many different things to me... I like it that way ...

I am a mystery to me as well. :P

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 12:14 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Juliette wrote:

I am a mystery to me as well. :P

:P :jester: Yes ...

Does anyone ever truly and fully know themselves? Even when we think we do, life can throw us into the most out there of situations and we might just do the opposite of what we think we’d do ...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 12:18 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

How did you know?

I just assumed, because you often bring up trains in your posts and you have a train on your avatar. :) 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 12:20 pm

Other people think they know me better than I know myself.

If I ever could figure out why I dream my dreams, it would go a long way towards “knowing myself.”

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 13 Jul 2020, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 12:23 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

How did you know?

I just assumed, because you often bring up trains in your posts and you have a train on your avatar. :) 8)

I think in train thoughts sometimes! Haha!

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 12:29 pm

I have no clue who I am. I do my best to blend in, stay in the background. Keep the spotlight off myself. Stay out of focus.

But I do know that I don't like trains. At all. Does that mean I have to turn in my on the spectrum membership card? :)

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jul 2020, 12:53 pm

I used to like trains but as a small kid I was scared of the noise they made (steam engines) yet fascinated at the same time. I often wished we lived right next to the railway lines despite the racket.

I am the epitome of change yet many of my traits remain static. I'm a stimming wheel full of spokes, and a filler of many vacuums; the foam on Neptune's depthless cappuccino.

I too have created worlds for many years; the first one was Animalland and eventually Territoria and Radiant grew from those latent seeds.

I felt uncomfortable being the class brain in primary school (elementary school) and often if I was the only one who knew the answer, I'd refrain from raising my hand. I was often asked to read to the class. Once I hit high school the wheels came off my bicycle (speaking of which, I could never ride because of my co-ordination) and as my marks dropped, I became more anonymous yet was bullied for being who I was. And after many years had passed, I was diagnosed in 2008 and attended my first school reunion in 2011 where a good many guys apologized for their behaviour towards me in high school.

I feel as if I haven't found my feet yet as they are standing in swirling murky waters - I need to head for the shore but too fascinated by the mesmerising attraction of that muddy eddy.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 12:59 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I felt uncomfortable being the class brain in primary school (elementary school) and often if I was the only one who knew the answer, I'd refrain from raising my hand. I was often asked to read to the class. Once I hit high school the wheels came off my bicycle and as my marks dropped, I became more anonymous yet was bullied for being who I was.

You just described my years in public school perfectly. I wonder how many of us would describe our school years in this way?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 1:05 pm

ima dishevelled amateur historian :nerdy:
i've got a few hobbies i should learn to monetize because i'm also a broke boy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jul 2020, 1:15 pm

@Steve: I'm exactly the same age as you (but going on 30...) 8)

^ah, monetizing my talents - a weak spot for me too.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 1:17 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
@Steve: I'm exactly the same age as you (but going on 30...) 8)

I'm going on 17 according to my wife :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 1:22 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I felt uncomfortable being the class brain in primary school (elementary school) and often if I was the only one who knew the answer, I'd refrain from raising my hand. I was often asked to read to the class. Once I hit high school the wheels came off my bicycle and as my marks dropped, I became more anonymous yet was bullied for being who I was.

I didn't realize that I should feel uncomfortable in those situations.

High school was like that for me, except I dressed weird which compounded it and made me less anonymous. Once I started selling suddenly the same people who bullied me tried to be friends and I often took advantage of those people or abused/humiliated them to retaliate for past transgressions or I'd rope them into 'pranks' that were basically intended to terrorize others who had been cruel to me (ever heard a dozen Christmas crackers go off at once?).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 3:23 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

I didn't realize that I should feel uncomfortable in those situations.

High school was like that for me, except I dressed weird which compounded it and made me less anonymous. Once I started selling suddenly the same people who bullied me tried to be friends and I often took advantage of those people or abused/humiliated them to retaliate for past transgressions or I'd rope them into 'pranks' that were basically intended to terrorize others who had been cruel to me (ever heard a dozen Christmas crackers go off at once?).
What were you selling? Also why would you do that? That makes you worse than them. in every way.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 3:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
Who is Fnord?

I am Fnord.

I am the space in between the pixels on your screen.
I am the blank paper that newspapers are printed on.

I am the the four-leaf clover with a missing leaf.
I am the tool the dentist uses on unruly patients.

I am the gunk that sticks to the inside of your car's fenders.
                I am the reason boxes of condoms carry twelve instead of ten.
              I am the last bit of sand you can't get out of your shoe.
            I am the founding father of the phrase "founding father."
          I am an arcade game like Pacman without the little dots.
        I am where those socks vanish off in the laundry.
      I live in the empty space above a decimal point.

I am the redundant coin slot on arcade games.
I am evaporated herbal tea, minus the herbs.
I am the empty pages at the end of the book.

I am the smallest number greater than zero.
      I am the universe with decreasing entropy.
        I am the serial number on a box of cereal.
          I am an annoying series of email messages.
            I am a little puffy cloud you see at 5pm.
              I am the color only blind people can see.
                I am the 43 1/3rd state, next to Wyoming.

I am the lint in the navel of the mites that eat the lint in the navel of the mites that eat the lint in my navel.

I am the parsley on the plate of your life.
I am the little pebble in your shoe.

I am the "ooo" in varooom of race cars.
I am this really, really tall mountain.

I am neither a particle nor a wave.
I am where the buses hide at night.
I was last seen in Omaha, Nebraska.

I am why doctors ask you to cough.
I am the sales tax on happiness.
I am a pickle without the bumps.

I am a sentient vacuum cleaner.
I am the "een" in baleen whale.
I use two bathtubs at once.

I am an apostrophe on drugs.
I am the yin without yang.
I am the echo of silence.
I am toast without bread.
I am why ducks eat trees.

I am the donut hole.
I am the whole donut.
I never sleep.

Is this just a abstract answer that really means i don't know or i'm not sure?