Page 5 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 9:49 am

WP is not dead by any means.

We’re like brothers and sisters who get into epic arguments and seem to really dislike each other.....but will defend WP to the Hilt if WP is attacked and assaulted by those outside WP.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 9:59 am

There are lot of aspie Facebook groups and aspies central. There is also aspie subs on Reddit.

Sad to see you go Amity.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:02 am

Amity is a great addition to the Site.

She’s done a lot lately to try to mend fences.

It would be a great loss if she leaves.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 12:44 pm

So far a couple members whom I thought were leaving seem to be sticking around and one of them had decided to withdraw their withdrawing.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 7:44 am

League_Girl wrote:
Amity wrote:
I re read them, still doesnt make sense, have posts been edited?

Sly had been editing his posts because we both got into a political argument and he seems to have edited one of his posts where Alex said he wrote the "N" word. Sly only meant it as an analogy. I didn't see that post so I was lost at what Alex was saying. Then Pepe used the word lynch and Alex thought it was offensive so Pepe posted a lynch photo of a black person and Alex took great offense to that and locked it.

Then it spilled into his other thread "Who wants to be my friend, only say yes if you reply" in The Haven here.

The thread I showed you was unlocked by enviro. Posts may have been getting deleted too by Alex or enviro.

Amity I feel your frustration and disappointment. Seeing this unjust and insensitive, self-righteous, impetuous and yes, unfounded attack on Sly was nothing less than cruel. Sly, made an analogy which would have been clear to anyone fair and impartial, stating along the lines that calling him a racist would be as heinous and hurtful as he imagined a person of colour would feel if called the "n" word.

This statement in itself shows a great degree of empathy on Sly's part, identifying with the pain of someone who was actually called the dreadful "n" word. Illustrates that he is far from being racist.

You probably have caught up by now with all that has transpired, and it is already rather old news. I however am still in a state of shock at the ease with which someone with an inflated sense of self and total lack of accountability can publicly and without remorse, shame and crush a vulnerable member for all to see, who just happens to be at the wrong end of the political spectrum.

I myself am neither "left" nor "right" in my beliefs but rather "up." I have an unpopular and passe old fashioned belief in God, and striving for equality, love, compassion and justice for all, is my only moral compass.

Amity you are beautiful and very very kind and I learn much from you.
Don't be disillusioned, for there is always hope for a better tomorrow and many people here have defended the unjustly accused and shamed the shamer, as it should be. I will remain here for the time being and continue to enjoy the wonderful tenants whom I love dearly, despite having completely lost faith in the long-absent landlord.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Aug 2020, 7:55 am

Viewing it from the other side now - Mods need to deal with spammers and sock puppets all the time, to the point where there can be no resources left for resolving conflicts :(
I hope we grow in number soon. It should be easier then.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 8:12 am

magz wrote:
Viewing it from the other side now - Mods need to deal with spammers and sock puppets all the time, to the point where there can be no resources left for resolving conflicts :(

This is very true Magz, thank you for that well needed reminder.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 12:34 pm

Teach51 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Amity wrote:

Sly had been editing his posts because we both got into a political argument and he seems to have edited one of his posts where Alex said he wrote the "N" word. Sly only meant it as an analogy. I didn't see that post so I was lost at what Alex was saying. Then Pepe used the word lynch and Alex thought it was offensive so Pepe posted a lynch photo of a black person and Alex took great offense to that and locked it.

Then it spilled into his other thread "Who wants to be my friend, only say yes if you reply" in The Haven here.

The thread I showed you was unlocked by enviro. Posts may have been getting deleted too by Alex or enviro.

Amity I feel your frustration and disappointment. Seeing this unjust and insensitive, self-righteous, impetuous and yes, unfounded attack on Sly was nothing less than cruel. Sly, made an analogy which would have been clear to anyone fair and impartial, stating along the lines that calling him a racist would be as heinous and hurtful as he imagined a person of colour would feel if called the "n" word.

This statement in itself shows a great degree of empathy on Sly's part, identifying with the pain of someone who was actually called the dreadful "n" word. Illustrates that he is far from being racist.

You probably have caught up by now with all that has transpired, and it is already rather old news. I however am still in a state of shock at the ease with which someone with an inflated sense of self and total lack of accountability can publicly and without remorse, shame and crush a vulnerable member for all to see, who just happens to be at the wrong end of the political spectrum.

I myself am neither "left" nor "right" in my beliefs but rather "up." I have an unpopular and passe old fashioned belief in God, and striving for equality, love, compassion and justice for all, is my only moral compass.

Don't be disillusioned, for there is always hope for a better tomorrow and many people here have defended the unjustly accused and shamed the shamer, as it should be. I will remain here for the time being and continue to enjoy the wonderful tenants whom I love dearly, despite having completely lost faith in the long-absent landlord.

Did you actually see the post he wrote?

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 12:58 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Amity wrote:

Did you actually see the post he wrote?

I believe I did LG. I believe he was misinterpreted entirely.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 3:28 pm

magz wrote:

People must really love this place that they would create a sock puppet to continue posting here after they were banned.

Only time I have ever created one was to contact the mods here because using the Contact Us button is useless since Alex never gets any messages from there and two, mods would never send you an email to tell you why you are banned and the fact it wouldn't say how long your ban will last for. It would just say something like "you have been banned from viewing and from visiting this forum." And there would be no reason listed for the ban.

There is no other contact listed like mod email and stuff.

I don't think the old staff team understood that coming to a forum and finding you are banned is very upsetting and you have no idea what you did wrong because of no reason listed. Same as the fact you can feel targeted and piled up on when you are banned.

I remember in the past sometimes banned members would come back and spam this place out of anger and it just made it look like that was why they were banned in the first place.

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2020, 6:48 pm

Good... grief...

Just spent several hours reading this thread and the last 30-40 pages of the monster thread

Directed at everybody, in general:

Don't leave. Your posts are appreciated. You are appreciated. Whether I agree with your politics or not.

We'll get through this.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 12:33 am

Well friends, I have been issued a warning directly from Alex to drop this issue. I will lay low for a while, till I cool down, otherwise I will be banned. In the meantime you all take care of yourselves. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 12:48 am

Teach51 wrote:
Well friends, I have been issued a warning directly from Alex to drop this issue. I will lay low for a while, till I cool down, otherwise I will be banned. In the meantime you all take care of yourselves. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ahhh.
So you were told why.
I am not sure, but I think it might be a 3 strikes and you are out for a period of time.
I don't know what you have to do to get a permanent ban, though.

BTW, anyone seen Ferris lately? :mrgreen:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 1:02 am

Pepe wrote:

Bad skunk, no discussing banned members.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 2:17 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I don't know if he is.
I am in a different time zone to him.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 2:39 am

Pepe wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I don't know if he is.
I am in a different time zone to him.

Maybe HE doesn't know if he is (based on another thread of yours)...