Thought I was going to get a date but life said no

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2016
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Posts: 680
Location: Iowa

16 Nov 2020, 11:07 am

You should try to find her on social media, perhaps to see if she's even real. Do people in Texas generally get paid on Tuesdays? It's usually Fridays here.



SportsGamer35728
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 6 Oct 2015
Posts: 290
Location: Vice City

16 Nov 2020, 11:12 am

Clueless2017 wrote:
When i recommend to you--male Aspies-- to keep your eyes open, i mean keep your eyes open for this special women...They are a rare species, but they are out there...She is highly intuitive...Not at all superficial...You will find one in every one or two hundred...She is probably an innate teacher; if not a nurse, surely a care-taker; maybe a therapist by vocation...Once you have detected her, stay in her 'radar'...Breath deeply and relax...Stay cool...And let her approach you...Her empathetic energy will feel attracted to your kind heart...(From what i have read, most Aspies have a kind heart)...Let her find you...

She will not think that you are creepy...She will not find you repulsive...To her, you are mysterious, like an enigma for her to solve...She will want to know you...Don't run away!! !...She is also at a quest...But she does not knows this...She is on a quest for a wounded soul to help heal...That wounded sould could be you... :wink:

By now you are probably wondering why she would choose YOU instead of other more 'attractive' suiters...(By the way, those more 'attractive' suiters have always wanted her; but she has never wanted them)...If you ask her, she will say that they don't need her...Because she needs to feel needed in order to feel happy...[Don't ever tell her that i told you this; but it is true]...With you by her side, her quest will end...With you she will feel important, according to her own altruistic definition of "important"...And know that as independent as you may be...As self-sufficient as you may be...You also need her...

And please don't be discouraged if she does not notices you immediately...She is usually very busy with some altruistic endeavor...Just keep putting yourself in her radar...Give her a reasonable period of time for her to find you...As to me...It took me about three months to finally notice my now beloved (Aspie) husband...And he was my Professor!! ! 8O

Interesting considering I tend to gravitate toward more superficial women :P



Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 528
Location: California

16 Nov 2020, 11:33 am

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
When i recommend to you--male Aspies-- to keep your eyes open, i mean keep your eyes open for this special women...They are a rare species, but they are out there...She is highly intuitive...Not at all superficial...You will find one in every one or two hundred...She is probably an innate teacher; if not a nurse, surely a care-taker; maybe a therapist by vocation...Once you have detected her, stay in her 'radar'...Breath deeply and relax...Stay cool...And let her approach you...Her empathetic energy will feel attracted to your kind heart...(From what i have read, most Aspies have a kind heart)...Let her find you...

She will not think that you are creepy...She will not find you repulsive...To her, you are mysterious, like an enigma for her to solve...She will want to know you...Don't run away!! !...She is also at a quest...But she does not knows this...She is on a quest for a wounded soul to help heal...That wounded sould could be you... :wink:

By now you are probably wondering why she would choose YOU instead of other more 'attractive' suiters...(By the way, those more 'attractive' suiters have always wanted her; but she has never wanted them)...If you ask her, she will say that they don't need her...Because she needs to feel needed in order to feel happy...[Don't ever tell her that i told you this; but it is true]...With you by her side, her quest will end...With you she will feel important, according to her own altruistic definition of "important"...And know that as independent as you may be...As self-sufficient as you may be...You also need her...

And please don't be discouraged if she does not notices you immediately...She is usually very busy with some altruistic endeavor...Just keep putting yourself in her radar...Give her a reasonable period of time for her to find you...As to me...It took me about three months to finally notice my now beloved (Aspie) husband...And he was my Professor!! ! 8O

Interesting considering I tend to gravitate toward more superficial women :P


... ... ...
Be careful...Superficial women tend to care about the balance in your bank account, your material possessions, your ranking in popularity, and what others think of YOU...Those women are better suited with an overt narcissist...(No offense intended)...In my opinion, these two kinds, complement each other really well...But an Aspie should definitely stay away from superficial women...



SportsGamer35728
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 6 Oct 2015
Posts: 290
Location: Vice City

16 Nov 2020, 11:46 am

Clueless2017 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
When i recommend to you--male Aspies-- to keep your eyes open, i mean keep your eyes open for this special women...They are a rare species, but they are out there...She is highly intuitive...Not at all superficial...You will find one in every one or two hundred...She is probably an innate teacher; if not a nurse, surely a care-taker; maybe a therapist by vocation...Once you have detected her, stay in her 'radar'...Breath deeply and relax...Stay cool...And let her approach you...Her empathetic energy will feel attracted to your kind heart...(From what i have read, most Aspies have a kind heart)...Let her find you...

She will not think that you are creepy...She will not find you repulsive...To her, you are mysterious, like an enigma for her to solve...She will want to know you...Don't run away!! !...She is also at a quest...But she does not knows this...She is on a quest for a wounded soul to help heal...That wounded sould could be you... :wink:

By now you are probably wondering why she would choose YOU instead of other more 'attractive' suiters...(By the way, those more 'attractive' suiters have always wanted her; but she has never wanted them)...If you ask her, she will say that they don't need her...Because she needs to feel needed in order to feel happy...[Don't ever tell her that i told you this; but it is true]...With you by her side, her quest will end...With you she will feel important, according to her own altruistic definition of "important"...And know that as independent as you may be...As self-sufficient as you may be...You also need her...

And please don't be discouraged if she does not notices you immediately...She is usually very busy with some altruistic endeavor...Just keep putting yourself in her radar...Give her a reasonable period of time for her to find you...As to me...It took me about three months to finally notice my now beloved (Aspie) husband...And he was my Professor!! ! 8O

Interesting considering I tend to gravitate toward more superficial women :P


... ... ...
Be careful...Superficial women tend to care about the balance in your bank account, your material possessions, your ranking in popularity, and what others think of YOU...Those women are better suited with an overt narcissist...(No offense intended)...In my opinion, these two kinds, complement each other really well...But an Aspie should definitely stay away from superficial women...

Thanks but definitely easier said than done in this case considering how well I got along with the cheerleaders/athletic/popular girls growing up :P



Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 528
Location: California

16 Nov 2020, 12:47 pm

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
When i recommend to you--male Aspies-- to keep your eyes open, i mean keep your eyes open for this special women...They are a rare species, but they are out there...She is highly intuitive...Not at all superficial...You will find one in every one or two hundred...She is probably an innate teacher; if not a nurse, surely a care-taker; maybe a therapist by vocation...Once you have detected her, stay in her 'radar'...Breath deeply and relax...Stay cool...And let her approach you...Her empathetic energy will feel attracted to your kind heart...(From what i have read, most Aspies have a kind heart)...Let her find you...

She will not think that you are creepy...She will not find you repulsive...To her, you are mysterious, like an enigma for her to solve...She will want to know you...Don't run away!! !...She is also at a quest...But she does not knows this...She is on a quest for a wounded soul to help heal...That wounded sould could be you... :wink:

By now you are probably wondering why she would choose YOU instead of other more 'attractive' suiters...(By the way, those more 'attractive' suiters have always wanted her; but she has never wanted them)...If you ask her, she will say that they don't need her...Because she needs to feel needed in order to feel happy...[Don't ever tell her that i told you this; but it is true]...With you by her side, her quest will end...With you she will feel important, according to her own altruistic definition of "important"...And know that as independent as you may be...As self-sufficient as you may be...You also need her...

And please don't be discouraged if she does not notices you immediately...She is usually very busy with some altruistic endeavor...Just keep putting yourself in her radar...Give her a reasonable period of time for her to find you...As to me...It took me about three months to finally notice my now beloved (Aspie) husband...And he was my Professor!! ! 8O

Interesting considering I tend to gravitate toward more superficial women :P


... ... ...
Be careful...Superficial women tend to care about the balance in your bank account, your material possessions, your ranking in popularity, and what others think of YOU...Those women are better suited with an overt narcissist...(No offense intended)...In my opinion, these two kinds, complement each other really well...But an Aspie should definitely stay away from superficial women...

Thanks but definitely easier said than done in this case considering how well I got along with the cheerleaders/athletic/popular girls growing up :P


... ... ...
Don't be misled...The altruistic gal i am referring to above, in her youth was also part of the in-crowd...Valedictorian of her 8th grade class, she presided the commencement ceremony...An innate leader, who others look upon for guidance...Her best friend was the Regional Spelling Bee Winner...She (ME) ranked 1st academically in high school...Graduated with distinction, which is higher than honors, from college and university...(Not surprisingly, she fell in love with her Aspie's logical brain :D )...

She grew-up to become very popular, yet never lost her altruistic heart...She wanted to make her societal contribution...And she did, in the legal profession for one decade, where she found her niche working for the disadvantaged...Later in life, when she wanted more balance in her life, she became a Substitute Teacher...There, for appx. one decade, she became a positive influence in the life of many youngsters...And it was while volunteering her time to a noble cause when she met he who became her beloved husband... :heart: :heart: :heart:

So, please don't be misled by appearances as these can be deceiving...Look for the motive...On my behalf, i must say that i did not 'settle' for an Aspie husband, as some ill-intended people may think...In my youth and even later in life, i had options...But i am glad i waited until later in life when one invariably chooses better...And i did...My beloved (Aspie) husband is my dream come true...

Looking back, i am elated that other attempts in my search for love failed grossly...Because as difficult as communicating with my Aspie husband has been, i cannot imagine myself with anybody else...In my neuro-diverse marriage, communication and emotional connection is a daily struggle..But totally worthwhile when we do achieve it...Again, best wishes in your quest for true love...Who knows, maybe God will bless you with an innate cheerleader, to cheer you up in your low points in life...Many blessings your way... :wink:



Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,125
Location: The Vile Belt

16 Nov 2020, 4:21 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
You should try to find her on social media, perhaps to see if she's even real. Do people in Texas generally get paid on Tuesdays? It's usually Fridays here.


Not me. I have to wait until Wednesdays.



Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,125
Location: The Vile Belt

16 Nov 2020, 7:29 pm

This person also only had a first name so I highly doubt I could find her on social media.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,282
Location: Queens, NYC

16 Nov 2020, 7:30 pm

Most people in the US get paid every other Friday.



Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,125
Location: The Vile Belt

16 Nov 2020, 8:33 pm

I used to think I got paid every week and would spend constantly until I found out it was every other week I got paid. That’s partly why my finances aren’t the best.

I know a couple who live in poverty in one of the impoverished areas of my area. I actually saw them for the first time in years when I left work a while ago but they either didn’t recognize me or are social distancing. Dating expectations are different in their world.



sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 718
Location: United Kingdom Dorset

17 Nov 2020, 7:48 am

Marknis wrote:
I was always told things like “Good things come to those who wait.”, “God is writing your love story.”, “Your time will come.”, “Women get tired of the ‘bad boys’ and settle down with the ‘nice guys’.”, “It’ll happen when you least expect it.”, and “It’ll happen when you stop looking.” All of those sayings just fueled me with false hope and disappointment.



I understand! theirs plenty of women out there that do want a man like yourself! i'd guess all you can do now is next time you'll arrange to meet someone, just pay for your own expenses and let them pay for theirs. Or if a date goes well and you're in agreement, go halves.

I was catfished over three years ago and the man lied about his age and occupation but luckily after investigating i found out and he's since scarpered since the authorities were alerted. Luckily i've never had anyone ask me for money or bank details. Unfortunately people pray on others for scams and get you at a vulnerable state. It's good to never give up on love but at the same time, listen to your intuition and guard your heart. I hope you'll won't allow this to affect you, if anyone should feel bad is the women that did that to you! i'm sorry to hear that!



SportsGamer35728
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 6 Oct 2015
Posts: 290
Location: Vice City

17 Nov 2020, 8:41 am

Clueless2017 wrote:
Who knows, maybe God will bless you with an innate cheerleader, to cheer you up in your low points in life...Many blessings your way... :wink:

Interesting you should bring this up, as I also find goth/emo/punk women attractive partially because I want to lift their spirits.



Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 528
Location: California

17 Nov 2020, 7:37 pm

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
Who knows, maybe God will bless you with an innate cheerleader, to cheer you up in your low points in life...Many blessings your way... :wink:

Interesting you should bring this up, as I also find goth/emo/punk women attractive partially because I want to lift their spirits.


... ... ...
That dynamic may work, too...Men and women were purposely created different to complement one another like two pieces of a puzzle...

I am all emotions; while my husband is all logic...I am petite, and lately fragile health-wise; my husband has a strong athletic built...He is very good working with his hands in hard labor; i am excellent with paperwork, problem-solving, legalese inclusive...He lives very much in the present; i am always planning for our future...He is good with detail; i am a global-thinker...And the marked differences go on and on...

However, we are united in our worship to the Almighty God...And this is our special bond...We are very blessed to complement each other so well... :heart: :heart: :heart:



Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,995
Location: Maidstone, UK

17 Nov 2020, 8:18 pm

Clueless2017 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
Who knows, maybe God will bless you with an innate cheerleader, to cheer you up in your low points in life...Many blessings your way... :wink:

Interesting you should bring this up, as I also find goth/emo/punk women attractive partially because I want to lift their spirits.


... ... ...
That dynamic may work, too...Men and women were purposely created different to complement one another like two pieces of a puzzle...

I am all emotions; while my husband is all logic...I am petite, and lately fragile health-wise; my husband has a strong athletic built...He is very good working with his hands in hard labor; i am excellent with paperwork, problem-solving, legalese inclusive...He lives very much in the present; i am always planning for our future...He is good with detail; i am a global-thinker...And the marked differences go on and on...

However, we are united in our worship to the Almighty God...And this is our special bond...We are very blessed to complement each other so well... :heart: :heart: :heart:


Same with me and my (NT) boyfriend. :)
Except I'm the one with all the emotions while my boyfriend is more of a logical thinker. He likes to drink (but isn't an alcoholic) while I don't drink at all. He's good at logical tasks while I'm good at creative tasks. He enjoys action or war movies while I hate those types but enjoy dramas and comedies. He loves heavy rock music, I love country music. He's into history, while I'm into writing. He can memorize what year a car was made based by its license number (I didn't even know license numbers contained that kind of information), while I am better at remembering people's birthdays. He's from the 70s while I'm a 90s b***h! But our relationship is healthier than some other relationships between NTs. :)


_________________
Female
Aged 30
On antidepressants
Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


SportsGamer35728
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 6 Oct 2015
Posts: 290
Location: Vice City

17 Nov 2020, 8:55 pm

Clueless2017 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
Who knows, maybe God will bless you with an innate cheerleader, to cheer you up in your low points in life...Many blessings your way... :wink:

Interesting you should bring this up, as I also find goth/emo/punk women attractive partially because I want to lift their spirits.


... ... ...
That dynamic may work, too...Men and women were purposely created different to complement one another like two pieces of a puzzle...

I am all emotions; while my husband is all logic...I am petite, and lately fragile health-wise; my husband has a strong athletic built...He is very good working with his hands in hard labor; i am excellent with paperwork, problem-solving, legalese inclusive...He lives very much in the present; i am always planning for our future...He is good with detail; i am a global-thinker...And the marked differences go on and on...

However, we are united in our worship to the Almighty God...And this is our special bond...We are very blessed to complement each other so well... :heart: :heart: :heart:

Part of the reason I'm also into athletic/cheerleader type girls is to complement my typical Aspie clumsiness :lol:



Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 528
Location: California

17 Nov 2020, 9:26 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
Who knows, maybe God will bless you with an innate cheerleader, to cheer you up in your low points in life...Many blessings your way... :wink:

Interesting you should bring this up, as I also find goth/emo/punk women attractive partially because I want to lift their spirits.


... ... ...
That dynamic may work, too...Men and women were purposely created different to complement one another like two pieces of a puzzle...

I am all emotions; while my husband is all logic...I am petite, and lately fragile health-wise; my husband has a strong athletic built...He is very good working with his hands in hard labor; i am excellent with paperwork, problem-solving, legalese inclusive...He lives very much in the present; i am always planning for our future...He is good with detail; i am a global-thinker...And the marked differences go on and on...

However, we are united in our worship to the Almighty God...And this is our special bond...We are very blessed to complement each other so well... :heart: :heart: :heart:


Same with me and my (NT) boyfriend. :)
Except I'm the one with all the emotions while my boyfriend is more of a logical thinker. He likes to drink (but isn't an alcoholic) while I don't drink at all. He's good at logical tasks while I'm good at creative tasks. He enjoys action or war movies while I hate those types but enjoy dramas and comedies. He loves heavy rock music, I love country music. He's into history, while I'm into writing. He can memorize what year a car was made based by its license number (I didn't even know license numbers contained that kind of information), while I am better at remembering people's birthdays. He's from the 70s while I'm a 90s b***h! But our relationship is healthier than some other relationships between NTs. :)



Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 528
Location: California

17 Nov 2020, 9:34 pm

Clueless2017 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Clueless2017 wrote:
Who knows, maybe God will bless you with an innate cheerleader, to cheer you up in your low points in life...Many blessings your way... :wink:

Interesting you should bring this up, as I also find goth/emo/punk women attractive partially because I want to lift their spirits.


... ... ...
That dynamic may work, too...Men and women were purposely created different to complement one another like two pieces of a puzzle...

I am all emotions; while my husband is all logic...I am petite, and lately fragile health-wise; my husband has a strong athletic built...He is very good working with his hands in hard labor; i am excellent with paperwork, problem-solving, legalese inclusive...He lives very much in the present; i am always planning for our future...He is good with detail; i am a global-thinker...And the marked differences go on and on...

However, we are united in our worship to the Almighty God...And this is our special bond...We are very blessed to complement each other so well... :heart: :heart: :heart:


Same with me and my (NT) boyfriend. :)
Except I'm the one with all the emotions while my boyfriend is more of a logical thinker. He likes to drink (but isn't an alcoholic) while I don't drink at all. He's good at logical tasks while I'm good at creative tasks. He enjoys action or war movies while I hate those types but enjoy dramas and comedies. He loves heavy rock music, I love country music. He's into history, while I'm into writing. He can memorize what year a car was made based by its license number (I didn't even know license numbers contained that kind of information), while I am better at remembering people's birthdays. He's from the 70s while I'm a 90s b***h! But our relationship is healthier than some other relationships between NTs. :)

... ... ...

Thank you for sharing...Your relationship and my marriage are tangible proof that the success of a relationship is not dependant on the biological 'tools' that we are born with or lacking...Ultimately, it comes down to how we put to use (or apply) the 'tools' we each are 'equipped with'...

I feel for some NT couples who have everything to succeed in their relationships; yet they fail...Because they don't use or misuse the biological 'tools' they were born with...Am i making any sense???...I mean, the more i think about this, the more blessed that i feel with my beloved (Aspie) husband... :heart:

Best regards to you and your boyfriend...Good night... :D