Bad health and computer glitches are so discouraging

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 6:54 am

Bad health and computer glitches are so discouraging when they intersect.
:x
With having neurological, endocrine, mitochondrial, diseases and the new neurologist thinks an autoimmune disease too, plus a few musculoskeletal defects, my body can be difficult to get along with at times.
Sometimes really difficult to get along with.

This week is being one of those times.

And then ...

Night before last, just before going to go try to sleep, I see the PC is doing an up date of the internet security program.
It is at the stage of removing old versions of the program.
Okay, that's happening and life goes on.

I put YouTube on an endless live stream of calm piano music & then go lie down, hoping, praying, it won't be another night of what the disability community calls painsomnia.

It was not my lucky night.
Totally not.

But up the up side, I managed to not have to go to the ER after all.
:| And since our farm burg's rural hospital suddenly closed back in January that would have meant a 30 mile trip to the nearby small city.

And I end up sleeping quite a bit during the day yesterday; broken sleep in bits and pieces in between my body being difficult to get along with in several ways.

Sometime yesterday evening I go back to the PC to find some distraction.

Say What???? It has a window up saying that Windows security programs need attention and the PC is unprotected.
:?: 8O :?:

And then I discover the internet security program is gone. just not there any more.

Ahh $^&*^%%$ :!: :!: :!:

So I unplug it from the internet & fire up the laptop my parents gave me Christmas before last.
Eventually find on the internet security program company's website support forum posts from up to 3 years ago about updates sometimes glitching and removing the entire program instead of merely out of date versions.

Ya know, I've had that with other companies programs in years past, so there's no point in switching companies because I'm mad at them.

Grumble grumble.

Well now what :?:
And what to do about it while my body is being difficult to get along with in several different ways :?:

I don't really want to put a mostly unprotected PC back on the internet to go to the security company's website and re-download the program.

:arrow: But ... the thing has already been attached to the internet unprotected for a whole night and day, anyway.
(and no telling what might have gottten in to it during that time)

So I look in downloads folder and the install stuff from 2019 is still there.
Okay, run that, and get the program back in.

Grumble, now it is going to have to take the time to do a year's worth of updates.
:evil:
But ...

It ends up stuck in "Mute Mode" for gaming and won't update.
:evil:
I turn off mute mode.
it goes right back in to mute mode.
:(
I turn off mute mode.
I turn off mute mode.
I turn off mute mode.

WTF :?: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I get on the internet security program's support form via the laptop, log in.
(Lord I HATE having to have logins for every blinkin thing you do on the web)
:evil: :evil:
And post a complaint.

Okay, great, and my defective body is sending me back to bed. :cry: :(

:evil: :cry: And I am like 3 nanoseconds from full meltdown mode. :cry: :evil:

Well, before I go to bed, let's set the PC's internet security to do a full scan.

So ...

Now it is 05:40 the next morning and I and I get up and find the PC went in to sleep mode with the full scan only 16% done.

Ahh ^&**^^ :evil: :evil:

My defective body is being a total bastard right now and I haven't got anything left for dealing with the PC security fubar.

Someone else is going to have to deal with it.

Except ...

I live alone in a little farm burg and there is no one else here to deal with it.

Ahh #$%%$ :evil: :evil: :evil: