Sad to see neighbor who lost her interest

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2021, 12:27 pm

Hi:
I happened walk by a neighbor last night who had her recently lost her interest in associating with me. That is, she and him walk around the neighborhood every night. I used to walk and talk with them as well, until she started acting really funny with me a few months ago.

1. She seemed annoyed whenever I approached her them, but maybe she felt I was budding in her I did something else that bothered her.

2. I tried to invite her to a few things but she made some excuses

3. She also started letting me know that she did not want me to walk with them by making excuses that she is tired of her dog always barking at me because he "Does not like me." When I told her she was being rude, she did not respond.

When I saw her walking last night, we just avoided and ignored each other. Meanwhile, she and my other casual friend just kept walking and talking. I know they were not talking about me, rather it was a closed conversation. Though I have done my best to avoid them, it made me sad last night. I went inside and cried about it.

Still, we never had a close relationship but this is someone who seemed to understand autism.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2021, 7:21 pm

I have experienced this as well; I used to see, visit, go for rides with, buy meals for someone I like very much.
Then, a couple of months ago, she was sick in bed for a few weeks; now I don’t really see her at all.
I’ve called, and she is not really interested in anything, says she does not ‘feel like it’.
I want to believe it is a fear of Covid, but I do not really think so.
Hurts.
And it is lonely.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2021, 9:35 pm

I miss communicated

Her, the neighbour with her dogs, is the one who decided she does not like me

He, is my casual friend who is autistic.

I walked by them last and ignored her stupid barking dogs and just kept walking.

Ever since I found out that she is not interested in having me walk in the group , I either
A. Find other people to talk to, while ignoring her. Meanwhile, my casual friend is welcome to come over and say hi. He is still interested.
B. I find another time to come home when she is not out

Bottom line, I figure if she is going to be a jerk to me, then I don’t need to invest my time.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 5:28 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Bottom line, I figure if she is going to be a jerk to me, then I don’t need to invest my time.

This is a good takeaway. It's always sad and a bit confusing when this stuff happens, whether your NT or ND and if the other person isn't honest enough to tell you what the problem is, then you're always second-guessing them. It's hard, especially if you enjoy the other person and feel you've invested in them, but the best thing you can do is realise it's not your fault and move on.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 10:46 am

I sure will

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 10:51 am

Life is too short to be friends with jerks.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 10:52 am

I am sorry you are being treated the way you are, Summer_Twilight. :(

What happened to your MLP avatar?

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 3:14 pm

I agree about the avatar.
I sadly agree that if and when someone no longer wants to be friends, there is no more friendship to hold on to
The former friend made the decision to end the friendship rather than talk about what is/was wrong.
Neither you nor I can do anything about that person’s decision.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2021, 12:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
Life is too short to be friends with jerks.

You are right and I am not about to be a willing victim for this woman but now that I think about it, she has the tendency to be on the weird side.

There were times where she would talk to me in a patronizing manner and I would ask her to stop