Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2021, 11:40 am

I'm 64. There's more of a physical, than intellectual, decline going on with me. Nowadays if I walk more than a short distance,or stand up too long, my lower back really hurts.

There's always been a distinct adaptive functioning < intelligence level thing going on with me. That may,or may not, have got a little worse.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2021, 1:24 pm

vitamins to boost cognitive function .

zinc
magnesium
fish oil
vitamin b12

ginseng even ( but do your research on on off scheduled intake 8) )

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 9:58 am

In my very late 20's my short term memory was minimal and my ASD symptoms skyrocketed. Turned out to be gut related - antibiotics, diet, pharmaceuticals, mineral deficiencies etc. I changed everything with diet/natural medicine, healed and rebalanced my gut, used epsom salts on my skin for the minerals to detox food acids etc etc and bounced WAY back and farther forward into the NT realm than ever. If I hadn't, I'd have deteriorated far worse in my 30's.

All that said, if *I* were in your shoes I'd consider putting myself on a super strict healthy diet for at least several months and see if I noticed improvements in all the areas you're concerned about.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 10:45 am

I know the feeling. During stressful times of my life, it's like my IQ falls 20 points. It's a nasty little twist- we're least able to cope when we need to be able to cope.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 12:35 pm

Opportunities for enhancing brain health across the lifespan

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals ... 3B5510B8B7

Blueberry_Muffin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jul 2021, 7:07 pm

I also failed as an adult, but I don't really care anymore. It is what it is.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 8:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
Thanks guys, I feel better that I’m not alone, there other people like me on this GREAT website, too bad we never going meet. I had a meltdown, I was changing my cat litter box & I lost it, I been having trouble changing her litter box, I been getting anxiety, getting pain & now that, summer is here, it can make everything more worse. I HATE summer, I have Psoriasis & turning on lights, makes it a little hot, it can hurt my stomach too, I don’t put on too much light, my hallway light seems very strong for me, I wish I don’t have to turn it on, but I do when I have to go to the bathroom, at least I’m saving money on electricity. Anyway back to my meltdown, I was changing my cat litter box, giving her new cat liners for the box, I was hysterical crying & having a very bad anxiety, I was in my wheelchair. I said to myself, my cat deserves better than me, I’m a bad mamma.

Hang in there sis. Do you have a support group or family you can talk to?

No support group, only you guys. I can’t talk to my family, they wouldn’t understand, the only person that understood was my mom, I don’t have her anymore. I have some friends here in my town, but we don’t talk to much or I’m not in the mood to talk.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 9:36 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Here, we are transitioning from two independent adults to one growing senile and the other taking more and more responsibilty. He used to do the litter box chore but is forgetting it or doing it wrong, so I have to take that over too. One thing that makes a difference is using a long-handled scooper. I can reach the box more easily from my mobility scooter with that.

If your cat is still affectionate with you, then you are probably a very good cat momma.

My cat is affectionate with me, she is very demanding, she gives me head bumps, I try my best to give her alot of attention, if she wants more attention, she put her paw on my shoulder. I guess I’m good, I always make sure, she has can & dry food, I filled up her bowl with fresh water today, her water was foggy, dusty, but I’m worse with her litter box. How can she still love me? I always yell at her, I been apologizing to her lately.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 9:48 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Here, we are transitioning from two independent adults to one growing senile and the other taking more and more responsibilty. He used to do the litter box chore but is forgetting it or doing it wrong, so I have to take that over too. One thing that makes a difference is using a long-handled scooper. I can reach the box more easily from my mobility scooter with that.

If your cat is still affectionate with you, then you are probably a very good cat momma.

My cat is affectionate with me, she is very demanding, she gives me head bumps, I try my best to give her alot of attention, if she wants more attention, she put her paw on my shoulder. I guess I’m good, I always make sure, she has can & dry food, I filled up her bowl with fresh water today, her water was foggy, dusty, but I’m worse with her litter box. How can she still love me? I always yell at her, I been apologizing to her lately.

Because you're her hooman, just like with little kids and their parents she loves you unconditionally because she can't conceive of someone taking your place.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 9:59 pm

Being an adult has SOOOOOOO MUCH Responsibility, taking care of my cat, reading my mail, deleting emails, I still haven’t taken the vaccination. There are alot of stuff that I should know, how to take care of the refrigerator, what temperature it needs, I don’t know about the dial in the refrigerator, I don’ know about the water heater or the main heater, I don’t know anything, I’m very stupid. I hate living alone. I had a small kitchen fire, this is my second one, I don’t want to use my stove again, I wish I can turn off the fire in the thing, where you light the fire.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 10:03 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:

Because you're her hooman, just like with little kids and their parents she loves you unconditionally because she can't conceive of someone taking your place.

What a hooman? I heard it before, I don’t know what it means.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2021, 10:16 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
What a hooman? I heard it before, I don’t know what it means.

It's what pets call people, because they're cute.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 10:12 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:

Aw, she sounds cute. I liked the part about head bumps and the paw on your shoulder. My cats do that, too!

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 6:48 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
In my very late 20's my short term memory was minimal and my ASD symptoms skyrocketed. Turned out to be gut related - antibiotics, diet, pharmaceuticals, mineral deficiencies etc. I changed everything with diet/natural medicine, healed and rebalanced my gut, used epsom salts on my skin for the minerals to detox food acids etc etc and bounced WAY back and farther forward into the NT realm than ever. If I hadn't, I'd have deteriorated far worse in my 30's.

All that said, if *I* were in your shoes I'd consider putting myself on a super strict healthy diet for at least several months and see if I noticed improvements in all the areas you're concerned about.

Are you saying my Aspergers are worse, cuz of food I eat?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 6:53 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:

Aw, she sounds cute. I liked the part about head bumps and the paw on your shoulder. My cats do that, too!

I think head bumps showing love. I’m on I heart cats on Facebook.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 6:45 pm

I’m having another hard day, I just want to die.