Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 9:27 pm

I'm sorry you're going through this, Kitty. I hope tomorrow will be better.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 11:11 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I failed BIG time. I failed myself & my cat. I can’t help it, that how I feel. Maybe I’m more mentally disabled than I thought, I have a learning disability too, I lost words that I once know, I don’t have a very good vocabulary anymore. When I was child, I had trouble reading, my reading level is low, I read books to teach myself, I had a map of the states & time tables too. Now that I’m older, I feel so dumb at times. I have to look up words if I didn’t forget them, I can forget words & numbers very fast. Why is it I was very smart when I was a teenager - my early 40s & I’m not that smart anymore? My Aspergers gotten worse when I was in my 40s, the older I get, the more I lose. I used to be in a dance program, I performed onstage, I was also on TV. I’m almost 51, I feel like a VERY DIFFERENT person, I don’t like it.

And what is the definition of succeeding in life?
Largely, it is about procreation, it seems.

Talk about an epic fail to consider the poor offspring that are force kicking and screaming into this godforsaken existence against their will... 8O

Does it show that I am an atheist and have a heavy nihilistic component in my philosophical outlook? :scratch: :mrgreen:

If society defines who is successful, and who is not,
Society can go suck itself. 8)

neilinmich
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2021, 7:01 am

I also feel like a failed adult. It's like I am forced to get into the adult swimming pool. The NTs invite me into the deep end of the pool because they don't have a problem with it. But that's always where I end up failing, in the deep end of the pool. I'm fine if I stay in the shallow end but the adults think I'm odd.

I have recently had a very positive mood change after sticking with the Mediterranean diet for 9 months. I really think it was eating beans everyday that pushed me off in the right direction. I never wanted to think about the future before, but now I catch myself entertaining ideas about doing new things to help my future (like learning to cook different foods myself, fermenting yogurt and sauerkraut). The point is that I'm considering my future now. It feels great! Our future is where we keep our hope.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 9:01 am

Father= Turned down being British ambassador to Gabon .1996 Atlanta games protocol adviser . Who's who entry since 1978.

Me= No paid work. Couldn't cope with the very little bit of voluntary work I tried. Social housing.Disability benefits.

[

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 7:09 pm

neilinmich wrote:
I also feel like a failed adult. It's like I am forced to get into the adult swimming pool. The NTs invite me into the deep end of the pool because they don't have a problem with it. But that's always where I end up failing, in the deep end of the pool. I'm fine if I stay in the shallow end but the adults think I'm odd.

I have recently had a very positive mood change after sticking with the Mediterranean diet for 9 months. I really think it was eating beans everyday that pushed me off in the right direction. I never wanted to think about the future before, but now I catch myself entertaining ideas about doing new things to help my future (like learning to cook different foods myself, fermenting yogurt and sauerkraut). The point is that I'm considering my future now. It feels great! Our future is where we keep our hope.

You don’t have to listen to them, do what you want to do.