Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2021, 5:43 pm

I just feel awful today . Im home with my siblings but they just do not get me. They wish I was normal

Also I spent most of the day in bed because I felt paralyzed and out of it. I did go out with my sister earlier but that did not go well. She did not want to hear about my stuff and told me I am delusional. That made me angry because I want to be able to trust her. Also she shamed me for having a mental illness. I do not like talking about my mental health with her. I wish she did not need to know about my mental illness and autism because it has made her less understanding. She thinks she is the boss of me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:11 pm

I'm sorry she's not very understanding.

It sounds like a lot of the people around you treat you like a child instead of acknowledging that the impact of stuff like that is way more complicated and that even if it impairs your ability to function it doesn't make you a child or an idiot or inferior.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2021, 8:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

It sounds like a lot of the people around you treat you like a child instead of acknowledging that the impact of stuff like that is way more complicated and that even if it impairs your ability to function it doesn't make you a child or an idiot or inferior.

Yeah. Its frustrating because I have poor communication skills which causes people to not understand what Im trying to say, so self advocacy is not easy. I remember learning about it at school though but everyone else in that class was better at communicating than me. I feel like they treat me like a child because they do not think Im very mature. I may not be able to express myself appropriately every time but I think Im mature enough to be involved in certain discussions.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 9:01 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Yeah. Its frustrating because I have poor communication skills which causes people to not understand what Im trying to say, so self advocacy is not easy. I remember learning about it at school though but everyone else in that class was better at communicating than me. I feel like they treat me like a child because they do not think Im very mature. I may not be able to express myself appropriately every time but I think Im mature enough to be involved in certain discussions.

Definitely. They need to involve you at least enough for you to understand what's going on.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う