Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 6:59 pm

I believe everyone is entitled to a good whinge every once and awhile, so this is mine:

I. HATE. RAGWEED. Yes, it's ragweed season here in Arkansas, and I'm typing between sneezing and coughing fits.

Last year, I was blessedly allergy-free, but I attribute that to having to wear a mask while out and about. Now, I'm fully vaxxed and on the attack, so no more masks for this non-binary entity. Unfortunately, that means I'm getting slammed in the face by pollen.

Think I'm gonna take a bit of a break from WP while being beset by the flora from Hell.

How about the rest of you peeps? Got some seemingly insignificant thing bugging you that you wanna have a good whinge about? Feel free to post it here.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 7:05 pm

We start getting ragweed in September in NY.

My wife gets bad allergies, too.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 7:20 pm

Perhaps you could put the mask back on if it is more beneficial wearing one. I was lucky in that I am not allergic to anything that I know of. I don't have anything to complain about to add to the conversation. Take care during your break from WP.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 8:56 pm

You and me both, XFG

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

salad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:04 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
I believe everyone is entitled to a good whinge every once and awhile, so this is mine:

I. HATE. RAGWEED. Yes, it's ragweed season here in Arkansas, and I'm typing between sneezing and coughing fits.

Last year, I was blessedly allergy-free, but I attribute that to having to wear a mask while out and about. Now, I'm fully vaxxed and on the attack, so no more masks for this non-binary entity. Unfortunately, that means I'm getting slammed in the face by pollen.

Think I'm gonna take a bit of a break from WP while being beset by the flora from Hell.

How about the rest of you peeps? Got some seemingly insignificant thing bugging you that you wanna have a good whinge about? Feel free to post it here.

You really are a warrior and selfless individual; even with all the problems in your life you still refrain from complaining and try to justify a rare vent on a subforum dedicated to venting, and even then you try to make it about others and use your own support thread for others to air their problems.

Much respect to you

Master Oogway

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 5:34 am

Me too.

Take care of yourself.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 8:45 am

You can make yourself immune to it by eating a very small amount of it in several doses.It’s best to do this before it started sending out pollen.You eat the flowering tips before they open.You can pack them in a gelcap if the idea of chewing it sounds too unpalatable.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 8:51 am

When the Santa Ana winds blow down from the desert, they carry all that dust, pollen, and dried lizard sh*t from the desert into the coastal areas.  Thanks (?) to covid, I wore a mask through all of the Santa Ana wind events last year and did not suffer at all.

I think masks are a good idea, whether to fight virii or allergens.  I am going to keep wearing mine whenever needed, regardless of the comments and stares.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Aug 2021, 10:32 am

! magz wrote:
Some posts have been removed.
Reminder of The Haven rules: viewtopic.php?t=297515

Can you wear a mask even with covid risk down? Some people here wear face masks against smog in the winter.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 10:40 am

magz wrote:
[...] Can you wear a mask even with covid risk down? Some people here wear face masks against smog in the winter.
I think that as long as you are not making a withdrawal at a bank, you should be okay.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 12:34 am

My allergies have been brutal this year, ragweed is one of the things I'm allergic to. Somehow I still have allergies even while taking 4 antihistamines a day along with a massive dose of Doxepin, which itself is also an antihistamine. Nose and eyes run like waterfalls. I go through Costco-sized Kleenex boxes left and right lol. I'm sure having a large garden full of flowers in my backyard isn't helping my allergies to pollen.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2021, 4:54 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:

I hate heat and humidity generally. Summer has always been a season I hate. Only good thing is fall my favorite season comes next.

What's your favorite X Files ep? Mine is Humbug ( the one with the sideshow freaks).

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 4:47 pm

I had a really bad time earlier in the summer with ragweed and scotch broom, which they like to plant in the highway median strips around here. I actually had my entire yard ripped out and replaced with rock beds, and that's worked wonders for me around the house, now I just have to be aware when I'm driving to switch on internal air at certain points when I see the median strip turn yellow.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 7:18 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

Ants. I hate them too.