Thought about buying a gun today

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 6:08 pm

This might sound stupid, and maybe it is.. but my thought of the moment:

Buy a plant instead. Like a potted house plant. Something that might flower next Spring maybe.

It'll give you something else to focus on, something to care for, be patient with, watch grow and change - and then blossom. Kinda like people.. patience, persistence, and eventually growth happens.

So many healthy wealthy people choose gardening as a hobby. It's a similar process to wealth building - not that money is the only goal in life.. but, patience, persistence, watching things grow.. bank accounts grow for them, perhaps personal growth and development for you. Worth a try for the price of a plant, or even some seeds, and a few moments of your time each day to water and talk positively to your new botanical friend. :)

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 12:06 am

skibum wrote:
I really went there. I didn't but I wanted to

80% lower is a whole lot more fun anyway.

Like many others here I do believe I shouldn't own one. Studying the designs and history and the historical significance of the influence firearms manufacturing had on industrialization is a lot of fun though.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 5:30 pm

Hi skibum,

I'm not sure whether you meant to suggest that you were having suicidal thoughts, as others assumed. But, if so:

Please stay alive. The autistic community needs you. The autistic community needs more people like you.

Please see also my PM to you.