Page 6 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:36 am

Sounds like you are, Steve.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:42 am

If I'm not, I'm heading in the right direction. It's not only being alone, but moving from an extremely rural house on 12 acres of land to a city of 43,000 people. That's a lot to take in.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 9:46 am

Steve1963 wrote:
I'm currently listening to music, but it's through laptop speakers and it's actually more annoying than helpful. :) I ordered some real speakers and they should be here Friday. I think that'll help.

Quality headphones might be the thing in an apartment situation. 8)

Was your other place a free-standing house with a garden?
If so, think about all the time, effort and expense you are saving by being in a flat. :mrgreen:

I have been trying to reduce the workload of my garden for a couple of years, now.
When I semi-retired, I figured I would get bored if I didn't have work to do around the house.
Boy, was I a silly billy. lol
Every morning, I thank the lord that I didn't buy a corner block with the additional lawn. 8O

Edit:
Enjoy your speakers. :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!

Last edited by Pepe on 07 Sep 2021, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 9:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
LOL....I'm actually a little jealous of you.

I hate hanging around my wife sometimes. She's such a nag. She seeks to control my life.

I was too rational to ever think about getting married.
Seriously.
I can barely look after myself. 8O

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 9:52 am

Steve1963 wrote:
They're in a place called the Wells Fargo Center. I've never been. Saw many a game and lots of concerts at the Spectrum though.

I think I should leave you two alone. 8)

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 9:58 am

Steve1963 wrote:
If I'm not, I'm heading in the right direction. It's not only being alone, but moving from an extremely rural house on 12 acres of land to a city of 43,000 people. That's a lot to take in.

Question answered.

12 acres?
I wanted 100 when I was younger.
I didn't realise the workload that would have meant, back then.
And with the bushfire danger in Australia, it would have been a big mistake.

Also, there would be concerns about ticks, snakes and spiders for my K9 kids.

But bottom line, to each their own. 8)

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 6:33 am

Pepe wrote:
Steve1963 wrote:
I'm currently listening to music, but it's through laptop speakers and it's actually more annoying than helpful. :) I ordered some real speakers and they should be here Friday. I think that'll help.

Quality headphones might be the thing in an apartment situation. 8)

Was your other place a free-standing house with a garden?
If so, think about all the time, effort and expense you are saving by being in a flat. :mrgreen:

I have been trying to reduce the workload of my garden for a couple of years, now.
When I semi-retired, I figured I would get bored if I didn't have work to do around the house.
Boy, was I a silly billy. lol
Every morning, I thank the lord that I didn't buy a corner block with the additional lawn. 8O

Edit:
Enjoy your speakers. :mrgreen:

I'm not saving any money...in fact I'm shelling out more! My wife and kids are still in the house (mortgage) and I'm in an apartment (rent).

The speakers come today. That should help with the silence. Well, that and talking to myself. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 7:34 am

At least you're not kookie like me----I'm known as the Wolfman for a very good reason :P

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 7:35 am

And that reason is???

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:16 am

At my job, I howl and meow in the hallways.

I was written up for it about 30 years ago---but, eventually, they realized that it is all in good fun.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 09 Sep 2021, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:45 am

Just checking in. How are the speakers working?

How is working in the quiet apartment doing?

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 9:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
At my job, I howl and meow in the hallways.

I was written up for it about 30 years ago---but, eventually, they realized that it is all in good fun.

You actually howl? That's awesome. I wish I had the self confidence to do that!

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 9:35 am

blazingstar wrote:

Thanks for checking in. It really means a lot...more than I can express with mere words.

The speakers haven't shown up yet, but they're supposed to show today. Fingers crossed.

Work is so slow and boring right now. So it goes poorly. But I've been keeping myself busy outside of working hours with visiting the kids...AA meetings...things like that.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 9:42 am

Steve1963 wrote:
blazingstar wrote:

Thanks for checking in. It really means a lot...more than I can express with mere words.

The speakers haven't shown up yet, but they're supposed to show today. Fingers crossed.

Work is so slow and boring right now. So it goes poorly. But I've been keeping myself busy outside of working hours with visiting the kids...AA meetings...things like that.

Perhaps you would like to post some of the music you like.
I'll start. 8)

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 9:50 am

The speakers just arrived. Here's the first song they'll be used for:

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 10:12 am

second song:

it's nice having decent sound again :)