Framework for Care of Upset Person

Page 9 of 14 [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:04 pm

magz wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
magz wrote:
You can turn off your signature in a specific post.
I understand, Fnord's suggestion is to always turn them off in The Haven and FXE's idea is - maybe it's possible to disable signatures in The Haven by default or even force hide them by the administrator.
The only concern I have about requiring them to be turned off manually is in a community of people where executive function issues are the norm it might be really hard to find a balance between accommodating that issue and enforcing the rule adequately.
Definitely, enforcing, or even applying such a rule would be hard exactly for this reason. Additionally, many use WP on mobile devices, where it gets even harder.
Yeah, there are drawbacks.

Another way to look at it is that the mods now have a reason to "suggest" someone change their sigline if it is deemed too controversial, even though it may not violate any other rule.

So I will just keep switching mine off when posting in The Haven.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:07 pm

magz wrote:
badRobot wrote:
magz wrote:
badRobot wrote:
Well, I don't do CBT either. But fundamental principles which are foundation of mental health you say against mainstream psychology are part of it.
Can you name these "fundamental principles which are foundation of mental health"?
Hint: making a person uncomfortable to force them to change is not one of them.

We already had this discussion in "biopsychosocial model" thread.

And I'm not making a person uncomfortable, I'm reframing what this person feels uncomfortable about. That's a huuuuuuuuuuge difference you don't understand because you have only surface level grasp in this area.

Ask all the people who asked you to leave their The Haven threads weather you made them uncomfortable or not.

I don't recall a single instance of OP asking me to leave their thread in "The Haven". Every time it was some of your "mean clique" who started all the trouble by aggressive or dismissive remarks or reports or "implementation of the rules" no one asked for.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Oct 2021, 12:10 pm

badRobot wrote:
I don't recall a single instance of OP asking me to leave their thread in "The Haven". Every time it was some of your "mean clique" who started all the trouble by aggressive or dismissive remarks or reports or "implementation of the rules" no one asked for.
Do you know how reports work?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:10 pm

badRobot wrote:
... Every time it was some of your "mean clique" who started all the trouble by aggressive or dismissive remarks or reports or "implementation of the rules" no one asked for.
You seem to have a problem with rules, the people who enforce them, the people who follow them, and the people who report infractions of them.

This is aside from being annoyed when someone refuses to take you seriously.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I didn't know that people could shut off signatures just for certain threads? I thought if you turn them off, they disappear from all threads? Or do you mean people should manually delete (backspace) their signature when in The Haven?  I don't use a signature so maybe I've got this all confused.
Look below the "View more smilies" link, and you will likely see a check-box next to the words "Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)".  Clicking the checkbox puts a white-on-blue checkmark in that box, and allows your sigline to be seen under that post.  Clicking the checkbox to remove the checkmark removes your sigline from that post only.

It is a convenient tool when you do not want attention drawn away from the main body of your post.

Thanks everyone for the info. That's cool. I haven't used a signature in years so I hadn't noticed the check box.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:14 pm

Great ... now I have made yet another person's "List of Detractors".

It is sad, however, that all of those other people with such lists no longer post on WrongPlanet.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Oct 2021, 12:24 pm

Fnord wrote:

It is sad, however, that all of those other people with such lists no longer post on WrongPlanet.

Careful... are you aware of how often people confuse correlation with causation?

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:27 pm

magz wrote:
badRobot wrote:
Do you know how reports work?

Yes, I know how reports work. My posts were removed from "The Haven" like 2, maybe 3 times total. And I honestly don't recall OPs asking me to leave their threads.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:29 pm

Fnord wrote:

What are you talking about? It is your tiny clique attacking me right now. No other users really engage in this "war" of yours.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:30 pm

badRobot wrote:
Yes, I know how reports work. My posts were removed from "The Haven" like 2, maybe 3 times total. And I honestly don't recall OPs asking me to leave their threads.
Quietly clicking the 'Report' button is much more effective than ruining a thread by engaging in an open conflict.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Oct 2021, 12:30 pm

badRobot wrote:

So, you believe you don't make distressed people uncomfortable?

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
badRobot wrote:
Quietly clicking the 'Report' button is much more effective than ruining a thread by engaging in an open conflict.

Yes, but it happened only once in "The Haven" and it was not OP who clicked it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:34 pm

badRobot wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Great ... now I have made yet another person's "List of Detractors".  It is sad, however, that all of those other people with such lists no longer post on WrongPlanet.
What are you talking about? ...
Your roster of alleged members of your imaginary "tiny mean clique".

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Oct 2021, 12:34 pm

badRobot wrote:

How do you know?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:35 pm

badRobot wrote:
Fnord wrote:
badRobot wrote:
Your count may be way off, and there is no rule that says only the OP is allowed to report an offending post.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 12:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
badRobot wrote:
Fnord wrote:
badRobot wrote:
Your count may be way off, and there is no rule that says only the OP is allowed to report an offending post.

No, the idea of hundreds of people being upset by my actions is a figment of your imagination. Fact is my posts upset mostly people now attacking me in this very thread.