Framework for Care of Upset Person

Page 6 of 14 [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:05 am

badRobot wrote:
Fnord wrote:
badRobot wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The collective integrity of the moderators would be undermined by any instance wherein a single moderator rendered a decision based solely on the irrelevant opinions of one member.
Provide reasoning why you think my points on the subject matter are wrong or leave me alone, please.
I never said your points were wrong, just irrelevant.

Your replies to me are irrelevant to the subject matter of my points. Leave me alone.

Are you OK BadRobot?

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:05 am

magz wrote:
You're accusing me of abusing my position again. Because of this accusation, I asked other moderators for reviewing my decisions.

Well, first of all, I have no evidence of any review happening, I have no reason to think there was any discussion, not just passing your judgement to another individual who agrees with you.

Secondly, criticizing behavior is not a personal attack, so I don't find your implementation of the rules warranted at least in the last instance. If there are actually others who agree with you, then I believe they are wrong to support your judgement too.

magz wrote:
If you have specific points that you think remain unanswered, repeat them because I believe all your points have been answered (not necessarily by me but these answers are valid).

Ah, yes, "If I throw you a fish will you leave?" totally makes me feel like my points have been answered. I should reconsider validity of my approach. Are you serious? I'm not going to repeat myself again and again, you know what points I'm talking about and pretending you don't is insulting.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:08 am

babybird wrote:
badRobot wrote:
Fnord wrote:
badRobot wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The collective integrity of the moderators would be undermined by any instance wherein a single moderator rendered a decision based solely on the irrelevant opinions of one member.
Provide reasoning why you think my points on the subject matter are wrong or leave me alone, please.
I never said your points were wrong, just irrelevant.

Your replies to me are irrelevant to the subject matter of my points. Leave me alone.

Are you OK BadRobot?

Yes, I'm OK, thanks for your concern. I understand I'm dealing with toxic behavior and have boundaries set.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:10 am

OK

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:17 am

badRobot wrote:
Ah, yes, "If I throw you a fish will you leave?" totally makes me feel like my points have been answered. I should reconsider validity of my approach. Are you serious? I'm not going to repeat myself again and again, you know what points I'm talking about and pretending you don't is insulting.

How long did you expect me to put up with your belligerence before I chose to disengage and no longer take you seriously?

I posted that sea lion comic hoping you'd take the hint (that your behaviour was beyond what's tolerable), instead you just paraphrased one of his responses without a hint of irony.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:20 am

funeralxempire wrote:
badRobot wrote:
How long did you expect me to put up with your belligerence before I chose to disengage and no longer take you seriously?  I posted that sea lion comic hoping you'd take the hint (that your behaviour was beyond what's tolerable), instead you just paraphrased one of his responses without a hint of irony.
He has been hijacking your thread from the start.  I am somewhat surprised that the moderators are being so patient.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:21 am

funeralxempire wrote:
How long did you expect me to put up with your belligerence before I chose to disengage and no longer take you seriously?

Honest answer? Usually I expect people to pretend they chose to disengage when they are unable to admit they are wrong.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Oct 2021, 10:24 am

There is also another kind of people who can't admit they are wrong...

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:26 am

We were talking about how this framework should be implemented to promote long term helpful outcomes. What specific advise should be given and how limitations of "The Haven" rules stand in the way of helpful outcomes, making implementation of this framework kind of useless.

Then magz showed up and derailed this thread just like she did in the thread that lead to my last ban.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:29 am

magz wrote:
There is also another kind of people who can't admit they are wrong...

How can someone admit they are wrong without any reasoning for the alternative opinion? Explain me why I'm wrong and I will consider my point of view.

Arguments like "If I throw you a fish will you leave?" are not enough to change someone's opinion.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:30 am

Correction: You are talking about how and why you do not like the new rules for The Haven, beginning with your first post in this thread, which was a derail of the original topic.

Magz is here to keep order.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:34 am

No, actually I was following this very framework before it was posted here, but was attacked for being repetitive.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:39 am

Arguing with the moderators will always get you results ... just maybe not the results you wanted.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Oct 2021, 10:43 am

badRobot wrote:
How can someone admit they are wrong without any reasoning for the alternative opinion? Explain me why I'm wrong and I will consider my point of view.

Physical exercise is not the only thing needed to a person's mental well-being. It's not even the main thing.
Your claims for this approach go against mainstream psychology and experience of WP users who successfully healed their mental health issues. Thus, you would need extraordinarily strong evidence to prove you're right. Your very strong belief is not evidence.

Pushing your advice to a distressed person when they already rejected it is violating their boundaries, dismissing their feelings and victim blaming them for their unhappiness. That's harmful "adding insult to injury". The rules can't be changed nor bent to allow it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:45 am

Fnord wrote:
Arguing with the moderators will always get you results ... just maybe not the results you wanted.

Disagreeing with injustice has a chance of positive changes. Obeying unjust orders you believe are morally wrong will get you results too, but ALWAYS not the results you wanted.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 10:53 am

No injustice has occurred; no unjust orders have been given.