Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

opal
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2007, 5:50 am

I had a meltdown last Thursday at work, due to recurring red tape and stuff ups I had to deal with. There have been far too many stuff-ups lately - and this was a big one. (Well, those were the main reasons. There is also a severe lack of communication, power plays, people who abdicate responsibility,hypocrisy, bugger all training, noisy working conditions and the obnoxious loud-mouthed bigot .I also have a bit of personal stress going on. I digress.)I had written up a supplier document for a material that someone else thought would be a great idea, and after going back and forward to the supplier and through 6 sets of internal signoff, the document finally went through that morning.

The guy whoose original brilliant idea it was to go with this material and supplier then piped up and stated that due to import restrictions, we might not even be able to get it in the state, and if we did, this document would need to be re-written. He had apparently known this for some time. I basicly told the boss that this was someone else's stuff up, I had been dealing with it up to now, but I refuse to deal with the #$%^*@ of a thing any longer. I walked out in tears and spent the afternoon cleaning out the store room (which had to be done anyway, but it kept me away from individuals whoose heads were in danger of being chewed off and spat out)

I usually work on Friday mornings but could not face it. I went back today, and guess what - I still have a job, and no one died or had their head chewed off. I think some people were actually sympathetic, as they know (or NOW realise) how much work it involves and how little support there is. It also turns out that there are other people just as stressed out, and quietly suffering.

I have booked a session with a counsellor this Friday afternoon, but unfortunatly that will only deal with me, and not the systemic problems at work. It's a bit of a worry when the NT's have worse communication skills than I do.

What can you do.