Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 7:32 pm

I wonder if we should start a hypermobility support thread somewhere. I am new to this and just learning, but it sounds like it's more prevalent in people with ASD. Maybe we're not the only ones.

Anyhow, on the braces thing, I tried a pair of cheap compression sleeve style ones from Target today, but my knees were throbbing after having them on for about 20 minutes and I can't imagine they'd help with hyperextension. Back to the drawing board. Guessing finding ones that are a good fit may be an expensive and frustrating process.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 10:41 pm

my orthpaedic doc gave me a knee one that is padded with a big velcro closure above and below the knee with padding along each side covering a metal jointed steel rod on each side of my knee ,,i used a copper fit compression type on my right ankle . And i have a wrap around copper fit velcro closure stretchy compression fit around my mid section as kind of a back brace .
i try not to use painkillers because of my tendency to get a tolerance to them. But if its a bad day, i can always use one . :oops: lately cannot use any cause of breathing problems from Covid .
Which i am getting over

where ever you go ,there you are