Explaining Why I'm Leaving WP

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 2:28 pm

I'll miss your contributions HoH and I'm very sorry the positive aspects of WP haven't been enough to outweigh the negative.

I hope you return one day, it's important that people who struggle with diversity continue to be exposed to it, otherwise they will never come to accept it. I appreciate that's easy to say when you're not on the rough end of it and sometimes you just need to walk away.

Take care of yourself

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 2:42 pm

Hero, wish you'd stay even if only if by your very presence you put the lie to the bigots.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 3:40 pm

Hero, I have had varying levels of interaction with those on here who are Non-Binary. All have been nice people... I accept those people for WHO they are and Non-Binary is part of WHO you are.

If you encounter someone who cannot see past this then they are a knuckle dragger with an IQ in negative figures. They are not worth your breath, wear and tear on your keyboard or time.

Note to all: My user ID doesn't mean I'm going to explode at you it just means that I may contain...a different kind of thunder.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:10 pm

I'm sad to see you have left here, I really enjoyed your posts here. I hope it wasn't me that said anything that you felt was transphobic as I have defended trans people before and have even reported transphobic threads here.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 4:56 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I'm sad to see you have left here, I really enjoyed your posts here. I hope it wasn't me that said anything that you felt was transphobic as I have defended trans people before and have even reported transphobic threads here.

I get paranoid about that sort of thing too. A couple of years ago there was a member here (no longer a member) who wrote a thread saying she was leaving because she felt she was being picked on. Out of paranoia I said that I hope I wasn't responsible for making her want to leave, and she unexpectedly exploded and told me that I was the exact reason she was leaving (no, she wasn't joking). So ever since then, I get paranoid whenever a member says they're leaving because I worry that I might have said the wrong thing to them and that it's my fault. I'm a tactful person normally and I value people's feelings by nature (unless I am personally upset by someone and feel I need to stand up for myself).

Diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety and mild ASD

I don't like autism being mentioned to me as I'm partly in denial.