Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 6:47 am

Most of my neighbours are such inconsiderate as*holes or weirdos. Me and my boyfriend are thinking of moving but I don't know if that would do any good because we might get somewhere else with inconsiderate neighbours, also I don't think I can face the upheaval of moving.

I feel like I can't get any peace. At night I keep hearing a smoke alarm constantly sounding from one of the other apartments and nobody seems to do anything, also I don't understand why a smoke alarm would sound all night when there's no fire, and surely people would hear it. I don't know which apartment it's coming from.

There's activity going on all night, with barbecues in all weathers and people gathering outside our window chatting loudly at 2am, and kids running around screaming all day. In the summer they have loud music booming from a car, and they slam doors all hours of the night. Most them people have untaxed cars sitting there taking up space for other cars, sometimes my boyfriend can't even get a parking space which I don't think is fair.

And to top it all off there's the stupid b***h that lives above us who is an agoraphobic, insomniac obsessive cleaner and she doesn't stop banging about. She lives there on her own but she always seems to be in the room above us doing some sort of vacuuming or some other noisy activity, day and night. And being agoraphobic (never goes out) and an insomniac (never goes to sleep) we hear her noise 24/7.

I just hate them. I just want a quiet life, with quiet neighbours. We've told the landlords and they are aware but don't seem to do anything about it, as long as they get their rent money. But me being noise sensitive and easily distracted all these noises cause me distress and I spend most of my time with earplugs in, which I don't always want. I want to just hear the birds singing or the rain tapping on the windows sometimes. Some noise I love hearing, but noise generated by people is just f*****g annoying. Having ADHD I tend to hone in on these noises that other people know how to ignore. I'm fed up here with these neighbours, I'm going to go insane soon. :x

Last edited by Joe90 on 27 Dec 2021, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 8:40 am

i'm sorry to hear you are dealing with that. I don't know much but is there no way to find out the noise level somewhere else? It must be so frustrating, my neighbours are mostly good except for when one gets drunk occasionally and tries to break down his door. Wishing you all the best.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 8:53 am

Can be very difficult to live in close quarters with other people,whom obviously appear to have no consideration for other humans .When was in a apartment building with my husband for years.
It became very difficult The house nextdoor to the apartment building. Just outside our bedroom window. Was running a construction business out of his Garage. With a work crew and everything.
but the worst was his dog which seemed to never stop barking, Right outside our bedroom.
And the gate the dog watched for his owner out of was just under our window.Earplugs became a constant necessity for me. Eventually we just moved away.but i did notice the dog did not bark during rainey and stormy weather .Wish i could have written something more positive about this.

where ever you go ,there you are

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 10:53 am

Is it a private landlord or is it council/housing association property.

I know that if it's the latter you can always go on the exchange list and maybe get a house where it would be a bit quieter at least.

It is really difficult in flats.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 11:03 am

babybird wrote:
Is it a private landlord or is it council/housing association property.

I know that if it's the latter you can always go on the exchange list and maybe get a house where it would be a bit quieter at least.

It is really difficult in flats.

It's private rented. The landlords are useless. I don't know how to resolve things like this. I do sometimes wish we could live in a small apartment block with decent people that go to work. Yes you will always hear some noise, which I can ignore or tolerate if it's genuine, but the noise we have to put up with is just so distracting and inconsiderate and goes on all hours. It wouldn't be so bad if the woman upstairs went to bed once in a while or something.
And sometimes at night there are people from the other apartments outside chatting like it's the middle of the day. Don't these people ever go to bed? And when they have their barbecues they're in and out the outer door slamming it as hard as they can, and this is in the winter. When it's raining. It's the sort of activity you can do when you have your own house and garden, not in a communal area.
We've reported it to the landlords, and about the untaxed cars, but they don't seem to do anything about it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 12:02 pm

Private landlords are all about getting the rent , I think.Doesn’t seem they have a interest in valued tenants, as long as the money is coming in. If these people are staying up at all hours, you have to wonder where they get their money from to pay rent. it sounds like very few of the people would be able to keep up with their rental agreements.

Perhaps a visit with an attorney could advise you how to proceed? If there are legal grounds for you to with hold your rental payments until situations improve, 8O OR , that could backfire on you ? And get you booted out ???

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 1:26 pm

Jakki wrote:
Private landlords are all about getting the rent , I think.Doesn’t seem they have a interest in valued tenants, as long as the money is coming in. If these people are staying up at all hours, you have to wonder where they get their money from to pay rent. it sounds like very few of the people would be able to keep up with their rental agreements.

Perhaps a visit with an attorney could advise you how to proceed? If there are legal grounds for you to with hold your rental payments until situations improve, 8O OR , that could backfire on you ? And get you booted out ???

Well it's obvious they are either claiming benefits or getting the money illegally, through selling drugs or stealing. There has already been reports before of them smuggling drugs abroad in exchange for money. I think if the tenants are doing illegal things then they should be booted out. At least me and my boyfriend and a couple of others around here are earning our money honestly, so we shouldn't have to suffer those inconsiderate as*holes and their dodgy dealings and taking up room in the community car park with their untaxed cars.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 2:15 pm

Sounds like meth heads, they never sleep.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 5:40 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Has to make a person wonder about it . Maybe something worse ., how you get worse, ? I don’t know.
Had the same type of issues in my residential neighborhood for several years . And it affected me so badly, I ended up not sleeping well for years. They were trafficking through my yard and in front of my house. At all hours . :(

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 7:50 am

got a nice quiet bungalow here

sorry your neighbours are noisy

mines housing association, but country area

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 8:03 am

Misslizard wrote:

This was actually my first thought.

@Joe: Neighbors are never fun. :( I'm sorry yours are so terrible.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 8:08 am

If i had the money to do it, i would live in the country, rural, scenic, nature. In like a renewable energy house, no energy bills. NO NEIGHBORS.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 11:15 am

This is what happens when you're poor, they lump us all together in apartment buildings. If they're going to do that at least make each floor completely solid so that you don't hear the noise of the person above you.

It wouldn't be so bad if the b***h upstairs went outside once in a while or had a job to go to. Or even just sat down sometimes. God I hate her!

Finn Razelle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2021, 1:33 pm

Yikes--what an awful ensemble of inconsiderate noise! (I sympathize... My alcoholic next-door neighbor spent the entirety of the Christmas holiday vomiting copiously--very audible through the walls.) But even so, nothing like what you're dealing with.

You know your situation best, of course, but if the landlords won't or can't fix the issues, and it's harmful to your well-being to stay there, it may be worth the temporary stress and upheaval of a move just to get to a different space. Yes, neighbors will always be neighbors, but most aren't quite as bad as what you're dealing with, and having a quiet sanctuary is vital to sanity.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:31 pm

Even in the country there are annoying sounds.One neighbor has an extremely loud truck, I hate it because it ruins the perfect silence.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 6:29 pm

Some noises I can tolerate. At my parents house they have a huge garden (backyard), and we often hear noise from next door's garden, like the lawn mower going, the dog barking and people chattering and the children playing when they were younger. But it wasn't as distracting. I think when you live in a house with your own garden you can afford to be a bit noisier. But when you have to share a parking ground and a garden and buildings that aren't as sound proof as houses are, then people need to learn to be a bit more considerate. I expect a bit of noise, but there's noise and there's noise. Unnecessary noise from inconsiderate people is the worst thing.