I'm considering leaving Christianity

Page 3 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 1:33 pm

_cora_ wrote:
I seriously need some guidance, but I can't talk to my parents about this.

I first watched this video more than ten years ago.

Although I never had to travel Julia's "path", having been fortunate enough to be raised in a family where we were allowed to make up our own minds on the subject of religion, I found her experiences to be very well related, and often think that watching THIS is where anyone whose faith is getting ragged at the edges should start:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 2:26 pm

“Christianity” could mean almost anything.

The only common ground amongst all Christians—is that they believe in Jesus Christ as being beyond a mere human.

There are even theological questions as to what degree of “divinity” He possesses.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 8:31 am

Jesus Christ is a source of spiritual energy to the end of worshipping God.

It is not any single human being & anyone can tap into it.

The person who has the maximum amount of Christ energy knows when to call themelves Jesus.

Have a lovely day. :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 8:47 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Jesus Christ is a source of spiritual energy to the end of worshipping God.  It is not any single human being & anyone can tap into it.  The person who has the maximum amount of Christ energy knows when to call themelves Jesus. . .

@_cora_: You would be well off to read the Bible for yourself than to follow the esoteric beliefs of mere mortals.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 9:17 am

Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Jesus Christ is a source of spiritual energy to the end of worshipping God.  It is not any single human being & anyone can tap into it.  The person who has the maximum amount of Christ energy knows when to call themelves Jesus. . .

@_cora_: You would be well off to read the Bible for yourself than to follow the esoteric beliefs of mere mortals.

I plan to re-read & re-read again. I am not a source of all interpretation for the bible & I have admitted that before! :D

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 9:17 am

Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

The bible contains more interpretations than can be understood by any single human in a single lifetime.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 9:21 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
The bible contains more interpretations than can be understood by any single human in a single lifetime.
No, the Bible contains historical accounts and mythology; people inaccurately interpret what they read in the Bible.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 9:33 am

Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
No, the Bible contains historical accounts and mythology; people inaccurately interpret what they read in the Bible.

People are the only source of truth and therefore their interpretations & lived-experiences are valid?!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 9:34 am

I, partially left Christianity after being the victim of a traumatic event in late 2012...

It was the worst 10 years of my life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 9:39 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
People are the only source of truth and therefore their interpretations & lived-experiences are valid.
Your words, not mine.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 9:53 am

Consider that Christianity might be more a way of being . Than strictly dogmas written in several books .

where ever you go ,there you are

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 9:58 am

Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
People are the only source of truth and therefore their interpretations & lived-experiences are valid.
Your words, not mine.

I know, I am not asking you to commit to my ideas...

I am simply sharing them for your consideration. If you choose to reject them - then you empower yourself as a free, sovereign individual/entity. :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 10:04 am

Jakki wrote:
Consider that Christianity might be more a way of being.  Than strictly dogmas written in several books .
Reading the Sermon On The Mount (Matthew 5:1 through 7:28) shows that Christianity is supposed to be both a way of life and a relationship with God.  The fact that Jesus did not come into this world to judge it, but to save it, flies in the face of those who use the Bible to condemn and subjugate others.

Again, READ the Bible if you want to know the truth of what it says.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 11:38 am

Apparently Fnord it appears you have missed the meaning of my post . :(

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 11:43 am

Jakki wrote:
Apparently Fnord it appears you have missed the meaning of my post.
Perhaps, and I apologize.  What did you mean, exactly?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 12:10 pm

Referencing dogma Bible , whatnot, has its place… but there comes a time , when having knowledge goes beyond the physical . It becomes a way of being…. :heart: