Caught Covid and feel like I’m melting

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2022, 7:41 pm

I tested positive for covid today and I feel awful. I have a high fever, cough, sneezing, trouble breathing ear pain and throat pain which is not fun. My brain feels like goop too and currently on day 5 of being sick and it feels like I’m getting worse (I didn’t have a fever till this evening). I also have almost no appetite so I’m pretty weak. I’m terrified to think of what would have happened if I hadn’t been double vaccinated or boosted bc I already feel like I’m dissolving. I feel like this will last at least 3 more days :’)

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 7:30 am

lvpin wrote:
I tested positive for covid today and I feel awful. I have a high fever, cough, sneezing, trouble breathing ear pain and throat pain which is not fun. My brain feels like goop too and currently on day 5 of being sick and it feels like I’m getting worse (I didn’t have a fever till this evening). I also have almost no appetite so I’m pretty weak. I’m terrified to think of what would have happened if I hadn’t been double vaccinated or boosted bc I already feel like I’m dissolving. I feel like this will last at least 3 more days :’)

I’ve been through the same thing apart from the breathing and the ear pain but rather had body aches that lasted a good few days. The weirdest thing about it was, after like a good 7 days, it was almost like it never happened but still tested positive up until day 10, the cough I couldn’t seem to get rid off until after a week later.

Best thing to do is to stay hydrated with water and plenty of hot drinks and try to be able to eat something.

Honestly, wouldn’t wish this on anyone not even the people I hate. It was unbearable.

Edit: Had it twice, 1st in 2020 and the most recent being January 2022. First time honestly was so much worse than the second. Honestly thought I wasn’t even going to make it alive, couldn’t even breathe. Second thankfully not so bad, also to add I had a loss or taste and smell. Still baffles me how my partner (who was my best friend) didn’t even have any symptoms with so many issues with her illnesses and yet I’m somewhat healthy but with so much symptoms?

Last edited by superboyian on 25 Mar 2022, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2022, 7:33 am

Sorry you had to get COVID. I'm glad you were fully vaccinated.

When I had COVID, I had a mild case. I had chills, slight fever, weird tingly feelings in my body, sweating, little appetite, and anxiety. My unvaccinated illness lasted 3 weeks (there was no vaccine in March, 2020). I believe, since you were vaccinated, that your illness will be more brief.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 1:56 am

superboyian wrote:
lvpin wrote:

I’ve been through the same thing apart from the breathing and the ear pain but rather had body aches that lasted a good few days. The weirdest thing about it was, after like a good 7 days, it was almost like it never happened but still tested positive up until day 10, the cough I couldn’t seem to get rid off until after a week later.

Best thing to do is to stay hydrated with water and plenty of hot drinks and try to be able to eat something.

Honestly, wouldn’t wish this on anyone not even the people I hate. It was unbearable.

Edit: Had it twice, 1st in 2020 and the most recent being January 2022. First time honestly was so much worse than the second. Honestly thought I wasn’t even going to make it alive, couldn’t even breathe. Second thankfully not so bad, also to add I had a loss or taste and smell. Still baffles me how my partner (who was my best friend) didn’t even have any symptoms with so many issues with her illnesses and yet I’m somewhat healthy but with so much symptoms?

Covid is such a weird illness. My household have all reacted very differently. I’m the only one who gets the lovely stomach symptoms though (except for loss of appetite bc we all have that one)

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 1:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sorry you had to get COVID. I'm glad you were fully vaccinated.

When I had COVID, I had a mild case. I had chills, slight fever, weird tingly feelings in my body, sweating, little appetite, and anxiety. My unvaccinated illness lasted 3 weeks (there was no vaccine in March, 2020). I believe, since you were vaccinated, that your illness will be more brief.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thank you! I’m on day 7 now and hoping it doesn’t last much longer bc the nausea is awful.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 2:50 am

i hope yours goes out like a lamb in the springtime. when i had mine in march of 2020, it felt like nothing else i've ever had, i took EmergenC and Airborne [contains echinacea and C and various other feelgood things], i believe it helped me feel better at least. i always keep those things in stock just in case.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2022, 1:17 pm

I'm sorry to hear this and will keep you in my thoughts. Glad you are vaccinated and boosted.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 12:35 pm

blueroses wrote:
I'm sorry to hear this and will keep you in my thoughts. Glad you are vaccinated and boosted.

Thank you! I’m feeling better now, it seems that I just very slowly got worse before it suddenly decided to get better very fast. I’m just coughing and nauseous now.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 1:23 pm

That's awesome. I hope you fully recover soon.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2022, 8:00 am

lvpin wrote:
blueroses wrote:

Thank you! I’m feeling better now, it seems that I just very slowly got worse before it suddenly decided to get better very fast. I’m just coughing and nauseous now.

The coughing can last quite a while but at least around this point, you wouldn’t be as infectious.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2022, 6:02 pm

superboyian wrote:
lvpin wrote:
blueroses wrote:

The coughing can last quite a while but at least around this point, you wouldn’t be as infectious.

Yeah I still am coughing every now and again. I’m annoyed though bc there’s now constant popping in my ears and I keep seeing everything spinning :‘)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2022, 7:17 pm

lvpin wrote:
superboyian wrote:
lvpin wrote:
blueroses wrote:

Yeah I still am coughing every now and again. I’m annoyed though bc there’s now constant popping in my ears and I keep seeing everything spinning :‘)

mebbe you could try sudafed for the clogged or inflamed Eustachian tubes ["ear popping"]

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2022, 7:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
lvpin wrote:
superboyian wrote:
lvpin wrote:
blueroses wrote:

mebbe you could try sudafed for the clogged or inflamed Eustachian tubes ["ear popping"]

Oo I’ll look into that. I saw them mentioned when I was looking into the vertigo too. Thank you : )

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2022, 7:28 pm

^^you're welcome :flower: