What can I do about this problem?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 5:56 pm

Recently my folks brought a covid testing kit. I tested positive for covid today even though I don't feel unwell. My parents are banning me from going out and seeing my friends this weekend because there concerned I might infect them ( a lot of my friends are older than 50)

How can I convince my parents to let me go out tommorow night? I went out last week feeling unwell with a temprature/sore throat and my friends are still alive.

I live in England by the way

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 6:02 pm

You’re positive for COVID. You have to stay home. Otherwise, you could give COVID to someone who is more vulnerable than you.

I hope you don’t get symptoms.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 6:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You’re positive for COVID. You have to stay home. Otherwise, you could give COVID to someone who is more vulnerable than you.

I hope you don’t get symptoms.

Thing is I gone out on 2 occasions in the last 2 months feeling unwell and nothing bad happened to my friends then.

Also in England the government are putting an end to the self isolation rules in a few weeks

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 6:48 pm

Hi Jamesy - Much better to isolate till you test negative twice, rather than risk your friends’ health. I know we’re set to do away with ALL restrictions in the coming weeks, but there’s no way I’d risk giving this to anyone(having recently had it and having been badly knocked about with it) in spite of having been fully vaccinated against it. Some healthy people in their 30s, fully vaccinated, have died unexpectedly from it, so it’s just not worth taking chances with it. Hope if you do wind up with symptoms, you recover quickly. 7 days isn’t long to isolate in the scheme of things. You’ll be out the other side in no time.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 6:59 pm

Juliette wrote:
Hi Jamesy - Much better to isolate till you test negative twice, rather than risk your friends’ health. I know we’re set to do away with ALL restrictions in the coming weeks, but there’s no way I’d risk giving this to anyone(having recently had it and having been badly knocked about with it) in spite of having been fully vaccinated against it. Some healthy people in their 30s, fully vaccinated, have died unexpectedly from it, so it’s just not worth taking chances with it. Hope if you do wind up with symptoms, you recover quickly. 7 days isn’t long to isolate in the scheme of things. You’ll be out the other side in no time.

thank you

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 7:17 pm

You're welcome. Take care of yourself.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 8:03 pm

Juliette wrote:

If that can happen then why are the government easing all restrictions? What if my boyfriend (fully vaccinated but older than me and has diabetes and COPD) catches covid and dies?

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 8:17 pm

Hi Joe - in spite of what we're about to see happening here in the UK, people will continue to make their own minds up about wearing masks, taking risks etc. My advice is to use your instincts on this(I continue to wear a mask in stores) and stores continue to respectfully request that we still wear masks ... for now) and if you've experienced covid, then you certainly won't want to wind up with it again.

We are all treading with caution for now ... once we feel certain that the risk has seriously been eliminated, only then will we feel safe to go about as we did prior to covid. Till then, common sense will hopefully prevail.

I won't stop taking precautions till I feel safe and secure to do so. Hope you and your boyfirend stay safe and well. :)

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 7:09 am

It's up to you really. Covid is pretty much over in the UK and has burned itself out. All restrictions including isolation will be lifted in weeks.

I don't really see the difference between now and the very near future. It's turned into a borderline common cold now.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 7:10 am

STAY HOME!

Or if you really wanna go, you could get tested officially at a hospital, which is more reliable. If that test says negative and you're feeling fine, then you can go out. But if you got a positive result from a home test, then you're likely to get it in an official test, too, and need to stay home anyway. Even if official rules have stopped saying so (I don't know how it is over there), anyone's moral compass should tell them to stay home when infected with covid.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 7:30 am

Tested negative today :D

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 7:34 am

Jamesy wrote:

Are you positive? :P

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 7:44 am

theprisoner wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Are you positive? :P

yes

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 8:11 am

I thought you said you were negative. :scratch:

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 1:11 pm

2 straight daily negative tests just might be good enough.

Maybe you ought to take a break from the bar, anyway.

Stay home. Watch the telly for two more days.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2022, 2:29 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
2 straight daily negative tests just might be good enough.

Maybe you ought to take a break from the bar, anyway.

Stay home. Watch the telly for two more days.

at the bar now having fun :D