Worried and scared again

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 11:13 am

I just really don't want to die, or lose loved ones, that's all.

Yes I know we're all going to die one day but saying that isn't fantastically helpful. I mean you could have said that during the pandemic, like "who cares if you die from covid? We're all going to die anyway." So it's the same with this. I'm planning on dying from old age peacefully in my sleep.

But that's beside the point. Is there any way someone could kill Putin, or is he all protected in bubble wrap in an underground bunker somewhere? Can't they drill a hole into the underground bunker using a really powerful drill then gas him? Anything to kill him, as he doesn't deserve to live.

Please don't delete this post, as I'm not trolling or trying to offend, I'm being serious. The world hates him.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 11:15 am

The situation overthere is quite bad , but Ukraine and everyone is falling into the game . If we do not upset him maybe he will go away..bullies do not do that . And merely defending ones homeland after there has been repeated attacks , will not work either . Ukraine needed to early on engage in swift counter attacks . On the capitol city of Moscow . To bring home the effects of War on the common population . Russian population in general is being insulated from the effects of War .. “ the oh that is happening over there mindset” a War is a War . If the Russian people had brought home to them , their homes being destroyed .Even in small numbers but in Russia’s Capitol .
And add the sanctions early on . The Russian people themselves , would not have allowed Putin to retain power .
This is only a opinion . But modern warfare has taught that fighting a strictly defensive war does not make for a good outcome . Putin will use the same threat of nukes every time he goes into a country .

where ever you go ,there you are

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 11:21 am

As if we don't have enough extremely maniacal tyrants already.... :roll:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 11:32 am

Why don't the muricans just nuke Russia like they did to Japan at the end of WW2? They clearly did a great and heroic thing by murdering lots of innocent people. :roll:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Apr 2022, 11:37 am

Boundaries. And borders. That's how we can function.
Moscow has violated it so they have to pay the price, so they don't do it again - but we mustn't render Earth uninhabitable in the process. We want to defend our world, not destroy it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 11:54 am

Must admit the threat of Nuclear war , makes me sick to think about it . And the USA has far superior equipment it can provide to Ukraine or Poland or the Baltic States , that in theory should be able to bring down . Most any ICBMs that Russia could launch …Even short range Rockets, And why we haven’t already provided that equipment is far beyond my understanding ,
We did a incredible defense of Israel . In making it a Soveriegn state , with our equipment .
Why we have not done so with Ukraine , is even harder for me to understand . 8O Something feels out of order ?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Apr 2022, 11:58 am

American equipment is already in Poland. And troops.
American fighters are patrolling our airspace as part of NATO presence.
We have Patriot systems at our border.

The plan is to try to keep the conflict contained to Ukraine (possibly Ukraine-Russia borderland, too), but be prepared for all possibilities.

I'm glad Biden is the POTUS now. He wasn't an impressive showman but his decisions about involvement here are wise.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 12:01 pm

These are good things but ….? Why were the patriot batteries not deployed to Ukraine ???? I have to wonder . 8O

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Apr 2022, 12:03 pm

Jakki wrote:
These are good things but ….? Why were the patriot batteries not deployed to Ukraine ???? I have to wonder . 8O
Probably personnel training problems. That's certainly why Ukraine was denied Iron Dome. But I'm not sure they weren't - the actual list of military help is confidential, only some numbers are public.
Judging by growing number of shot down Russian rockets, Ukrainians got something.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 12:10 pm

Biden seems the type who doesn’t do well in public—but does better behind the scenes.

In a best-case scenario, he’s the epitome of “substance over style.”

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 12:12 pm

Joe90 wrote:
They said on the news that Putin will nuke any country that interferes with Ukraine.

Quote:
If we let Putin succeed in Ukraine, he’ll go on to invade places like Poland and Finland. Then he’ll progress further.

So if we do get involved he'll nuke us all and if we don't get involved he'll nuke us all.

People with autism take things too literally and take statements at face value. He could just be bluffing. Don't worry about it, from the 1950's onwards some people were terrified of nukes but nothing happened.
During the 1980's a hollywood film was released where a nuclear war happened , i bet that scared loads of people. In school we had to watch this speculative film called 'threads' where it detailed exactly what would happen during a nuclear war. it was pointless to show that to children, I dont know why they did that.
In the 2000's they used to put scaremongering news on TV that North Korea had been testing nuclear missiles, again nothing happened ;)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 12:16 pm

The US wants to save the REALLY heavy artillery for when actions by Russia demand it.

Nukes shouldn’t be employed casually.

Like Magz said, we want to defend the world, not destroy it.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 12:43 pm

I guess I'm not the only one who has stocked up on bottled water and candles with a battery powered radio in my kitchen.. My bunker is inbetween the fridge freezer and cooker in case the roof caves in.

It's just like Al Queda and IS terrorism all over again. 8O

The more times Putin repeats the same threats over and over again and does nothing the more sure I am he's not stupid and mad enough to do it. Moscow would get wiped out pretty quickly if he did.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Last edited by Rossall on 29 Apr 2022, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 12:52 pm

klanka wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
They said on the news that Putin will nuke any country that interferes with Ukraine.

Quote:
If we let Putin succeed in Ukraine, he’ll go on to invade places like Poland and Finland. Then he’ll progress further.

So if we do get involved he'll nuke us all and if we don't get involved he'll nuke us all.

People with autism take things too literally and take statements at face value. He could just be bluffing. Don't worry about it, from the 1950's onwards some people were terrified of nukes but nothing happened.
During the 1980's a hollywood film was released where a nuclear war happened , i bet that scared loads of people. In school we had to watch this speculative film called 'threads' where it detailed exactly what would happen during a nuclear war. it was pointless to show that to children, I dont know why they did that.
In the 2000's they used to put scaremongering news on TV that North Korea had been testing nuclear missiles, again nothing happened ;)

Please don't bring autism into it, as I am just clueless about all this and only frightened like most other (NT) people that I know. I don't take things 'literally'.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Apr 2022, 12:55 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I don't take things 'literally'.
Good.
And don't take Kremlin threats seriously.

They used to threat Warsaw like that, too... funny that they stopped. Asked about the threats, our president told them not to sh!t themselves :lol: Looks like it worked :lol: :lol: :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2022, 1:00 pm

Duda might be a tad right-wing—but at least he loves his country.