Page 2 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 11:10 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Interestingly enough though, all these anti-white people who claim to be there for minorities tend to never mention the Sámi people who are the original minority of Northern Europe. Guess their skin is too white to those people's liking. :roll:

I have to point out that this statement is not accurate.
The following is not my opinion:
Quote:
The Sami have a higher genetic association with the "yellow race" than other whites, which is why they are oppressed.
This shows the cruel nature of the Germanic/"desert-monotheist".

Similar claims are used by a small part of this group of holders of this view, mainly East Asian nationalists, to describe the discrimination against Russians.
The definition of "white" is very flexible in the hands of various factions of nationalists/racists. :lol:

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 11:42 am

Quote:
Joe .. imagine being a man , you think being "white" is a disadvantage . Try being male . A woman can make accusations , even with no evidence or basis to do so .. and a man can be jailed for doing nothing .

Shouldn't you direct that at the OP more, as she's expressed that she hates being white more than I did. I was just agreeing with the OP, I don't really hate being white or British, as in it's not a disadvantage. Autism is a disadvantage to me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 12:54 pm

If I was black, I wouldn't "hate" being black. I've done nothing wrong by being born black.

Same with autism.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 5:02 pm

Nobody should be ashamed of whom they are

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 5:39 pm

Follow my logic.

We can agree that racism is bad and we would like to end any racist tendencies we have. Racism is bad because it is inaccurate. No race is inferior to another, Individuals may have negative traits associated with a race, because of upbringing, internalizing expectations of these negative traits. Or it may just be because they are born that way. If they are born that way it has nothing to do with their race, it is just them as an individual.

The definition of racism is thinking one race is inferior to another, negatively stereotyping a race, and assuming because somebody is a member of a race they were born with negative traits associated with that race.

Racism is most commonly associated with white people thinking the black race is inferior, negatively stereotyping black people, and thinking because somebody is born black they have these negative traits.

Most commonly associated does not mean every time.

Let's change some words in my definition of racism.

A definition of racism is thinking white people are inferior to other races, negatively stereotyping white people, and assuming because somebody is a white they were born to be horrible racist oppressors. Some white people are horrible racist oppressors but it has nothing to do with being born white.

For whatever reason that you feel horrible about white people and thus yourself, the thing to do now is to correct these inaccurate racist assumptions about white people in general.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 6:16 pm

I don't think black people are inferior. I never have done. Black people are the same as white people. You get British black people too. Black people and white people are like eye colour - brown eyes isn't going to make a person any different to a person with blue eyes.

Black people are just as important as white people. We're all the same. We're all equally humans. That's all there is to it. I really don't get why white people used to think black people were inferior and used them as slaves. What gave them that idea? How does skin pigment make one inferior?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 6:29 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
A definition of racism is thinking white people are inferior to other races, negatively stereotyping white people, and assuming because somebody is a white they were born to be horrible racist oppressors. Some white people are horrible racist oppressors but it has nothing to do with being born white. .

What about subconscious implicit bias?

ChrisInAustralia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 May 2022, 12:15 am

League_Girl wrote:
Don't let wokes and color activists and their allies make you feel bad. You didn't ask to be white. You didn't aks to be born in Canada.

Literally no one is asking people to feel bad for being white....

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 12:22 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm a horrible racist, the very fact that I was even born in Canada is because of racism. Yes, that's what is known as white guilt, and we deserve every bit of guilt we have. We should all just be killed in a genocide because we're nothing but fat disgusting demonic ghost people.

Everything I think, feel, say or do is racist. Like seeing bright colors as symbols of happy, positive things and dark colors as symbols of dreary and negative things. Or dressing in black because of feelings of depression and doom, ooo so edgy!! Finding Mexican and Indian food too hot and spicy! Reading classic books written by white people with white main characters! I hate my life so much!! !

I didn't use to think I was a racist person. When I was a kid in the early 80s I heard other kids using the N word and I asked my mother if it was bad, and she told me how it was a racial slur so I decided it was really bad and to never use the word, ever. But obviously that's not nearly enough and I'm still a disgusting ghost person because I exist.

The actions of those before you do not make you racist. How you feel about colours on clothes does not suggest you treat people differently based on colour. I wonder if you've heard a lot of right wing garbage and taken it to heart? The only people suggesting white guilt exists is right wing people trying to feed racism

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 2:38 am

ChrisInAustralia wrote:
The only people suggesting white guilt exists is right wing people trying to feed racism

Exactly, they decry a monster exists while concurrently feeding the aforementioned monster.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 10:16 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
Interestingly enough though, all these anti-white people who claim to be there for minorities tend to never mention the Sámi people who are the original minority of Northern Europe. Guess their skin is too white to those people's liking. :roll:

I have to point out that this statement is not accurate.
The following is not my opinion:
Quote:
The Sami have a higher genetic association with the "yellow race" than other whites, which is why they are oppressed.
This shows the cruel nature of the Germanic/"desert-monotheist".

Similar claims are used by a small part of this group of holders of this view, mainly East Asian nationalists, to describe the discrimination against Russians.
The definition of "white" is very flexible in the hands of various factions of nationalists/racists. :lol:

This, I wasn't aware of, partly probably because when there's discrimination against the Sàmi here, it's usually called "discrimination" instead of "racism." Anyway, I'm a little worried that I might take this too far for the Haven and turn this in to something more fitting for PPR, so I think I'll drop this here.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 10:17 am

A bus driver told a passenger to put on a mask

The passenger (correctly) told the bus driver that ( I, shortfatbalduglyman) was not wearing a mask. The passenger told the driver that the driver was "racist"

The driver (appeared to me) white. The passenger, black. Shortfatbalduglyman, yellow

The passenger jumped to a conclusion

However, his seat was facing the same direction as the bus drivers seat

My seat was facing perpendicular to the driver's seat

My worthless corpse was in the driver's (blind spot)

Not everything that appears racist, is racist

You have to have a (controlled experiment) and a (representative sample)

Everyone has (subconscious biases)

Not everything is the way it appears

The passenger had the nerve to call me "this n***a". Plenty of precious lil "people"that appeared black to me, also had the nerve to call me *n***a"

If a white called a black "n***a", then that appears "racist"

Double standards

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 3:51 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Don't let wokes and color activists and their allies make you feel bad. You didn't ask to be white. You didn't aks to be born in Canada.

This.

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 5:37 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

This.

This is utter nonsense. People who are asleep like to lie about white guilt. So called 'wokes' (people with morals) are not suggesting all white people are guilty or should feel bad.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 6:49 pm

ChrisInAustralia wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

This.

This is utter nonsense. People who are asleep like to lie about white guilt. So called 'wokes' (people with morals) are not suggesting all white people are guilty or should feel bad.

You are new here. The majority of posters are American and are (relatively speaking) white moderate conservatives who largely dislike political correctness,

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 6:51 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm a horrible racist, the very fact that I was even born in Canada is because of racism. Yes, that's what is known as white guilt, and we deserve every bit of guilt we have. We should all just be killed in a genocide because we're nothing but fat disgusting demonic ghost people.

You are not guilty of anything that was done by anyone else. They are responsible for their actions -- you are only responsible for our own.