ChrisInAustralia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 May 2022, 6:55 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ChrisInAustralia wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Don't let wokes and color activists and their allies make you feel bad. You didn't ask to be white. You didn't aks to be born in Canada.

This.

This is utter nonsense. People who are asleep like to lie about white guilt. So called 'wokes' (people with morals) are not suggesting all white people are guilty or should feel bad.

You are new here. The majority of posters are American and are (relatively speaking) white moderate conservatives who largely dislike political correctness,

I assumed most autists were left wing because we're not easily fooled and tend to have morals. Thanks for the heads up.

Political correctness is an insulting name for manners. I'll have to keep my politics to myself it seems

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 6:57 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ChrisInAustralia wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Don't let wokes and color activists and their allies make you feel bad. You didn't ask to be white. You didn't aks to be born in Canada.

This.

This is utter nonsense. People who are asleep like to lie about white guilt. So called 'wokes' (people with morals) are not suggesting all white people are guilty or should feel bad.

You are new here. The majority of posters are American and are (relatively speaking) white moderate conservatives who largely dislike political correctness,

I'm clearly in the wrong place then. :|

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 7:01 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ChrisInAustralia wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

This.

I'm clearly in the wrong place then. :|

*phew* you and me both. Time will tell.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 7:11 pm

ChrisInAustralia wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ChrisInAustralia wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

This.

I assumed most autists were left wing because we're not easily fooled and tend to have morals. Thanks for the heads up.

Political correctness is an insulting name for manners. I'll have to keep my politics to myself it seems

Ah don't sweat it. I come across like a raving "Commie" and the worst that happens is I'm politely ignored :lol:

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 7:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Ah don't sweat it. I come across like a raving "Commie" and the worst that happens is I'm politely ignored :lol:

Me too comrade!! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 9:57 pm

I’m against political correctness. I’m not a conservative at all. I’m a white man married to a black woman.

ChrisInAustralia

12 May 2022, 10:30 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m against political correctness. I’m not a conservative at all. I’m a white man married to a black woman.

What do you think political correctness is, and why are you against it? Why do people like you need to advertise your credentials? Who you married isn't proof of anything.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 11:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Kraftie I would call you a glitch in the matrix (but somebody took that already).

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 12:30 am

Well stop it...how is that even slightly useful.

You aren't supposed to feel guilty for being white, you're supposed to acknowledge that some of your white ancestors committed atrocities...acknowledge not feel guilty for it. Of course you did not take part in those so you should not feel guilty about it. But I saw a thing that the term 'white privalege' may not be the best way to word it, just because the way people think about that word. In the context of white privilege for instance it doesn't mean all white people get everything handed to them, it just means where minorities get disadvantages we don't in those same areas like its privilege as in the opposite of disadvantages minorities face. LIke a white homeless person will probably be treated just as badly as a black person by law enforcement, but a black homeless person would be treated worse than the white homeless person even though both are being treated badly.

Idk my dad is white and unfortunately leans a bit right wing, but he has dark looking skin...some things he has told me makes me think police mistakenly thought he was black. Like I think he even mentioned one time he got arrested when he convinced the cops he was actually white they treated him better. Yes my dad has been arrested and jailed more than once....

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 5:56 am

I’m not trying to prove anything.

Why the attack?

What do you mean “people like me?” You don’t know me. That’s pretty presumptuous, don’t you think?

Why all this all or nothing crap.

I should have said I’m against the EXTREMES of political correctness. Like I might get attacked for misgendering someone by accident. Just educate, don’t attack. If someone points out what I did wrong nicely, I’ll accept it. If it’s in the form of nastiness….no!

Enough of the attacks already! I mean in general.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 6:51 am

I strongly recommend this book to everyone - not just white people.

https://renieddolodge.co.uk/why-im-no-l ... bout-race/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Longer-Talking ... 2dbc010988

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 6:58 am

Where_am_I wrote:

If we are doing book club, then this is worth reading too
https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-tu ... ing-racism

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 6:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m not trying to prove anything.

Why the attack?

What do you mean “people like me?” You don’t know me. That’s pretty presumptuous, don’t you think?

Why all this all or nothing crap.

I should have said I’m against the EXTREMES of political correctness. Like I might get attacked for misgendering someone by accident. Just educate, don’t attack. If someone points out what I did wrong nicely, I’ll accept it. If it’s in the form of nastiness….no!

Enough of the attacks already! I mean in general.

Huh? who is doing the attacking?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 7:25 am

Somebody asked me why "people like me" have to "show off their credentials."

But it's all okay. Perhaps I overreacted.

There is the assumption that if I say anything against political correctness, that I'm a Trumpite Conservative---at least it seems that way to me sometimes. I'm very much against Trump. I feel he should be in the hoosegow. He incited a potential insurrection. He's a sore loser.

I don't believe everything in the "woke" ideology. I believe in some of that ideology. I've read up on the history----on Jim Crow---on Emmitt Till----on Martin Luther King extensively. And I believe just about everything Martin Luther King said in his speeches.

Sometimes, though, people go overboard. Like lecturing on Critical Race Theory in a university class that's supposed to be devoted to organic chemistry.

Just like Jews must move on from the Holocaust-----just like the Hutus and the Tutsi must move on from their Genocide----people must move on from the past, and not let the past affect their future.

This is in the case in all extremism----that it's either you're for us, or you're against us. No middle ground.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 7:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Somebody asked me why "people like me" have to "show off their credentials."

But it's all okay. Perhaps I overreacted.

There is the assumption that if I say anything against political correctness, that I'm a Trumpite Conservative---at least it seems that way to me sometimes. I'm very much against Trump. I feel he should be in the hoosegow. He incited a potential insurrection. He's a sore loser.

I don't believe everything in the "woke" ideology. I believe in some of that ideology. I've read up on the history----on Jim Crow---on Emmitt Till----on Martin Luther King extensively. And I believe just about everything Martin Luther King said in his speeches.

Sometimes, though, people go overboard. Like lecturing on Critical Race Theory in a university class that's supposed to be devoted to organic chemistry.

Just like Jews must move on from the Holocaust-----just like the Hutus and the Tutsi must move on from their Genocide----people must move on from the past, and not let the past affect their future.

This is in the case in all extremism----that it's either you're for us, or you're against us. No middle ground.

You always come across as the reasonable voice of neutrality Kraftie. Yes there is an argument for moving on, But as the bus moves from the station there needs to be room in the bus for all, not just the privileged.

munstead
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 7:31 am

cyberdad wrote:

I'm fairly new here and cyberdad's description of the forum doesn't match my experience so far. Maybe it's more historical and those people aren't so active now, or maybe it is a time will tell thing.

Personally I'm one of those bloody centrists (UK politics though, which translates to being a slight leftie in the US I think!) who simply wants evidence-based policymaking, and I favour some political correctness (or at least care in choice of wording).