Page 8 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 8:16 pm

I believe, as long as you don’t personally attack somebody, or espouse something like Nazism, racism, or obvious conspiracy theories, that what you say will not be deemed inappropriate.

The rules are stricter in the Haven. You can’t, for example, tell a depressed person to “take the bull by the horns” or something like that without offering some true compassion, too.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 10:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I was a racist until I actually started hanging out with black people. That's the key: people getting together, doing normal things together.

100% agree Kraftie. Everyone is capable of redemption and simply engaging people is educational enough (more than attending a anti-racism seminar/workshop). I was hardly woke when I was a young man and made stupid assumptions about people which is why I am now so strongly against this type of thinking.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2022, 11:37 pm

"white guilt"? It is not your fault that other whites discriminated against minorities.

You do not have the authority over some else's actions (exception:. Bribery, extortion, peer pressure)

There is something wrong with everything

Way too often, someone has the nerve to ask ("do you speak English?".). While that is not a racist question and not illegal, I find it hard to imagine anyone would ask me that if I were white (or black)

About five years ago I was at the bus stop and a stranger was screaming "go back to your country!"

It is kind of "othering" and annoying (but not racist or discriminatory) that plenty of lil dipshits have the nerve to ask ("where were you born?".). There is nothing wrong with the question, but they ask that like they are doing me a favor by asking. And they don't ask white people

Plenty of lil dipshits have had the nerve to call me "n***a", but that is not racist or illegal. (Maybe classist)

Day laborers at work have the nerve to scream "chino" at me. Annoying but that's just (freedom of speech)

Anyways you do not choose your nationality and you don't control other peoples racism.

However you might be able to control your reaction to the racism

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 12:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I was a racist until I actually started hanging out with black people. That's the key: people getting together, doing normal things together.

100% agree Kraftie. Everyone is capable of redemption and simply engaging people is educational enough (more than attending a anti-racism seminar/workshop). I was hardly woke when I was a young man and made stupid assumptions about people which is why I am now so strongly against this type of thinking.

Thank you both for always speaking up. It hasn't gone unnoticed.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 12:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe, as long as you don’t personally attack somebody, or espouse something like Nazism, racism, or obvious conspiracy theories, that what you say will not be deemed inappropriate.

The rules are stricter in the Haven. You can’t, for example, tell a depressed person to “take the bull by the horns” or something like that without offering some true compassion, too.

I'm sure it didn't tick any of those boxes!

It may have been unhelpful to the OP.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 3:30 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
"
About five years ago I was at the bus stop and a stranger was screaming "go back to your country!"

There's a hilarious karen video that did the rounds on youtube where a white female (US) American expat decided to accost two teenage Canadian girls who were eating wild berries along a hiking path in a nature reserve in Canada.

The Karen got angry and started berating the two girls telling them not to damage the plants. The two girls looked puzzled and one of them had the sense of mind to switch on her phone camera to film the proceedings. The girls said the berries are actually blackberries or some garden plant that had blown into the park so there is no harm if they ate them.

The Karen got angry these two dared question her and said (I am not joking) "if you don't know how to behave in a national park then perhaps you should go back to the country you came from",

The girls started laughing. Karen goes "What so funny", One of them asked her "So are you from here"? and she admitted that she was from the United States. The the girl responded that "me and my sister are native Americans and my parents and grandparents are from this land". Maybe you should go back!!

Oh but karen furious! but she then started doing what can only be described as a fortnite "floss" dance daring the girls to do something. The arrogance and privilege are apparently portable across borders :lol:

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 7:28 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

Recently Chinese citizens have a joke about this:

Q: Will our return-to-country policy be relaxed this year?

A: In the past, if someone from the locals called me "Go back to your country!"
I might just scold:
Why don’t you go back to planned parenthood and tell your mom that her abortion have failed?
Now if a local calls me "Go back to your country!"
I might ask him to show me the way:
Oh thank you! I would love to! Can you please show me how???

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.