Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 12:54 pm

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Lunella wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
You can't get any antibiotics without a prescription.

No one can as far as I know? Only doctors and dentists and medical professionals are allowed to prescribe antibiotics due to the dangers of having too much where ones body is unable to fight off further illness if it has lost the ability due to too many antibiotics.

No you can, it depends what though - if you sign up with these online pharmacies you can get certain stuff, I normally order rosacea antibiotics online all the time to stop blemishes cause I can't be arsed to go to the doctors.

Apparently a lot of people do this for STI's as well because they find it embarassing to go to the docs in person lol

STI's? Bicycle gear levers? They stand for "Shimano Total Intergration". I remember when they first came out. The early ones were not great but later ones are brilliant except they are prone to lack of maintenence issues where after a certain length of time the grease goes hard and their internal pawls cease and many inexperienced bicycle mechanics will claim they are broken, when the experienced ones will know how to fix them to save the customers a big bill.
Prior to this was what was known as SIS which is standard on most bicycles today even with other makes. It stands for "Shimano Idexed System". It basically means the gears click into position where the position is no longer "Felt" by ear like the old friction systems were in the past (What I call "Proper" cycling!) but each click movement corresponds to a shift from one cog to the next on the deraileur system.
The only real downside to SIS and the later indexed systems were that they needed correct adjustment where in the past, other that the end stop screws (Which were not even built into very early deraileur systems!) need to be set right and that indexed systems also suffer from needing a rear mech that had very little play (Play came as the mech started to wear) and the old friction system would carry on working regardless of wear until it finally broke so would last at least double the length of time an indexed rear mech was and the only real difference between the two was that the index mech had a little cable adjuster. Some friction gear mechs may have had slightly different leverage but this actually did not matter too much unless one tried to cram the rear with more than a six or seven speed freewheel or cassette (Though the early six speed cassettes freewheels were found to not be that reliable and even later cassettes freewheeling mechanisms are generally never going to match the reliability of a good quality freewheel (Later built freewhels have a downgraded quality compared to the past designs), and this lack of casette freewheel mechanism reliability (If one takes the length of time they last) is mainly due to two things. The first is that one has a much smaller diameter area for the pawlsto work with in a casette, and the other is that with freewheels, when the teeth wear out the freewheeling mechanism is part of it so is changed at the same time so not only do they have to cope with less internal issues having a larger diameter pawl area, but they are renewed more often so less chance of them giving up and one becoming stranded).
But what do gear systems have to do with antibiotics? Not sure...
Or does STI have another meaning?

In this case I believe it stands for Sexually Transmitted Infection :oops:

Ah. Not quite the same.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 9:36 pm

I don't smoke or drink alcohol, but I'm sucking on a Tootsie Pop right now. Should I start making arrangements for my funeral?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 4:17 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't smoke or drink alcohol, but I'm sucking on a Tootsie Pop right now. Should I start making arrangements for my funeral?

Yes, you should. Sugar is dangerous poison and you will die of diabetes.

(Joke) :lol:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

26 May 2022, 2:13 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Worse still are artificial sweetners. Sugars are a mild health concern to the dangers of taking artificial sweetners. Saccarine (Aspartamine.. Also has other names) is an out and out poision and one cqn kill oneself if one has too much, yet these days it has all gone quiet. The max recommended dose was six saccarine tablets a day and they said to be safe do not take more than three.
Artificial sweetners in the sugarized form are even more deadly as one is not able to judge what a single dose actually is.

They claim that other types of artificial sweetners are "Healthy", but my body gets issues when I have any foods or drinks containing them and these other types cause me the same issues which are really concerning because it involves a trip to the A&E (What is A&E hospital called in USA?)

Yet these are in so many foods and drinks now that it is hard for me to avoid them. It is almost like the governments are trying to kill people these days!

Sugar is nothing compared to the dangers of artificial sweetners so be very careful that one is not overloading ones body with them.

Another serious health concern is chewing gum and bubble gum. In the town nearest to where I am living a 12 year old girld died through aving an overdose of chewing gum. She had become addicted to it, and it is not what you may think that killed her. It was an ingredient they use to make the gums work that bubble gums and chewing gums have that killed her which is a poision in larger doses. They say the safe dose is to spread a pack of chewing gum through out the week and never use the whole pack in a day. This girl was having two or three packs a day! She got weaker ad weaker. The hospital staff dis not realize the cause and it was only on the autopsy that the cause was found. Her Mum launched a campaign to try to raise awareness and had written to most of the major newspapers and the TV press but only the local newspaper would cover it due to the strong links between the press and the big companies. (The press todaynis owned by the same people that own the big companies which is why they did not want to get involved).

We see soo many false claims in the "Health" industry these days. I was brought up on a smallholding where we were taught the old ways of what was organic and what was not. Proper organic foods are not classed as being organic anymore and yet foods that are claimed to be "Organic" are not as they have twisted what the term "Organic" means. It is really surprizing if one does ones research what one can find out. But basically the safest way to know if the food item is organic these days is if one finds a slug or a few insect holes in the item (E.g. green leaf vegetables) it will be 100% organic. If there is no sign of any damage or any slugs or insects in any of the items offered for sale then look further, and if not one insect hole exists walk away! It is not what it says! As if insects do not go for it, then either it has been grown in conditions so sterile that there is no real goodness to the plant (Plants getbtheir goodness out of the soil microbes etc) and without any goodness it is just not going to do your body any good when you eat it. One may as wrll eat a wafer biscuit! (This is how a lot of todays false "Organic" foods are grown these days. Root veg are usually safe. Itnis the leafy veg one has to be concerned with. Traditional non organic which is foods sprayed with pesticides are actually better for you as at least you are getting the goodness in the soil even if you are taking in some pesticides! The food industry today for some leafy veg that carries the "Organic" label is fascinating how it is done, but it lacks the goodness in nutrient value that one needs).

But anyway. So many "Official" oppinions designed to make people buy their products! The best way is to eat what you want to eat and bless your food before you eat. The health industry makes a fortune on the backs of the common folk and the medical industry claims they know best when a lot of diabetis issues is due to the lack of proper organic veg that gives ones body the neutrients it needs to feed ones organs and make them work. Excess of sugar is not ideal, but an excess of sweetner is a death sentence!

I don't think blessing the food is effective.

Sugar alcohols are not absorbed by the body, that's why they are low calorie, but on the other hand they can be really yummy to the wrong bacteria in the gut, and they may outnumber the good ones, that could contribute to a lot of issues, from being thunderous to immunity decrease.

Cutting down sugar, has helped my enamel heal and is not friendly to gastritis, most doctors say diet is very important to the health and beauty of the hair and scalp much more than trying to work from the outside on it and sugar is the thing that needs to be cut down on as well as carbohydrates.

I think sweets will have to disappear and be replaced by fruits. IBS people can have orange because it benefits by enzymes and doesnt have the bad sugars.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 2:26 am

I went through a phase of eating not much other than fruit fish and vegetables. My hair did get shiny and looked good ;)

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:24 pm

in case you suicide

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:27 pm

Joe90 wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

actually sugar is processed like alcohol

it will give you a fatty liver

see Robert lustig

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:30 pm

and Gary taubes

imm still piddly winked but they do god stuff

someone just paid for ataxi for me to go t teir place

hope They are not a serial killer

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:31 pm

when sober big into ket paleo

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:32 pm

but won't waffle an bore you all to death

lololololi

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:32 pm

I like being autisticlololol its funny

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:33 pm

I'm chatting peeps up

loololoololololol

l8l is funny

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 4:36 pm

Joe90 wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Joe you is funny

you write a lot like I used to

ignore the ones whom don't want to be your friend

but adjust the sense of humour

you say stuff in a funny way though

stop being down on your autism
stoop it lol

its ok

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran