Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 11:32 pm

Warning - if you don't have anything nice to say then please do not post here. Any posts that include a personal attack or mockery will be reported.

... shouldn't have to use a disclaimer like that in the haven...

Anyway, I'm feeling really anxious about these things and I need some sympathy and/or reassurance.

1. My aunt is still suffering from long covid. She had covid at Christmas and has not been herself since. She only had 2 vaccines before she got covid but then had her third vaccine about 5 months ago. Ever since she's had covid she's been accident prone and has a recurring cough that won't go away. She's a non-smoker and has no underlying health issues. Will she ever get better, and will there be a forth vaccine in place, as my boyfriend had his third jab last summer and so is probably not as effective now, and covid cases have increased to 3 million in the UK.

2. Me and my boyfriend only work part-time and I have a feeling that all the rent and bills comes to slightly more than what we earn between us. I think it's due to the cost of living going up.

3. Global warming is noticing for the first time in my lifetime, and I'm scared we're all going to suffer, but it's really caused by greedy rich humans that are unstoppable and care more about making money than they do the planet and the lives of people and animals.

4. Some genius is doing all they can to kill off the high street shops in my town, which is actually a city and used to be one of the best shopping centres in Essex. I love shopping (not Amazon, I mean physically going out shopping) but I feel like the city is coming like a ghost town just because businesses are either losing business or making so much money that they have to buy bigger stores out of the city.

5. Putin is incredibly childish and needs to do the whole world a favour and drop dead.

6. I'm having trouble sleeping at night and I seem to only sleep in the daylight. The insomnia seems to be causing my anxiety levels to be higher, and I'm not getting chores done or concentrating on things properly. I think it's these hot nights but opening the window and having a fan on is not making any difference. It's too humid. We have a dehumidifier but I don't like to leave it running all night. And no, air con is out of the question.

7. I've had a pelvic scan and I'm awaiting the results but I'm scared it's going to turn out to be ovarian cancer or something. 50% of the population get cancer, so everybody's got a 50/50 chance of getting cancer. It's the same chance of being born male or female. It's so scary, and no doubt I'll probably be in the unlucky half that gets cancer.

It's 5.30am, I've only slept about 1 and a half hours, all these anxious thoughts are going round and round in my head. Why won't my body let me sleep? I keep taking sleeping pills but I really had to have a break as you're not supposed to keep taking them every night. It just looks like all these unpleasant things are happening right before my eyes and I have no control, I'm just helpless. In all my adult life I have never been so worried about so many global disasters all at once, and it's the first time I've had to worry about health and money. :cry:

ShaggyPlays
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2022, 9:03 am

I have nights like this where i just can't get these thoughts out of my head. It is like a hornets nest of negative thoughts and there is no easy way to get rid of them. I have been getting anxiety attacks more and more lately as current events not just in my life but globally seem to get worse and worse. I understand the uncontrollable worry of things you cannot control big or small. All I can offer is solidarity in the fact that you are not alone in this increase in anxiety.