Overwhelm in Setting New Routines

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Ceallaigh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2022, 10:51 pm

Hi! I've tried and tried on my own to set some new routines. I've even tried getting my hubs to help. I just can't seem to do it! I spent 10 years too sick and brain fogged to do much of anything. In 2020 when everyone else was dealing with COVID, I was dealing with breast cancer. The great thing about that is that the radiation treatments killed off the mold in my body that had been making me sick all those years. While I now am clear-headed and have energy to do all the things I need to, the down side is that I now am clear-headed enough to get overwhelmed with trying to get routines established. It seems like everything I try I just can't get it going. Even just trying to get one little thing going and then adding to it. Anyone have any tricks? (Thanks in advance)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 10:18 am

Sweet Pea hugs

Jleger91
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2022, 7:59 pm

You've tried setting new routines and it isn't working. The breast cancer has been removed; congratulations. You are now clear-headed enough and get overwhelmed regardless; need tips or tricks for getting going through the fog.
Recently I messed up too and didn't attend an important event to show a friend that I care. I could've done better. All I needed to do was put on music, put one foot forward, and take that first step.

Ceallaigh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Oct 2022, 10:25 pm

Sorry it took me so long to reply! 8O Thank you so much for that! I do try to just keep taking it one step at a time, it just gets to be too overwhelming at times. :)

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 3:37 am

Don't force yourself too much....if you need routines (or samenesses as I call them) go with the ones that work for you and don't stress you out.

I've had years of illness and brain fog and many of my samenesses have fallen by the wayside as a result...when I am not physically ill I get stressed out by that.

Ie when I am ill I have no choice but when I am well I struggle with the chaos and the lack of calmness that sameness brings (in some ways anyway).

I am glad your cancer is resolved

Go slowly and let your routines form themselves x

Last edited by Earthbound_Alien on 19 Oct 2022, 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 3:40 am

I am calmer and happier with my samenesses in place but I can't force them x

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 3:41 am

Jleger91 wrote:
You've tried setting new routines and it isn't working. The breast cancer has been removed; congratulations. You are now clear-headed enough and get overwhelmed regardless; need tips or tricks for getting going through the fog.
Recently I messed up too and didn't attend an important event to show a friend that I care. I could've done better. All I needed to do was put on music, put one foot forward, and take that first step.

That's ok x

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 11:10 am

Do not worry. Let every little day worry about itself.

Ceallaigh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Oct 2022, 10:09 pm

Earthbound_Alien wrote:
Don't force yourself too much....if you need routines (or samenesses as I call them) go with the ones that work for you and don't stress you out.

I've had years of illness and brain fog and many of my samenesses have fallen by the wayside as a result...when I am not physically ill I get stressed out by that.

Ie when I am ill I have no choice but when I am well I struggle with the chaos and the lack of calmness that sameness brings (in some ways anyway).

I am glad your cancer is resolved

Go slowly and let your routines form themselves x

I love this! Thank you so much! As they say, Attitude is everything. :heart: