11 Sep 2022, 2:23 pm

Maybe Thrush?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 2:41 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Maybe Thrush?

Hopefully, as that's so common in different areas of the body and usually clears up with the proper hygiene.

Diagnosed with ADHD
Have Anxiety Disorder
Diagnosed with mild ASD but I don't identify as autistic

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 3:41 pm

Gentian violet gets rid off that but leaves purple stains.
No rash on your hands of feet or I’d suspect hoof and mouth disease.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 4:35 pm

Ugh, I just feel like I have a million ulcers in my mouth. I really hope this calms down in time to enjoy my vacation.

Diagnosed with ADHD
Have Anxiety Disorder

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 5:10 pm

Do hope you feel better joe90…. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 7:23 pm

I wish you could see a doctor.

Not because what you have is serious…but because then you’ll probably know better what you do have.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 5:58 pm

My gums have healed a bit now, not completely but they're nowhere near as bad as before. And I figured I didn't have a sore throat all this time, it was just painful mouth ulcers rubbing against my back teeth both sides that sent a shooting pain across my throat every time I swallowed. Now that I only have it on one side I know that it wasn't a sore throat.

I was almost crying in pain at the airport yesterday because all I wanted to do was eat a substantial meal before getting on the plane but all I could do was sip icy drinks. Then when I was on the plane the gums quickly started healing but was replaced by something WORSE - queasiness and vertigo caused by an empty stomach. Not a very good combination and although I knew I probably wasn't going to physically vomit I still thought my stomach was going to heave, and I was worrying about how other people near me would feel if I started gagging.

I survived the plane ride without heaving but I felt so dizzy and lightheaded when I got off. I just kept slipping water.

It's horrible feeling ill on a plane and not being quite sure what your body is going to do.

Diagnosed with ADHD
Have Anxiety Disorder

jimmyjazzuk
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Sep 2022, 6:02 pm

The majority of these websites are in the business of making money off people with health anxieties. They're running web ads, theyre also probably trying to sell you treatment.. Some people out there even get a kick out of scaring people. Or they are hypochondriac themselves.

I am a hypochondriac. My anxieties and non expertise mean I am not able to properly weigh up the information. I don't Google now, I just speak to professionals.

The dentist doesn't seem very concerned about your gingivitis. Your gums weren't bleeding the last two days I gather? I highly doubt you'll lose any teeth.

Seems like your taking the correct steps to keeping things in check and well done for booking the dentist!

The only thing I'd say is get a mixed pack of interdental brushes, my hygienist recommends them for gum cleaning.

Enjoy your holiday!

jimmyjazzuk
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Sep 2022, 6:16 pm

FYI 55% of adults have gum bleeding and it's very reversible

99% of worries never happen.