Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

honeytoast
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 431
Location: 1Q84

14 Sep 2022, 2:07 am

FML

not sure where to go next.


_________________
dear god, dear god, tinkle tinkle hoy.


Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2014
Age: 123
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 32,675
Location: Out of my mind

14 Sep 2022, 2:15 am

Oh no!
What happened?


_________________
It's like I'm sleepwalking


r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,624
Location: Virginia

14 Sep 2022, 2:19 am

You'll find the right place. :wink:


_________________
"We disagree."


honeytoast
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 431
Location: 1Q84

14 Sep 2022, 2:21 am

Raleigh wrote:
Oh no!
What happened?

Long story short: I left a horrible workplace.


_________________
dear god, dear god, tinkle tinkle hoy.


honeytoast
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 431
Location: 1Q84

14 Sep 2022, 2:21 am

r00tb33r wrote:
You'll find the right place. :wink:

I really hope so….


_________________
dear god, dear god, tinkle tinkle hoy.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,151
Location: Queens, NYC

14 Sep 2022, 7:54 am

Sorry you had to leave your job.



Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jan 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,494

14 Sep 2022, 11:05 am

honeytoast wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Oh no!
What happened?

Long story short: I left a horrible workplace.


Well in that case, shouldn't we say congratulations? :D



shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Mar 2017
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,017

14 Sep 2022, 11:29 am

honeytoast wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Oh no!
What happened?

Long story short: I left a horrible workplace.



What kind of horrible things did your coworkers do?



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,581
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

14 Sep 2022, 11:39 am

On the bright side, you could go anywhere because EVERYWHERE is hiring!


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,289
Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

14 Sep 2022, 11:21 pm

Sweet Pea hugs


_________________
Oberfeldwebel

Age: 48
Gender: Non-Binary
Pronouns: He/Him/His
IQ: 86 and I use all 86 of them.


honeytoast
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 431
Location: 1Q84

20 Sep 2022, 7:13 am

Fireblossom wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Oh no!
What happened?

Long story short: I left a horrible workplace.


Well in that case, shouldn't we say congratulations? :D

I suppose so, but I wasn’t ready to leave yet. I needed more money.


_________________
dear god, dear god, tinkle tinkle hoy.


honeytoast
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 431
Location: 1Q84

20 Sep 2022, 7:14 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Oh no!
What happened?

Long story short: I left a horrible workplace.



What kind of horrible things did your coworkers do?


My coworkers were quite nice actually. I considered them to be my friends. It was horrible because of the environment and the owners. Horrible, vile people who are just money hungry.


_________________
dear god, dear god, tinkle tinkle hoy.


honeytoast
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 431
Location: 1Q84

20 Sep 2022, 7:15 am

goldfish21 wrote:
On the bright side, you could go anywhere because EVERYWHERE is hiring!

I know you are being kind when you say this, but I’ve sent out at least 25-30 applications in my hometown and elsewhere.

Most of them have no decency to reply back. They just say nothing. Some give me a rejection email. Once or twice they give me an interview and I don’t get the job.

Everywhere is hiring, but they aren’t hiring me.


_________________
dear god, dear god, tinkle tinkle hoy.


Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,083
Location: United States

20 Sep 2022, 8:50 am

I'm sorry to hear this! What kind of job was it? Would you want to get the same kind of job with a different company that isn't toxic?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,151
Location: Queens, NYC

20 Sep 2022, 9:16 am

What sort of jobs are you looking for?



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,581
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

20 Sep 2022, 12:58 pm

honeytoast wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
On the bright side, you could go anywhere because EVERYWHERE is hiring!

I know you are being kind when you say this, but I’ve sent out at least 25-30 applications in my hometown and elsewhere.

Most of them have no decency to reply back. They just say nothing. Some give me a rejection email. Once or twice they give me an interview and I don’t get the job.

Everywhere is hiring, but they aren’t hiring me.

I suppose it depends on the industry.

When I work in construction, companies can put ads out and get zero applications, so literally almost anyone willing to show up and lift materials & tools may be given a shot. And if it doesn't work out for them, virtually every other construction company in every other trade is also hiring so they can have another job arranged within a day or two. Same goes for almost all manual labour jobs - the more physical they are, the easier the job is to get. Trick is to pick a Skilled Labour job, because then at least you'll earn a decent wage over time vs. just be a mule for low pay forever.

When I worked in an office and posted job ads seeking a new accountant to hire, I had a couple hundred+ applications to read through. Everyone wants some kind of cushy office job at a keyboard instead of doing real work (Force in Newtons x distance in metres = Work in joules) so there's a HUGE difference between seeking a cushy job riding a desk and getting your hands dirty building offices.

Here, due to the supply and demand of educated people vs. skilled people, for average office jobs vs. average construction jobs, it pays better to build things. It's only if you're up nearer to the top of the office job world that you'll earn more than a tradesman.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.