I thought I made myself perfectly clear

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 12:35 pm

Last year I wrote about a former friend of mine who turned out to be an immature vulnerable narcissist.

Basically, he thinks that he's automatically entitled to a fine education overseas at Oxford or Cambridge and life always gets in the way as he is always getting jinxed being stuck being a caregiver for a disabled family members because no one else in his family wants to do it. It's either always someone else's fault or life's always standing in his way. Finally, he's always changing his story about doing all these things that he wants to do. For instance, he hates the college town that he's living in therefore refuses to make any effort to start there and work his way into those colleges, event for a semester overseas. In fact, nothing is good enough for him. To top it all off, he lies all the time and seems to always use intelligent people to do a hard math for him.

Last year, I blocked him and cut him out of my life and just moved on. Well, he texted me from another number today and I had to remind him that I am not interested in a friendship. He threw a tantrum with me and also tried to put me on a guilt trip for dumping him. He thinks I am dumping him over something silly because I don't like what he's doing. The reality is that he thinks the world owes him a living

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 1:27 pm

If he persists, tell him that you didn’t dump him as a friend over not liking something he was doing.. it’s more like not liking him as a person. So, F off and have a nice life.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 1:32 pm

Don't fall into the trap of replying to this person!
Just block the new number and carry on.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 2:43 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Don't fall into the trap of replying to this person!
Just block the new number and carry on.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 3:44 pm

Hi everyone,

When I responded, I didn’t react. I attempted to tell him that it’s not a good idea for us to be friends. I said that I don’t think we are a good pair.

He started writing the same script for his drama next to guilt tripping me.

“You would be very upset if I dumped you the way you are dumping me. After everything we did.”

However, I attempted to disarm him by using calm phrases. “I see where you are coming from” and “I don’t have time to argue.”

He also shared with me that he had an agenda. He basically wanted to contact me just so he could use me for his grandiose dreams.

I told him I didn’t have time and that our conversation was done. After that, I blocked him again and deleted his text messages.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 3:58 pm

C’mon, you can’t tell us that story without telling us what his plans were for you in his grandiose dreams..

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 4:25 pm

Goldfish- His grandiose dreams

1. He thinks he’s going to get accepted into Oxford just like that.
A. However, he doesn’t have much of an educational background or a lot of money to get in.
B. He also keeps talking about working on this book for 10 years and claims he’s having other people help him with the math. However, he doesn’t know what type and level of math.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm

Ok

So what did he say your involvement was?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 4:48 pm

Two things

1. He wanted me to show him how to set some goals and take baby steps towards getting an education and a career

2. Being that I understand math, he wanted me to help him with the math in his “Book.” He also said he wanted me to reach out to my Jewish friends at my synagogue.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 4:58 pm

How old is this dude? 18?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 5:22 pm

Sounds pretty much what a stalker would do.... 8O

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 5:38 pm

cyberdad wrote:

No, he’s in his early 50’s

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 10:24 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

hmmm

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 7:21 am

cyberdad wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

hmmm

Yes but as I mentioned above, he’s very immature. The way he handled my rebuff and he responded tells me a lot.

When I met him 10 years ago, he lived in my city and was talking big then. However, I never saw him seeming to make any effort.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 9:08 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

A man that age will never change. Put him behind you.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 9:52 am

rse92 wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

A man that age will never change. Put him behind you.

Yes, I think so too because I don’t have the time or energy to associate with someone like that. The last time I got together with him and his cousin, he got on my nerves

Examples:
1. Kept pointing out nice cars, houses and neighborhoods that he wish he has b but could not afford
2.Comparing himself to his other successful friends who all educations, money, finances, etc while he’s poor taking care of his cousin.
3. The last few times he’s been all over the place about other things he’s going to do.

One time he said he was wanted to get into investing while another he said he wanted to go train to be a pilot.

He’s definitely narcissistic because he has the black and white reasoning about things. He’s all right no matter what.

Finally, it’s my understanding that he has a bad temper which has gotten him banned from a few stores.