I’m So Angry at My Dad!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 11:58 pm

He emailed me saying he wanted to see me, I told him no, I’m not feeling well, I been coughing, I asked him can him understand. He ignored me & came anyway, I should’ve known he wouldn’t listen. The man is soooo incredibly stubborn, my sister takes after him, he wants to get his way, I told him alot of times, I dont like taking on the phone, he keeps ignoring that. One BIG reason that I hate talking to him on the phone cuz he doesn’t listen to me, I tell him something, if he doesn’t understand, he will say something else thinking I said it. He can give me anxiety too on the phone & get me upset, it can be so bad that I can cry. Anyway I got upset when I heard his voice, I had so much anxiety, he was bringing me Persian food & a plant, he bought quarters too for my laundry, he dropped them off, he said he wasn’t going stay, he should have told me in an email. He left, I was trying to get my cat in my bedroom, I had to chase her, I was still having anxiety & breathing too hard, my cat finally went into my bedroom, so I could open the door, it took me around a hour to calm down, i kept doing my breathing exercises. I ate dinner then I was having a coughing attack, I threw up in my mouth then I threw up again.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 12:24 am

a pity that your dad seems "tone deaf" to your needs.

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2022, 5:50 am

I have had similar problems with my mum. I deal with it better now that I can see she is autistic just like me. She doesn't know it yet.

Not_Otherwize_Specified
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Dec 2022, 12:07 pm

That's awful that your father doesn't listen to you, my mom and other people like that in my life can be like that a lot. I know how terrible that feels when your suggestions seem to be purposely unheard/ignored. Has he always been like that with you? and does he act that way with other people or does it just seem to be with you?