Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 9:39 pm

Why Aspergers people have more mood swings? One day I can be happy & the next day day sad, I can also be happy, then few hours later, I can be sad. On Christmas Eve day I was very happy, I ordered groceries from online, I bought more pumpkin pie, chocolate chip cookies, whip cream & chicken salad in a container from the deli section. The delivery guy was friendly & talkative, he brought in my groceries & we also talked a little bit, I put my groceries away, I didn’t have any anxiety, I usually have anxiety when I’m on my feet, I listened to Bryan Adams while putting the groceries away. I continue to stay happy. On Christmas, I woke up depressed, I stayed in bed until 12 PM, I continue to be depressed, I was a little better than earlier. I’m ok today, but little sad.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 9:47 pm

Yes, I'm very up and down myself. I tend to feel better in the morning, especially if it's a nice day. Yhen the anxiety creeps in, especially at night.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 9:54 pm

Probably because Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects socializing and life opportunities and the level of discrimination a person receives from society. There are lots of negative factors to having Autism which often results in depression that a person experiences. That explains the environmental factor somewhat...

There may also be genes associated with depression that are more likely to be expressed alongside Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 3:46 am

I don't know myself, but i am the same way. Don't understand my feelings well.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 9:22 pm

I had a big meltdown, cuz of responsibility & less help, I have a friend that helps me with my apartment cleaning, trash & she wash my clothes, I need more help in life, she not enough, she has job, she in this country with a work visa, she can’t come much cuz of new year day & her birthday coming up soon, she wants to spend it with her other friend, making me feel very mad & really hating life, she didn’t understand why I got so upset, I wish I can explain things right. When I had my meltdown, I wanted to die, I keep saying to myself that I want to die, I was in my bedroom putting stuff away, I was sitting on my bed, my cat was on my bed too, I asked her to bite me so I could hurt myself. I really hate feeling alone.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2022, 2:47 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I had a big meltdown, cuz of responsibility & less help, I have a friend that helps me with my apartment cleaning, trash & she wash my clothes, I need more help in life, she not enough, she has job, she in this country with a work visa, she can’t come much cuz of new year day & her birthday coming up soon, she wants to spend it with her other friend, making me feel very mad & really hating life, she didn’t understand why I got so upset, I wish I can explain things right. When I had my meltdown, I wanted to die, I keep saying to myself that I want to die, I was in my bedroom putting stuff away, I was sitting on my bed, my cat was on my bed too, I asked her to bite me so I could hurt myself. I really hate feeling alone.

I wish there was a way i could help, that sounds so tough. It's not your fault that you are unable to express yourself sometimes, especially during meltdowns. It's the worst feeling, i know.

Your friend sounds like a nice person, try not to get mad at her. I understand the urge to get mad when your needs aren't met, but your friend probably also has her own problems herself.