Heavy blanket thats not hot?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mephitidae
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Mar 2023, 5:01 pm

Quick ask; I'm looking for a blanket that feels heavy when under it but does not trap much heat ... ....Yeah I know I'm asking for a physics miracle but I would so love a good nights sleep... I can only get good sleep for a few weeks in the winter every year when its nice and cold outside, the rest of the year is dreadful...

Any recommendations/Ideas? I'm all ears..
..btw, cant afford the air-conditioning to make it cold at night so that one is out...
...so is opening the window since my neighbor is constantly burning something, be it brush, trash, or fireplace..

Clararawr
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Mar 2023, 9:31 pm

I got a glass bead only weighted blanket with no fiber. It obviously has material sewn to contain the beads but that material is a breatheable cotton.

It holds very little heat and infact I find the volume of glass quite cooling when first putting it on my body.

I don't remember the name and can't find it as tags are the devil. I did just search cooling weighted blankets on Amazon though.

If you have one of these and it's not cool enough my only suggestion would be to sew the beads into smaller pockets and cut out the now empty sections, that does require you have have equipment and skill or enough money to pay someone else to do it.

Best of luck

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran